The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epcot "spine?" Is this in regards of redoing the "hub" of Epcot with Innoventions, etc?

Would much rather prefer a new dark ride valued at $200 Million as opposed to a Coco overlay. I think we all know how that's going to turn out, though.

The "spine" would cover innoventions but also just the look and feel of the main center part of Future World, so from the entrance through the middle of Futureworld out to the lagoon

Epcot "spine?" Is this in regards of redoing the "hub" of Epcot with Innoventions, etc?

Would much rather prefer a new dark ride valued at $200 Million as opposed to a Coco overlay. I think we all know how that's going to turn out, though.

I love Coco, and think it would fit well in Mexico, but I agree that I'd prefer to see a new ride in the UK. They are going to need something to balance out the Rat crowds, and a new ride, even just a nice dark ride, would help with that. And having four rides in WS would help balance it with the other half of Epcot, that will have 7 rides once GotG opens.

The "spine" would cover innoventions but also just the look and feel of the main center part of Future World, so from the entrance through the middle of Futureworld out to the lagoon
Per insiders - the "spine" is from the Monorail hub all the way to the WS bay. It includes the reworking(/demo, /update) of Innoventions. There are still multiple plans for this whole area, including the walkway from FW to WS, but to my knowledge it hasn't been locked yet on what will happen.

Be nice if for the 50th it was given a refresh - just make sure all animatronics are in good working order and redo the ending game things so it works better and is more advanced. I don't think it needs a major overhaul but some TLC would be nice
Per Martin as I stated above, if it happens its supposed to be time with the opening of GotG. To help with crowd thinning I believe.

I love Coco, and think it would fit well in Mexico, but I agree that I'd prefer to see a new ride in the UK. They are going to need something to balance out the Rat crowds, and a new ride, even just a nice dark ride, would help with that. And having four rides in WS would help balance it with the other half of Epcot, that will have 7 rides once GotG opens.
I am usually for a new ride rather than refurbing another ride and my opinion stays the same in this case. They need to add something to WS near the back entrance to counter the crowds of Rat.

Per Martin as I stated above, if it happens its supposed to be time with the opening of GotG. To help with crowd thinning I believe.

I've been watching the talk about SSE possibly getting a refresh, and I haven't seen anything about it being done to coincide with GotG opening. In fact, one thing he cautioned was that discussion re: SSE was still "in its infancy" at this point. And sometime in the next 5 years. It seems like he's been talking more about the Wonders pavilion wrt GotG and thinning crowds over that way. Maybe I misread.

I've been watching the talk about SSE possibly getting a refresh, and I haven't seen anything about it being done to coincide with GotG opening. In fact, one thing he cautioned was that discussion re: SSE was still "in its infancy" at this point. And sometime in the next 5 years. It seems like he's been talking more about the Wonders pavilion wrt GotG and thinning crowds over that way. Maybe I misread.

Personally, I think the WoL building will be used as a meet and greet for GotG. A Rocket and Groot permanent M&G could be fun. I also think a GotG lounge with a band, and retail outlet would fit in that pavilion. Those things would also spread the crowds some, more so than an SSE face lift (although the end scenes do need to be updated).

Personally, I think the WoL building will be used as a meet and greet for GotG. A Rocket and Groot permanent M&G could be fun. I also think a GotG lounge with a band, and retail outlet would fit in that pavilion. Those things would also spread the crowds some, more so than an SSE face lift (although the end scenes do need to be updated).

I like that idea ... was always thinking it would become a more permanent festival center plus some other small attraction and something like this could fit.

But giving some reason to go there year round would be great - even if as a break from the heat and meet and greet, Lounge, etc

Be nice if for the 50th it was given a refresh - just make sure all animatronics are in good working order and redo the ending game things so it works better and is more advanced. I don't think it needs a major overhaul but some TLC would be nice

It's getting to be time for a new narrator, right? It's been Dench for 10 years now. Irons was 13 years and Cronkite 8.

It's getting to be time for a new narrator, right? It's been Dench for 10 years now. Irons was 13 years and Cronkite 8.

I don't think it *needs* a new narrator, but probably getting to that time and is the most obvious sign that an update was done so I would think they would do that as well

Since he seems to do everything else I assume it will be The Rock

I still have a little grudge against Judi Dench for replacing my beloved Jeremy Irons narration, so I would be rather happy to have a new narrator. Not that I usually listen in English, anyway, it's more fun to do it in other languages and see how much I pick up.

I still have a little grudge against Judi Dench for replacing my beloved Jeremy Irons narration, so I would be rather happy to have a new narrator. Not that I usually listen in English, anyway, it's more fun to do it in other languages and see how much I pick up.
You sound like my 18yo daughter! She loves to put it in different languages!

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think WS is already too busy during the festivals. Adding Rat and maybe another ride is going to make Food and Wine a disaster to try and get around.
It’s already a 30 min wait at the booths, just wait for the new crowds coming in for these rides and we will see hour waits for a beer and cheese soup at Canada.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I think WS is already too busy during the festivals. Adding Rat and maybe another ride is going to make Food and Wine a disaster to try and get around.
It’s already a 30 min wait at the booths, just wait for the new crowds coming in for these rides and we will see hour waits for a beer and cheese soup at Canada.
I actually think it should help with crowds. It gives another thing for people to do and takes people out of line for the booths and puts them in line for the attractions.

I actually think it should help with crowds. It gives another thing for people to do and takes people out of line for the booths and puts them in line for the attractions.
I get what he’s saying though, adding more to future world First makes more sense to keep crowd levels but obviously any addition to help thin clusters is gonna help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter