The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD:

EPCOT - Frozen. Not worth it for the long lines. Very obvious it was a quick strip and redo of Maelstrom.

MK - Speedway - that smell!

AK - That roller coaster in the Carnival section of Dinosaur land. It hurts my chest with the bumps!

HS - The amount of construction!

I am not a fan of It's Tough to be a Bug... the 3D effects are not quite right to me so it gives me a bit of a headache or just throws me off for a bit. Plus I am not a fan of being poked in the rear end by "bugs", but I had learned when that happened so I hover during those parts! The last few trips I have gladly skipped it, and before that it was a time filler at AK for the family but definitely skipped if needed.

My 11 year old hates that one. We went into Shrek at Universal this trip, and when heard it was a 4d movie, he was trying to hover over the seat the whole show since he did not want to be poked again!

ATTQOTD: I am not a fan of Dinosaur at all. Love the Indy ride at Disneyland, but Dinosaur is just a rough poor imitation and not scary at all.

Stitch although its currently closed since it is only seasonal. I'd like to see Monsters Inc Laugh Floor change or leave. Its nice once or twice but the show hasn't changed ever and the jokes don't change so it gets boring pretty quickly.
I would agree on Monsters Inc until this trip. My mom was chosen for the mind reading section. She had never been, it became beyond hilarious.

Fun Friday QOTD: What do you think is the worse attraction / show that is currently open at WDW?

ATTQOTD: I know this attraction has a big following, but I really dislike it... Figment! I'll throw in a honorable mention to Country Bear Jamboree.

Gasp, how could you not like Figment. I know it's a love hate relationship with him. We happen to love him. Actually went as Figment for my Marathon run costume.

My Family can not stand Carousel of Progress. We have yet to ride and not get stuck inside hearing "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" over and over and over. We now threaten the kids with it anytime they start to get out of line. It's straighten up or we are going on Carousel of Progress even if I have to park hop to get there. It's an instant fix.

Stitch although its currently closed since it is only seasonal. I'd like to see Monsters Inc Laugh Floor change or leave. Its nice once or twice but the show hasn't changed ever and the jokes don't change so it gets boring pretty quickly.

I thought it was closing permanently now and the seasonal tag was removed.... I think I even saw a final ride type video on YouTube this week.

I am not a fan of It's Tough to be a Bug... the 3D effects are not quite right to me so it gives me a bit of a headache or just throws me off for a bit. Plus I am not a fan of being poked in the rear end by "bugs", but I had learned when that happened so I hover during those parts! The last few trips I have gladly skipped it, and before that it was a time filler at AK for the family but definitely skipped if needed.

I havent been on this attraction since ~2009. DD was only 3 our last trip and I am certain she would not have reacted well to it and she did not really care for the movie its based off of either. I have a feeling by the time the kids are old enough to not make a scene about it scaring them, it will probably be a new attraction.

Gasp, how could you not like Figment. I know it's a love hate relationship with him. We happen to love him. Actually went as Figment for my Marathon run costume.

My Family can not stand Carousel of Progress. We have yet to ride and not get stuck inside hearing "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" over and over and over. We now threaten the kids with it anytime they start to get out of line. It's straighten up or we are going on Carousel of Progress even if I have to park hop to get there. It's an instant fix.

Whoa Whoa now! COP is the greatest attraction of all times! I realize I am part of a small few who think that, but it is great! I LOVE the COP. I recently purchased a COP T-shirt and watch BigFatPanda's YouTube video of it multiple time a week. So much history in that ride. As in actual history and then Disney history. It's the one ride I told DW that I would drop everything and take a solo trip to WDW for 1 day if it was closing suddenly. BTW her choice of that scenario is the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This would be a good fun Friday Qotd for next week...

Fun Friday QOTD: What do you think is the worse attraction / show that is currently open at WDW?

ATTQOTD: I know this attraction has a big following, but I really dislike it... Figment! I'll throw in a honorable mention to Country Bear Jamboree.

I dislike lots of rides, but can justify all but one. Figment: terrifies my kids but at least the line is usually short and I can sit down. Country Bear Jamboree: AIR CONDITIONING and seats and my kids are too little to understand that I find it offensive. Stitch- my kids like potty humor and I can sit down and mobile order for Cosmic Ray's. But I cannot excuse the Tomorrowland Speedway. I have been tempted to bring a decibel meter as it is far too loud for me to be comfortable with my kids ears, and I do not understand why I have never seen staff with hearing protection. Are these things beyond leaded gasoline? Clearly they have no catalytic converters, but can we retrofit them for particulate matter filters? My kids think they were fun, but we have a better time with model Ts on a metal track that can't bump into one another and do not jerk heads backward on stop/start. And I think the existence of this ride is such a lost opportunity. Put the ride somewhere else, it has nothing to do with 'tomorrowland' itself. It is not futuristic at all in its current state. Make them EVs or autonomous voice command vehicles and put them in Epcot if you need a track based ride that the elementary age kids can feel empowered to operate. [Although I freely admit there may be a conflict with the Chevy sponsorship elsewhere in the park] or theme them to Cars (so my kids don't whine that Cruz is the only car at HS and my husband insist we probably need to skip WDW for DCA solely due to Cars Land)and let them race them around. And really, doesn't Guardians fit better in the tomorrowland theme than in the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow?

Whoa Whoa now! COP is the greatest attraction of all times! I realize I am part of a small few who think that, but it is great! I LOVE the COP.
I am with you, and while I might not rank it as the greatest attraction of all time, it is actually one of our families favorites to go on and a must do each trip! We love it, maybe it is nostalgia or something but we all really do enjoy it. I do find myself singing "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow" randomly, no shame here! Plus it is a go to ride for when I just need a break and get off my feet, with little to no wait time to accomplish that. The Peoplemover is also a go to for that, I rode it 3 times on Sunday! hahaha

ATTQOTD: I'm not a fan of the Three Caballeros in the Mexico pavilion. It's definitely a good way to cool off, sit down, short wait, etc., but the actual attraction has seemed more of like a slideshow than unique attraction to me.

ATTQOTD: Having only been to WDW once, I feel like I focused our time on making sure we rode and did only the best things. But next time I go back, unless I have a park hopper (which I don't usually do), and only to ride EE, I am skipping Animal Kingdom. Like forever. I don't like anything about that park except the wall art and EE.

I am with you, and while I might not rank it as the greatest attraction of all time, it is actually one of our families favorites to go on and a must do each trip! We love it, maybe it is nostalgia or something but we all really do enjoy it. I do find myself singing "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow" randomly, no shame here! Plus it is a go to ride for when I just need a break and get off my feet, with little to no wait time to accomplish that. The Peoplemover is also a go to for that, I rode it 3 times on Sunday! hahaha

LOL, I also have a people mover shirt lololol. Love it as well, found memories of being on that ride with my dad as a kid. It's relaxing and a great way to people watch. DD does not like the dark parts, like going into Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!