The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to agree to disagree then. That would be quite the stretch to make Guardians fit. Pandora works in AK IMO. There was always supposed to be a mythical creature component.

Since the firing of Gunn, Disney has asked me to write the GoTG3 script. They will be battling evil alien vampire oil frackers. :P

Actually Avatar is about protecting the Earth. There's no such place as Pandora ;), it was written and made so that we would not "destroy our mother" (Earth), as the Earthlings in the movie did. Of course it was fiction, but the point was to tug at our collective hearts in order to further conservation, and a large part of the movie is about scientists studying the flora and fauna.

Actually Avatar is about protecting the Earth. There's no such place as Pandora ;), it was written and made so that we would not "destroy our mother" (Earth), as the Earthlings in the movie did. Of course it was fiction, but the point was to tug at our collective hearts in order to further conservation, and a large part of the movie is about scientists studying the flora and fauna.
Nothing pre Pandora was fictional

Just reporting here something I found out a few days ago when trying to book the MK train tour for November.

For months now, the train tour had no November dates, (but had October, December and January dates) and no one seemed to know why.

Then, it came out that the MK railroad would be down starting in December due to the Tron construction. So I thought maybe now November dates would open up for the tour.

I called and was told "We don't have any dates for November due to the Christmas parade taping - dates haven't been determined yet, so they have just not listed ANY train tours for that entire month". They told me they hope to have some clarification on the parade dates and hopefully have the train tour open again.

*shrug* I was told to call back in a month to see if they locked down the taping dates yet and see if they opened up

Camp Minnie Mickey wasn't a realistic place.

I was speaking of Lands, I personally wouldn't consider Camp MM a land. Some may I suppose.

Well, the original plans for Animal Kingdom called for Beastly Kingdom, but due to $ they couldn't do that and Dino Land - which, features an roadside amusement park owned by dinosaurs theme which isn't exactly realistic either

Yes it was, but then it wasn't. They chose a different direction and feel the sort of jumped the shark by adding Pandora. As far a dino's they were very much a part of our planet. Dinos fit to me but wouldn't have been my 1st choice but but at least its a part of our earth.

Well... Tough to be a Bug isn't exactly a documentary. And, of course, as other have said, Beastly Kingdom was planned at (there was even a unicorn statue in the park) from the very beginning.

Again, its a show but bugs are real. In fact, I was swatting at mosquitos this morning.

If they were to add 2 or 3 more outer worldly lands then Asia and Africa would see out of place to me. I guess this isn't the correct thread for this so i'll stop now.

Yes it was, but then it wasn't. They chose a different direction and feel the sort of jumped the shark by adding Pandora. As far a dino's they were very much a part of our planet. Dinos fit to me but wouldn't have been my 1st choice but but at least its a part of our earth.

well, it was due to money that they had to choose between Beastly Kingdom or Dino Land for park opening and they chose Dino Land to cross-promote the Dinosaur movie. They always intended to build Beastly Kingdom - to the point that a dragon is still part of the parks logo and the dedication plaque to the park states "Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons"

And my point about Dino Land is that, yes Dinosaurs were real, but in reality they were never running roadside carnivals, so there is already an element of fantasy built into the park

I totally get not wanting Pandora as part of Animal Kingdom and thinking it doesn't fit, etc. but I don't think you can use the reason that there was never to be fictional representation in the park as it was always the plan - they just changed up what fictional elements got built

Beastly Kingdom was still getting kicked around about a year before the Pandora announcement, as well.

Like Harry Potter, I'm not real attached to Avatar. Neither lands at either of the parks are getting me through the turn styles. I just have no desire to see either.

I have always taken the parks broad theme as...
MK - Story & Fantasy
AK - Nature
EP - Tech & World
HS - Movie/TV/Music

As long as any new lands and attractions fit within this broad scope I think its fine.
(cough cough I have theme issues with Tron coaster in MK rather than EPCOT)

And my point about Dino Land is that, yes Dinosaurs were real, but in reality they were never running roadside carnivals, so there is already an element of fantasy built into the park

Well to be fair here, the carnival isn't run by dinosaurs, it's dinosaur themed because of the Dino Institue being nearby. The carnival is meant to be a tourist trap that expanded off of the road side gift shop's success.

It's run by an elderly couple named Chester and Hester (in the picture you can see they are not dinosaurs, at least not the big lizard kind).

1-mr-mrs-hester-700x649.jpg

Last edited:
I would love a dragon land at disney. You could tie it in with descendants and appeal to the tween audience. I suppose part of the problem is being unique enough from Harry Potter dragons and stuff but there is always room for another dragon.

I don't think Buzz needs to be replaced - more it needs an upgrade or some heavy maintenance ... if you had the guns from Disneyland and some updated animatronics and just some work so that the shooting/scoring is more accurate I think you have a fine attraction - certainly plenty of others that need to be replaced before it

One could argue it isn't in the proper location but definitely feels more "tomorrow"-ish than, say Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

This. That tech is 20 years old at this point. Do a major refurb with up to date tech. The wear on the paint is really bad at this point. They didn't even let ISW degrade so badly.

Last edited:
Should've done it right the first time. That's what bugs me so much about the last few expansions. None were done right, it's like they didn't learn from DL back in the 1950s. So frustrating.

You expect corporate memory to last 60 years? Talk about fantasy.

They really screwed up the NRJ; it ends just as your brain is accepting this new world. It needed at least another 60-90 seconds to be good enough to draw some demand off FoP.

Last edited:
Just a quick Update on Epcot - it was confirmed by Martin at WDWMagic.com that the hotel at the entrance of Epcot has been put on hold, the monies are being directed elsewhere. But.... per Martin, if that falls through they could come back to looking at it.
Seems like the right thing to let slip if something has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter