The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: honestly, i'm pretty much ready to handle whatever surface a given run/race throws at me. i've had issues with concrete and extended distance training but that's an outlier. what i will advocate is occasional trail runs. i was having a number of knee issues a few years back and a fellow runner suggested trail running as a possible solution. the logic being, you are forced to use almost all the muscles in your lower leg due to the irregular running surface (and, hoo boy, i can tell you by how sore everything was from my calves down, that's the truth). this means better support for your knee and, possibly, less problems from the joint. it worked for me and i found a good trail run twice a month was a really good variety to my running regimen.

Another fan of asphalt or packed dirt. I dislike any surface where every step sees the foot slip, wasting energy.

My race coming up this weekend is 33km along the Auckland coastline so will be a mixture of sandy beaches and rocky coast...

ATTQOTD: I prefer asphalt or packed dirt. Do not enjoy running on mulch and gravel. I did a local half marathon back in a November and two miles of the course was on a mulch trial. They were my two slowest miles by far. It feels nice on my feet and knees but I feel like I am working so much harder.

ATTQOTD: I am okay with pretty much any type of surface except sand, my legs hate me after about .02 seconds. Asphalt and running track are the surfaces I run on the most.

Attqotd: I only really know Road, sidewalk and treadmill. And prefer road (asphalt) most.
Can I put myself in the "nope column" for grass on a wet day. I will tentatively tip toe through a street puddle to avoid any possible muddy situation.

ATTQOTD: I will also vote for asphalt and the track as my favorites. The least favorite for me is trail running, too many tripping hazard tree roots and wild life of the big brown variety here.

ATTQOTD: Another one for asphalt or hard packed dirt (either dirt road or trail). I don't like concrete at all.

ATTQOTD: I like to run on asphalt and then concrete. The grass here is strange and very good at hiding uneven surfaces and holes so I tend to stay away. Anytime I run in sand or dirt I get it in my shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter