The Running Thread - 2018

I'll bet you leave him a little extra treat on Thanksgiving!
giphy.gif

QOTD: Does your job require you to stay on your feet all day, sit behind a desk, work indoors, or outside? How does your job effect your training and recovery?

For me it depends on what phase of a project we're in. During planning, I'm generally sitting behind a desk all day and the only real physical exertion is the mile or so walk from the parking lot to the office. When we're executing the project, I spend a lot more time on my feet, particularly walking between worksites. Sitting all day after a hard workout leaves my legs pretty stiff, so I find that the more active days are better for recovery.

One of the more recent things they've done in my office is give us desks that can be raised into a standing desk. I like the idea, but I've found standing still in front of a computer for more than an hour or two just wears me out.

ATTQOTD:
Big running weekend coming up
Did an easy 6 today.
5k tomorrow speed run
The weekend consist of 6 slow easy miles on Saturday followed by 18 miler for Sunday
The dopey training is in full swing.

1. 30-40% standing. My lunch "hour" consists of 15 min shoveling food into my mouth while typing frantically into a computer, checking results, and returning calls. Meanwhile, my husband's lunch "hour" consists of driving to the gym, running for 20 min, taking a shower, and driving someplace for food. :furious:
2. Pizza: pepperoni only, the greasier the better, no blotting off with napkins for me. Because I have a child's tastebuds.
3. 3 easy miles and 12 mi long run.

Thanks! It looks like we might just miss the rain on Sunday. I think @croach is running MCM as well. If you all want to meet up with my running crew after the race for a celebratory lunch, send me a PM! Good luck at MCM!!

Was going to but decided to skip it since I’lm doing W&D the next weekend. Hate missing it though. It’s a great race.

Good luck and enjoy the race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter