The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I did not have APs for my 2 kids and they allowed me to purchase APs for them as well. I also already had 2 trips booked so that may have been the deciding factor as well.

But nevertheless, Disney did allow me to purchase entirely brand new APs for 2 people who did not have them before.
I also bought two new APs today through the “exemption”. They expire in 2030 so there’s that.

Yes, but I did not have APs for my 2 kids and they allowed me to purchase APs for them as well. I also already had 2 trips booked so that may have been the deciding factor as well.

But nevertheless, Disney did allow me to purchase entirely brand new APs for 2 people who did not have them before.
Ding!

I was looking for confirmation this was possible. I have one AP (bought pre-covid, not activated) and I want to purchase brand new APs for the rest of my family for an upcoming trip in January (so we can have more value in our tickets if we go again later in the year).

I guess I will give them a call sometime before January if I still want to pull the trigger on that.

I assume the same price they've been all year?

That sounds BS to me. They’re probably extrapolating that based on what Tokyo Disney just did, but I can’t see WDW do that ever.

yeha, I have seen some people speculating that b/c Tokyo Disneyland is temproraily doing it that maybe WDW might consider it - which leads to some peopel taking it as "WDW is getting ride of annual passes forever!!!!" like a game of telephone

I would be rather surprisde. If anything I could see that something done temporarily at Disneyland if/when that reopens just due to how many passholders there are and I assume would have same issues that were happening at Tokyo Disneyland - but even then I don't think it would be permanent

Ding!

I was looking for confirmation this was possible. I have one AP (bought pre-covid, not activated) and I want to purchase brand new APs for the rest of my family for an upcoming trip in January (so we can have more value in our tickets if we go again later in the year).

I guess I will give them a call sometime before January if I still want to pull the trigger on that.

I assume the same price they've been all year?
Can’t hurt to call, but since you’re not actually buying one of the APs they’re offering right now, they may not let you purchase only new ones. Since you didn’t have one cancel or expire during the closure, you don’t exactly qualify for this offer.
To answer the other question, yes APs are the same price they have been. No increase yet.

So... just to clarify the rumor is we are losing 2 nighttime spectaculars one is almost certainly Rivers of Light... the other is... my money is on one of the two in the studios... I have never been a fan of Fantasmic but I could see that coming back later on after a major refurb... It would be a shame to lose the Star Wars Fireworks but with the expansion of that park it doesn't quite make sense. I could see Fanstasmic coming back later than EP and MK shows and SW getting kicked to the curb... as long as those AWFUL Christmas Fireworks at the studios are gone too, I was completely underwhelmed by those.

So... just to clarify the rumor is we are losing 2 nighttime spectaculars one is almost certainly Rivers of Light... the other is... my money is on one of the two in the studios... I have never been a fan of Fantasmic but I could see that coming back later on after a major refurb... It would be a shame to lose the Star Wars Fireworks but with the expansion of that park it doesn't quite make sense. I could see Fanstasmic coming back later than EP and MK shows and SW getting kicked to the curb... as long as those AWFUL Christmas Fireworks at the studios are gone too, I was completely underwhelmed by those.

I took it as we are losing 2 nightime "spectaculars" and it isnt' clear if Rivers of Light is one of those or if that was already considered gone and this is 2 more beyond that one - so not clear if 2 or 3 total

Magic Feather said:
A kind of hasty, kind of temporary thing may be coming to fill MILF or Stitch for the 50th. I'm trying to get more details, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
This one is interesting. I’d imagine it’d be something cheaper like a revival...

I have a hard time believing that Fantasmic would get the axe. Without a clear replacement you’ll have a huge area of wasted space. Also with the current financial environment I can’t see them bulldozing the arena for another purpose.

I have a hard time believing that Fantasmic would get the axe. Without a clear replacement you’ll have a huge area of wasted space. Also with the current financial environment I can’t see them bulldozing the arena for another purpose.
They aren’t going to bulldoze RoL either. I think this is just a long term closure of whatever the other option is until things are much better off.

They aren’t going to bulldoze RoL either. I think this is just a long term closure of whatever the other option is until things are much better off.

Yeah, and not like Disney has never left something empty for a while (Stitch has been pretty empty for a while now, for example) and the Fantasmic! theater is pretty out of the way so won't really impact what the average guests sees/experiences during their day there

Don't forget, per Martin over at WDWMagic.com - Fantasmic was the target area for Tron in DHS until they decided to put it where it is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!