The Running Thread - 2018

Am I the only one here that will defend Country Bears? I love that show! If anyone fights me on this one there's gonna be some blood on the saddle...

I appreciate where the idea came from and the Disney history behind, but like people fall asleep in COP, I slept during the bears and it wasn't on purpose.

ATTQOTD: I can't believe nobody has said Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse yet! I honestly forget it exists, it is so sad and lame. And it creates a bottleneck right through Dole Whip Highway, so it really should just get out of the way.

ATTQOTD: Hmmm... while I am not fond of Figment, I cannot stand It's A Small World so I'll have to go with that. i refuse to ride it any more. I can never get the song (or the joking re-write my friend and I did of it) out of my head.

ATTQOTD: Figment. It’s very weird and not in a good way. I think the ride is creepy. These two make the list just for the gross factor - Buzz & TSMM. They are icky because of all the dirty nasty hands that touch the guns. If it wasn’t for my daughter I’d never go on them. We go straight to the bathroom and wash our hands after the ride.

I'm going to defend CoP and Country Bears. Along with Hall of Presidents, they are the only attractions unique to Walt Disney World that Walt Disney personally worked on. That makes them historic. While there are many WDW attractions that Walt worked on, only those 3 are only found exclusively in Walt Disney World.

ATTQOTD: I would put Pirates of the Caribbean under a major overhaul. As in shut the whole thing down and do it right. There are multiple sight gags in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and a sight gag in The Princess and the Frog that anyone who has only experienced the WDW "version" of the ride would not understand is a reference to Pirates because these scenes are not in the 5 minute WDW version, but are found in the 15 minute long Disneyland version.

Am I the only one here that will defend Country Bears? I love that show! If anyone fights me on this one there's gonna be some blood on the saddle...

I'm with you. I have fond memories of CBJ from visits with my family, not long after DW opened.

Although I will add that if you don't have the nostalgia angle, it might not be so great.

ATTQOTD: I can't believe nobody has said Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse yet! I honestly forget it exists, it is so sad and lame. And it creates a bottleneck right through Dole Whip Highway, so it really should just get out of the way.

Totally forgot about that. Definitely a waste of space and can go.

So, I am kinda thinking about running (walk/run) my half on Sunday. The problem is the race starts at 7 and I have to make FP+ for a friend at 6. How bad would it be to do make 4-5 days worth of FP on a phone starting at 6? Other suggestions?

Totally doable. I actually normally always do mine on my phone because I just find it easier to navigate because I am used to it. Good luck!

Fun Friday QOTD: What do you think is the worse attraction / show that is currently open at WDW?

It hurts to hear everyone hating on Figment :worried: but that's probably because the original was so awesome and I loved it SO much, and I kindasorta agree that they ruined it.

Also Primeval Whirl nearly wrecked my back and I hate it. Also...ever since they added all the "movie" bits to Pirates (Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, etc.), it ruined the ride for me. It just doesn't feel right at all.

@LSUlakes making FP on the phone shouldn't be too much trouble; I was in the same boat as you 1.5 years ago (FP date was at the start of a race!) and managed to get everything I wanted on the app. Not sure if anything has changed since then, but if you have your plan in place and know what you're going for and how, it shouldn't be an issue.

Awww, we watched Swiss Family a few months ago and DD begged to do it today! It’s not a must do, but there’s some nostalgia there for me.

We never, ever do Mission Space. And do not miss it. The older I get the more trouble I have with spinning rides - and I do not want to risk a migraine or vertigo ruining a trip!

I once joked to my friend on her WDW marathon day that she should go on Swiss family treehouse afterwards. She didn't get the joke and later told me she went on it!!!! Oops. She doesn't recommend doing that.

I got first place in my age today at a frosty 5k! I'll link to my recap once I have one made.

Finished my Trip Report if anyone is interested!

2018 Dopey Challenge Trip Report, Race Recaps, and a Coaching Recap

You'll have to read to find out where I finished in the overall placement of Dopey Challenge runners as well as my placement amongst Perfectly Dopey runners!

@LSUlakes

My finishing times from this past weekend!

5k - 20:06
10k - 39:54
HM - 1:30:35
M - 3:15:59

I was able to snag a PR on the 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon. I missed the Marathon PR by less than 2 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter