The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on Rat or what "late Spring" is? (looking for the month)

Spring is pretty much March - May for Disney.

Darn that is what I was guessing. I have March 25th 2020 penciled in for our EPCOT day and was hoping it would be done by then. Ill just put it on the "don't expect it" level of expectation and if it is then great.

Rumor from Jim Hill saying that Disney is considering putting Ice Age into Animal Kingdom after the Fox merge finalizes.

Seems like a beyond it's prime run into the ground IP but who knows.

Rumor from Jim Hill saying that Disney is considering putting Ice Age into Animal Kingdom after the Fox merge finalizes.

This was being discussed on wdwmagic too. I think Disney is looking at the IPs it is getting with the Fox deal and seeing where they could fit. Ice Age is a big property for Fox and could fit in AK. It is far too early for anything to be really in the works.

This was being discussed on wdwmagic too. I think Disney is looking at the IPs it is getting with the Fox deal and seeing where they could fit. Ice Age is a big property for Fox and could fit in AK. It is far too early for anything to be really in the works.

Well, "the arctic" is one area they haven't covered in AK yet, so I can see why they might be looking for a fit there. I agree that this IP seems to not be very active now BUT I could also see it becoming a series on the Disney Streaming service so perhaps made more current

I’d say don’t use any animated Fox IPs just cause Disney is such an iconic animation company all ready and then/Pixar have a fine catalogue
While I agree in principal, I think it may be a bit naive of us to assume a company would acquire all those IPs in a sale like this and not use them.

Like it or not Disney isn't the Disney of old, it is a blend of Disney, Marvel, Pixar and soon Fox IP. Using some of the more popular IPs of Fox is going to happen I assume.

While I agree in principal, I think it may be a bit naive of us to assume a company would acquire all those IPs in a sale like this and not use them.

Like it or not Disney isn't the Disney of old, it is a blend of Disney, Marvel, Pixar and soon Fox IP. Using some of the more popular IPs of Fox is going to happen I assume.
Don’t think that means the only way to derive value is by putting those IPs in Parks, though. Feels to me personally like it would water down the considerable Disney animation brand to put something like ice age in the parks. JMO.

Last edited:

Don't forget LucasFilm! Which obviously included Star Wars animated series.

If Ice Age replaced the current Dino Carnival land then I think that would be a better fit.

HOWEVER, I still would love to see a Zootopialand in the huge plot of land behind (to the North) of the Maharajah Jungle where the main entrance is the train that takes you to the petting zoo.

Since the addition of Pandora, you could 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon anything in AK and make it fit back to conservation or whatever. I'm not saying that in a good or bad way, but it definitely lost its planet earth feel for me. It's hard to say Pandora fits but Ice Age, Indiana Jones or Die Hard 3 doesn't.

Since the addition of Pandora, you could 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon anything in AK and make it fit back to conservation or whatever. I'm not saying that in a good or bad way, but it definitely lost its planet earth feel for me. It's hard to say Pandora fits but Ice Age, Indiana Jones or Die Hard 3 doesn't.
Pandora does fit with the conservation theme. Avatar was about protecting the environment/planet they were on.

Pandora does fit with the conservation theme. Avatar was about protecting the environment/planet they were on.

Sure it does, but AK was never just about conservation to me. It was about Mother Earth, her people, her creatures AND protecting it. A land of South America, Antarctica or Australia would have been a better fit for me (this is just my opinion or course).

Yes, the Avatar film is about protecting Pandora. You could argue Guardians of the Galaxy is about protecting the universe so it fits as well.

Sure it does, but AK was never just about conservation to me. It was about Mother Earth, her people, her creatures AND protecting it. A land of South America, Antarctica or Australia would have been a better fit for me (this is just my opinion or course).

Yes, the Avatar film is about protecting Pandora. You could argue Guardians of the Galaxy is about protecting the universe so it fits as well.
We will have to agree to disagree then. That would be quite the stretch to make Guardians fit. Pandora works in AK IMO. There was always supposed to be a mythical creature component.

If Ice Age replaced the current Dino Carnival land then I think that would be a better fit.

HOWEVER, I still would love to see a Zootopialand in the huge plot of land behind (to the North) of the Maharajah Jungle where the main entrance is the train that takes you to the petting zoo.

I honestly don't know why they aren't expanding this IP. It seems like a perfect tongue and groove fit for AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter