The Running Thread - 2018

All this time I thought you were a Van Halen fan! :eek:

Haha, I had to google what you were talking about! And I didn't even think about my screen name - I just like the song. My screen name is actually from an aol account I have had since aol was created (showing my age!). I was a California Highway Patrol Dispatcher (Dis) and, like Van Halen, 5150 was from the Health / Welfare Code of California. Seriously answered a lot of calls from people who fit the code. :)

ATTQOTD:

The Cougar Song (BYU fight song)

Star Wars Main Title

The Imperial March

Superman Main Theme

Citius, Altius, Fortius by the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly Mormon Tabernacle Choir). The translation is Higher, Faster, Stronger although not necessarily in that order and was composed by John Williams for the 2002 Winter Olympics.

In an odd intersection of the running playlist and podcast discussions:

An episode of the Every Little Thing podcast centered around network news theme songs, and talking about an interviewee's use of them as a marathon soundtrack. (Content warning: includes clips of some rather depressing news stories.)

As in, starting with ABC World News Tonight's theme by Hans Zimmer; the NBC Nightly News theme by John Williams is about halfway in...you get the idea.

I was actually reminded of the music that was playing in Epcot during the WDW 10k - I checked some of it with SoundHound and it was from scores from NFL Films, done by David Robidoux.

ATTQOTD:
For some reason, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears gets me going.

Otherwise, I seem to prefer instrumental stuff. The soundtrack to NCAA Football (RIP) is pretty good, too. I wish someone would put together a 30 minute exploration of the themes from Soarin'!

I am looking to program a playlist for Wine and Dine, if I have time, including some warm up music. Maybe Copland's 'Fanfare for the Common Man' or Hotie's 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity'. If I program it right, I can gauge how I'm doing by the music rather than looking at my watch!

Fun Friday QOTD: Keeping with music and running theme to end the week here, what song gets you "pumped" up before a race or just a normal run?
Muse has some epic rock songs that always make me want to run (in a good way). Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia.

Someone mentioned Pink Floyd. My original Wine & Dine playlist began with Dark Side (in its entirety) for the long dark road from WWS to DAK. It was something I could get lost in as I found my pace. I remember how magical it was to run through DAK at night with everything all lit up! I really miss W&D as a night race. I was hoping it would move back to nights for the 10th. But, I digress...

ATTQOTD: I don't have any specific hype songs for pre-race, but I do have a playlist that is for races only really. It's 2 hours and 55 minutes of stuff and I just throw it on shuffle. I use a seeded Apple Music station or podcasts for just regular training, but I don't always know what the signal is going to be like at a race. I coincidentally JUST posted this somewhere else this morning where someone was asking what was in your (dog) agility warmup playlists because I have been too lazy to make one specific to that and I just use my running one.

I guess only one title is too salty for DIS, although a lot of the song contents probably are. ;) Also, fun fact: If you decide that your Apple Music station that got seeded with a David Guetta song before (Turn Me On) has gotten off track and you want to start a new one and you decide to seed it with another David Guetta song... if you seed it with "Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta)" you are NOT going to get more in the EDM realm. :eek: I was out for a 1 hour run and didn't want to stop and fix it, so I just left it on, but it got weighted heavily to Snoop Dogg and I ended up listening to an hour of hardcore rap. I think I heard the N word more times in that one hour than my entire life previously.

Animals - Martin Garrix
Sexy B___ (feat. Akon) - David Guetta
Turn Me On (feat. Nicki Minaj) - David Guetta
Lights (Bassnectar Remix) - Ellie Goulding
My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy
Titanium (feat. Sia) - David Guetta
The Monster (feat. Rihanna) - Eminem
Burn - Ellie Goulding
Slow Down - Selena Gomez
Stronger - Kanye West
Shup Up and Dance - WALK THE MOON
Immortals - Fall Out Boy
Hey Mama (feat. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack) - David Guetta
Low (feat. T-Pain) - Flo Rida
Levels - Avicii
Lethal Industry (3Bird Remix) - Tiesto
Turn Down for What - DJ Snake & Lil Jon
DJ Turn It Up - Yellow Claw
Take Over Control - Afrojack
GDFR (feat. Sage the Gemini & Lookas) - Flo Rida
Moar Ghosts 'n' Stuff - deadmau5
Sweat (Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta) - Snoop Dogg & David Guetta
Animal Rights - deadmau5 & Wolfgang Gartner
Little Bad Girl (feat. Taio Cruz & Ludacris) - David Guetta
Adagio for Strings - Tiesto
Illmerica - Wolfgang Gartner
Rocket Science - Marc Benjamin
Revolution (Instrumental Mix) - R3HAB, NERVO & Ummet Ozcan
Lunar - David Guetta & Afrojack
Starships - Nicki Minaj
Tsunami - DVBBS & Borgeous
Stampede - Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, DVBBS & Borgeous
Immortal (We Live Forever) - DVBBS & Tony Junior
We Were Young - DVBBS
I Love It - Cheat Codes & DVBBS
Gold Skies (feat. Aleesia) - Sander va Doorn, Martin Garrix & DVBBS
Not Going Home (feat. Gia Koka) - DVBBS & CMC$
Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) - Jason Derulo
Wiggle (feat. Snoop Dogg) - Jason Derulo
Timber (feat. Ke$ha) - Pitbull
Fireball (feat. John Ryan) - Pitbull
Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons

Been looking for some new music...This is a playlist I am going to steal!:teleport:

I was actually reminded of the music that was playing in Epcot during the WDW 10k - I checked some of it with SoundHound and it was from scores from NFL Films, done by David Robidoux.
This excites me if only because I love NFL Films music in general. As in I even bought a CD of NFL Films music.

You know what song doesn't get me pumped up?

Eye of the Tiger. Nah. Nope. No thanks.

So during a training run a month or two ago, I was just stepping into a pit stop at a port-a-potty when this song starts from my playlist. I wasn't sure if the "thrill of the fight" was a good or bad sign of what was going to happen during the pit stop. :)

Fun Friday QOTD: Keeping with music and running theme to end the week here, what song gets you "pumped" up before a race or just a normal run?

ATTQOTD: "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. The full, 6-minute version so you get to sing the whole thing through twice. I'm not really a disco fan, but this song is awesome. This is a song that I wish I could have a magic button on my phone to say "go to this song" whenever I press it.

ATTQOTD: "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. The full, 6-minute version so you get to sing the whole thing through twice. I'm not really a disco fan, but this song is awesome. This is a song that I wish I could have a magic button on my phone to say "go to this song" whenever I press it.

My old iPod Nano used to have that magic button through Nike+!

Someone mentioned Pink Floyd. My original Wine & Dine playlist began with Dark Side (in its entirety) for the long dark road from WWS to DAK. It was something I could get lost in as I found my pace. I remember how magical it was to run through DAK at night with everything all lit up! I really miss W&D as a night race. I was hoping it would move back to nights for the 10th. But, I digress...
Love this...just reading that gave me chills.

Loving the music answers!
ATTQOTD: You know Springsteen is on the top of this list with "Rosalita" and "Born to Run".
But I have a wide range of pump up favorites outside of the Boss...
"We Built This City," Starship
"The Way You Make Me Feel," Michael Jackson
"Hey Girl," O.A.R.
And to go to the other side of the pendulum completely..."Drop it like it's Hot," Snoop Dog

At the end of one race, I used the voice control on my phone for that. "Play 'Gonna Fly Now'."

(For those unfamiliar with it:
)

Ran a couple of nice easy short runs this week after my first M last weekend. I felt fine today but my heart rate was about 20 bpm faster than usual during almost all the run. I ran 4 at easy LR pace today and my HR actually dropped during the final fourth mile, but still higher than usual. Have any of you experienced this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!