The Running Thread - 2018

The fact that the cheating Astros lost four in a row, including three at home, to get eliminated makes me very, very, very, very happy.

Not a big MLB guy, but I dont mind either team, especially with the Astros 3rd baseman being a LSU legend. Why are they called cheaters?

Thanks for the invite! I would love nothing more to be there, but DW is helping her best friend in Knoxville that weekend throw a surprise 50th wedding anniversary for her parents, so I'll unfortunately be up there that weekend...

While I fully hope that we win the game (and quite honestly, Bama usually plays better against LSU in BR than in Tuscaloosa - cueing Shaun Alexander), but if we don't win the SEC, then my second choice would be for LSU to do it... Speaking of the SEC, here's some fun...

Watched that clip the other day and got a good laugh out of it. I also like watching the guy that does the "How Bama fans watched week XXX". His reactions to the game a funny, well except when its LSU / Bama week, then it makes me sad.

Sounds like my suggested list on Netflix. Even though the kids have their own profile, they watch stuff on mine so it’s a well rounded mix of comedies, sappy girly stuff, and Word Party.

I recently had to make my own separate netflix profile because I lost all ability to see any movies or shows that didn't involve cartoon characters!

Being in New England, when this started coming up a few days ago, I saw a lot of "they'll find a way to blame this on Tom Brady and the Patriots" in my FB feed. :D

Its not so much that it's the Patriots' fault, it's more that you guys are so easily able to identify cheating because you're used to the Pats doing it :teeth:

Last edited:
As long as the Redsox beat the dodgers I will be happy. :)

ATTQOTD: I guess I am in the minority in that I listen to country when I do listen to music when I run. But I don't have anything I play beforehand to pump me up. I guess 5150 by Dierks Bentley and It Ain't my Fault by Brothers Osborne would be my picks to pick up my pace though. :)

Fun Friday QOTD: Keeping with music and running theme to end the week here, what song gets you "pumped" up before a race or just a normal run?
Okay since this is "pump up" music and not just running music I will go with the slow burn 80's classic 'In the Air Tonight' by Phil Collins and none of you better judge me >:(

As an alumnus of Queen's University, I have a duty to blindly object to anything related to the Western Mustangs.
Fair enough. FWIW Kingston is a great city and every time I go there I wonder why London can't be more like Kingston.

A bunch of former Detroit Tigers on that team! :sad1:
Sad. How did our Tigers not win a World Series in the Dombrowski era? And how in the world did the Tigers roll out Max Scherzer, David Price and Justin Verlander yet still get swept my the Baltimore Orioles??? I hate Brad Ausmus.

ATTQOTD: No race music, and running music is really saved for the last mile of a run at lunch at work (because closed track and that part is so canted I hate it and need a boost) or treadmill. So, just before going back into the office I lean toward Cubicle by Rinocerose (yes, from an old apple commercial), Elvis Costello's welcome to the working week, or I Need a Dollar by Aloe Blacc. These are also the songs I play driving to work. If I am really dragging on the treadmill I default to the Pixies (makes me happy, poor BPM choice) or Fleetwood Mac (skip tracks 6, 8, 10 on Rumors) and always Spoon's The Underdog.

So I listen to spotify for myself, but I also play kids music for my daughter. So when I listen to any kind of "reccommended for you" or "daily mix" playlists it's a healthy dose of pump me up running music with the random my little pony or barbie soundtrack song thrown in. It's pretty dang hilarious and jarring to have one of those pop up in my ears. TBH though some of those Barbie songs are BANGERS!
You tube scrolls up all the Lion Guard songs. All of them. Which is why I will be at the Disney Jr. Dance party and know all the words this christmas.

Good luck weekend racers!

I never listen to music, so I don’t have an answer for the qOTD.

Oh, and: “We are....Penn State!”

(And for good measure - go Sox...and Pats!)

When I am not getting charged up by Captain and Tennille, Poco, Little River Band, Rupert Holmes, or the Carpenters, I like:

1. Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
2. Paint it Black - Rolling Stones

I also like angry U2 (New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday etc.) I don't much care for rap, but when rap is on the agenda it had better be angry. And have whistles. There is no better rap than angry rap with a dude blowing a whistle.

ATTQOTD: I don’t really listen to pump me up music before a run. I just turn it on and go. My Spotify playlist is crazy though when it comes to genres. I have Christian, country, Latin, 80’s, hairband, pop, rap, metal, Disney, Broadway.....the only music I can’t get into is classical and jazz.

As long as the Redsox beat the dodgers I will be happy. :)

ATTQOTD: I guess I am in the minority in that I listen to country when I do listen to music when I run. But I don't have anything I play beforehand to pump me up. I guess 5150 by Dierks Bentley and It Ain't my Fault by Brothers Osborne would be my picks to pick up my pace though. :)
Um you're assuming the Dodgers are going to the WS...

After all the music talk this week, I decided to listen to my running (racing) playlist during part of my long run today and found myself skipping songs. Time for an update I suppose.

So ATTQOTD - songs I did NOT skip today: “Take on Me” (a-ha), “Get UR Freak On” (Missy Elliott), and “LA Devotee” (Panic! At the Disco). :rockband:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter