The Running Thread - 2016

QOTD: What is your monthly mileage for December and for 2016?

December:
Distance: 120.19 miles - My longest by almost 40 miles.
Average Pace: ~11:33

Year to date: 488.02 miles

I started running in May, and missed all of October and a bit of November with shin splints. Today was my last long run (10 miles) before SWLS half in two weeks. I'm very happy with the progress that I've made, but I recognize that I still have a tremendous amount to learn.

QOTD: What are you most proud of doing running wise in 2016?

Starting and not quitting! I honestly still can't believe I'm a runner. Can't wait to kick this hip injury and get back to it. Just two more days!

QOTD: Since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I usually do not get the chance to post on the weekends, todays question can be answered now or tomorrow. This will also be the last QOTD for the year, so its a fitting question. What is your monthly mileage for December and for 2016?

My December training tanked after my hip injury, but I'm proud to have run just shy of 300 miles in my first 10 months of my running career!

I ran my 4 mile resolution run race this afternoon (it was at 3:30pm, which was weird for me). Official time was 38:56. I am pleased with this time for as hilly as the course was and for stopping for a selfie with a coworker.

I'll have to report back later with my December & yearly totals - don't have those resources right now, but I do know my Disney miles: 28.2 (marathon and a shake out run). Happy New Year everyone!

Heading out now for 12-16 (needed it to warm up an ounce).

December (before today): 204.23
YTD 2016: 1896.36 --I went 2 months with basically no running while injured, so I am satisfied with that.

Disney miles: none this year. I usually get up early and run before we hit the parks (anywhere between 5-8 miles). Many times it is dependent on where we are staying. I like running the Boardwalk/Hollywood Studios area, but love running over at Wilderness Lodge and campgrounds.

Managed to crank out 16 plus a mile cool down, bringing December to 221+ and 1913+ for the year. Happy New Year everyone!

QOTD: Since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I usually do not get the chance to post on the weekends, todays question can be answered now or tomorrow. This will also be the last QOTD for the year, so its a fitting question. What is your monthly mileage for December and for 2016?

ATTQOTD:
I set a goal of 1800; this was 300 more than last year. I know it would be tough but I thought I could reach the milage. Unfortunately, I missed it by 46 miles... Still a pretty big improvement on last year.

December Total: 176
2016 Total: 1754

QOTD Spinoff - Whats you're 2016 mileage while at Disney (on or off grounds, DCL, Castaway Cay, etc.

ATTQOTD Spinoff:
My Disney mile totals: 76.8
Dopey in January = 48.3
April Trip = 28.5

Happy New Year to all!!!!

It would take too much math for me to know how many miles I put in this year. I recorded most on my fitbit but some were done on runkeeper starting halfway through the year. I don't do the mathz.

Last night I told my husband that my goal for 2018 is to do the two half marathons at Disney and get the coast to coast medal. He is usually really supportive but this time he said "why don't you just do one and then decide if you want to do the second one. You keep telling me we can't get our money back!"

ATTQOTD:
December miles: 36 (plus 7 group fitness classes that were a lot of fun!)
2016: I didn't keep a running total. Something I will definitely amend in 2017
Disney miles: 13.1 for my first Disney race!

Unfortunately my 2017 rD prospects have changed. I was looking forward to running my first disney challenge in 2017 with Disneyland half and 10K. Well my running partner (SIL) is flaking out now because she doesn't want to train during the summer (she lives in Vegas). So my first disney challenge has been postponed to Tinkerbell 2018 :guilty: Hopefully I'll find some local races to keep me busy and motivated until then (and at least one or two Disney trips!). It sure seems like forever away!!

Hello friends! I have been MIA for a couple of months. I got sick following a race in October and then between on-and-off illness, holidays, and my daughters' birthday, I was probably lucky to log ten miles a week. VERY MUCH looking forward to getting back to it.

Hope all is well. I am not sure I will ever catch up, but am happy to jump back in!

Editing to add last year's stats:

2016 Miles: 552
Elevation Gain: 14,551 feet
Average Pace: 13:38

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter