The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I don't have one song but rather listen to rap / hip hop to pump me up. I'm loving Lil Wayne's new album right now and have "Uproar" on repeat.

YOU KNOW WHERE LIL WAYNE IS FROM DONT YOU?!?!?!?!

My first is “Bring Em Out” by T.I. I cheered at a small, private school in Virginia and they played this song when the players ran out, so whenever I hear it I think of standing in the end zone and then doing a tumbling pass down the field. I really dislike a lot of things about that school, but thinking about the energy and adrenaline I had during that song gets me pumped.

I LOVE that song!

Um yes. No changing my mind there.

Le sigh.

ATTQOTD:
Not running-specific, but this is my general life hype song:

(I like the Jay-Z/Kayne original too, but this cover is next level)

Canada is also home to my Western Mustangs, reigning Canadian champions. 31 time winners of the Yates Cup, oldest football trophy in North America, along with 7 Vanier Cup titles. Canadian football is very progressive, we have had a university (sorry...college) playoff structure in place since 1965. But then there is that whole 3 downs thing...

Western-Mustangs-Vanier-53-400x300.jpg
Canada is also home to my Western Mustangs, reigning Canadian champions. 31 time winners of the Yates Cup, oldest football trophy in North America, along with 7 Vanier Cup titles. Canadian football is very progressive, we have had a university (sorry...college) playoff structure in place since 1965. But then there is that whole 3 downs thing...

Western-Mustangs-Vanier-53-400x300.jpg

As an alumnus of Queen's University, I have a duty to blindly object to anything related to the Western Mustangs.

Cha Gheill!

What's wrong with Eminem?
Fun story, back when I was in high school, probably a freshman, MTV had that show FANATIC. Well, I LOVED Eminem. Like knew every word, posters on the wall, knew everything about him, etc. So I wanted to try to meet him on Fanatic. You had to make a video tape of you talking about why you should be chosen to meet him. I never sent that tape in and lord knows where it is but from my recollection it was REALLY hilarious and I wish I could find it. It was a lot of talking with my hands.
giphy.gif

ATTQOTD: I don't have any specific hype songs for pre-race, but I do have a playlist that is for races only really. It's 2 hours and 55 minutes of stuff and I just throw it on shuffle. I use a seeded Apple Music station or podcasts for just regular training, but I don't always know what the signal is going to be like at a race. I coincidentally JUST posted this somewhere else this morning where someone was asking what was in your (dog) agility warmup playlists because I have been too lazy to make one specific to that and I just use my running one.

I guess only one title is too salty for DIS, although a lot of the song contents probably are. ;) Also, fun fact: If you decide that your Apple Music station that got seeded with a David Guetta song before (Turn Me On) has gotten off track and you want to start a new one and you decide to seed it with another David Guetta song... if you seed it with "Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta)" you are NOT going to get more in the EDM realm. :eek: I was out for a 1 hour run and didn't want to stop and fix it, so I just left it on, but it got weighted heavily to Snoop Dogg and I ended up listening to an hour of hardcore rap. I think I heard the N word more times in that one hour than my entire life previously.

Animals - Martin Garrix
Sexy B___ (feat. Akon) - David Guetta
Turn Me On (feat. Nicki Minaj) - David Guetta
Lights (Bassnectar Remix) - Ellie Goulding
My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy
Titanium (feat. Sia) - David Guetta
The Monster (feat. Rihanna) - Eminem
Burn - Ellie Goulding
Slow Down - Selena Gomez
Stronger - Kanye West
Shup Up and Dance - WALK THE MOON
Immortals - Fall Out Boy
Hey Mama (feat. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack) - David Guetta
Low (feat. T-Pain) - Flo Rida
Levels - Avicii
Lethal Industry (3Bird Remix) - Tiesto
Turn Down for What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
DJ Turn It Up - Yellow Claw
Take Over Control - Afrojack
GDFR (feat. Sage the Gemini & Lookas) - Flo Rida
Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff - deadmau5
Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta) - Snoop Dogg & David Guetta
Animal Rights - deadmau5 & Wolfgang Gartner
Little Bad Girl (feat. Taio Cruz & Ludacris) - David Guetta
Adagio for Strings - Tiesto
Illmerica - Wolfgang Gartner
Rocket Science - Marc Benjamin
Revolution (Instrumental Mix) - R3HAB, NERVO & Ummet Ozcan
Lunar - David Guetta & Afrojack
Starships - Nicki Minaj
Tsunami - DVBBS & Borgeous
Stampede - Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, DVBBS & Borgeous
Immortal (We Live Forever) - DVBBS & Tony Junior
We Were Young - DVBBS
I Love It - Cheat Codes & DVBBS
Gold Skies (feat. Aleesia) - Sander va Doorn, Martin Garrix & DVBBS
Not Going Home (feat. Gia Koka) - DVBBS & CMC$
Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo
Wiggle (feat. Snoop Dogg) - Jason Derulo
Timber (feat. Ke$ha) - Pitbull
Fireball (feat. John Ryan) - Pitbull
Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons

Fun story, back when I was in high school, probably a freshman, MTV had that show FANATIC. Well, I LOVED Eminem. Like knew every word, posters on the wall, knew everything about him, etc. So I wanted to try to meet him on Fanatic. You had to make a video tape of you talking about why you should be chosen to meet him. I never sent that tape in and lord knows where it is but from my recollection it was REALLY hilarious and I wish I could find it. It was a lot of talking with my hands.
giphy.gif
Maybe you can try and re-create it?

Also been known to get pretty hype to the Fantasmic music #disgeek

So I listen to spotify for myself, but I also play kids music for my daughter. So when I listen to any kind of "reccommended for you" or "daily mix" playlists it's a healthy dose of pump me up running music with the random my little pony or barbie soundtrack song thrown in. It's pretty dang hilarious and jarring to have one of those pop up in my ears. TBH though some of those Barbie songs are BANGERS!

ATTQOTD: This question is very timely. I just made a huge new playlist. I will listen to many different things, Keisha, Timberlake,Avicii, Flo rida, Pitbull, Jay-Z, Eminem, Imagine Dragons, Springsteen, Billy Joel, MJ, Prince - yeah all over the map. Variety is the spice of life

You coming down for the game? We can meet up at my tailgate for a morning run, planned 20 miler (fingers crossed). I'm going to cook that day, and its either fried turkey or pig roast. My bday is the 5th, so we I celebrate for the bama game every year. It hasn't been a happy birthday in a long time. Last time we won at home, we were so pumped, even my dad came to the college bar post game lol. You and your people are welcome to tailgate. BYOB, we will have the food.

Thanks for the invite! I would love nothing more to be there, but DW is helping her best friend in Knoxville that weekend throw a surprise 50th wedding anniversary for her parents, so I'll unfortunately be up there that weekend...

While I fully hope that we win the game (and quite honestly, Bama usually plays better against LSU in BR than in Tuscaloosa - cueing Shaun Alexander), but if we don't win the SEC, then my second choice would be for LSU to do it... Speaking of the SEC, here's some fun...

Also been known to get pretty hype to the Fantasmic music #disgeek

So I listen to spotify for myself, but I also play kids music for my daughter. So when I listen to any kind of "reccommended for you" or "daily mix" playlists it's a healthy dose of pump me up running music with the random my little pony or barbie soundtrack song thrown in. It's pretty dang hilarious and jarring to have one of those pop up in my ears. TBH though some of those Barbie songs are BANGERS!

Sounds like my suggested list on Netflix. Even though the kids have their own profile, they watch stuff on mine so it’s a well rounded mix of comedies, sappy girly stuff, and Word Party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter