The Running Thread - 2019

@IamTrike ......they make anti-fogging wipes and sprays for glasses that you could use. Instead of spending a lot of money, I just apply shaving cream and that seems to do the trick.
Hmm I’ll try the shaving cream trick. I’ve never heard of that before.
Do you wear a hat or headband when you run? The less sweat that’s around them also helps with keeping them unfogged.
I’ve broken my nose a couple of times there’s a bump in my nose now that limits how far away from my face they can be. I do. Usually wear a visor with a sweatband.
interesting - my vision feels slightly "off" in the Goodrs compared to every other pair of running and non-running at glasses I have, and yep, If I wear them too !omg I get a headache, too. They feel like the curve of the lenses doesn't suit my vision somehow.
Yeah that’s what I felt too.
Just a note on this, it may just be the pair you have. I have 4 (I think??) pairs of Goodrs, and one of them it does seem like the lenses are a little ‘wavy’ and make my vision a little weird. I don’t wear that pair very often, but the other three are just fine and I don’t have that issue.
It could have just been that first pair for me too. That would explain how I got acclimated as I got more pairs.

When I go on at home I have to use my iPhone and I don't like the new format of the Dis on my phone (probably just need to get used to it) so it feels awkward?

Aint happening lol. :sad2:
Not a huge fan I of the way they display on my iPhone either. But it’s free so I can’t really complain

Ever work retail on Black Friday? Nobody can run at capacity for very long. There are costs associated with crowds, and diminishing returns are real.
Ugh, yes, for three years in a row at a clothing store. I had the unfortunate position of being one of the most efficient cashiers, so I got to spend almost 12 hours straight standing in one spot, ringing up people as fast as my hands could swipe those credit cards.

That said, I think the real indicator of Disney's plan will be like someone else mentioned, which is the increases on daily tickets. I'm sure they're coming prior to SWGE opening, but whether or not they come close to a 20%+ increase should support whether Disney is just finding that sweet spot of maxing out prices with crowds, or actively trying to pare back AP visitors in order to better manage resources for known crowd levels.

I'm sure they're coming prior to SWGE opening, but whether or not they come close to a 20%+ increase should support whether Disney is just finding that sweet spot of maxing out prices with crowds, or actively trying to pare back AP visitors in order to better manage resources for known crowd levels.

As the saying goes, perhaps we should embrace the heeling power of "And". 👍

It is the weekend, and @LSUlakes is off enjoying his new puppy so I wanted to wish our weekend racers good luck and good weather. I am looking forward to hearing about it!

21 - KevM - Media 5 Miler (NG / N/A)
22 - tigger536 - Grandma's Marathon (4:00:00 / N/A)
22 - mtnmjd - Michael P. Murphy 4 Mile Run around the Lake (35:00 / N/A)
23 - xjillianpaige - BAA 10k (1:10:00 / N/A)

Yup, my fastest half is the 2:13 time from 2018 Dark Side. It’s good for Wine & Dine and Marathon weekend, but I don’t have anything else for future weekends. Well, I have a 10K, but I cant use that for the marathon distance.

There’s a half on October 6th on the New Hampshire coast. It starts at 8am and only has one blip of a hill. I know the area and it’s easy to travel to.

View attachment 410380

You know this means I’ll be hitting you up for a new plan? :yay:
This is usually a fast course, although I have some issues with the race organizers... mainly revolving around back of the pack runner treatment. :) I know a lot of people love this race, though.

Another option that may be closer to Worcester is Clarence DeMar on 9/29 in Keene. https://clarencedemar.com/ It is a half + full, point to point.

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 5.55.47 PM.png

Good news: I just updated my POT for MW with my April half PR.
DW's @DopeyBadger training is going very well. She just registered for 2 races this morning! The one in late August is her "A" race to get POT, as she has none right now.

Bad news: in haste to hop into the back seat of my car to quickly change in the rain for a post-work un on the 10th, I smashed my left knee into the car's door frame. Pain was immediate and severe. I ran 4 miles that day, as day 1 of 3 straight running. Likely should've changed that plan. Doesn't hurt when running, but trying to flex it back for a quad stretch still means pain and decreased mobility. I've run 6 times since it happened, and it is improving, but I want to know what's up and make a plan for recovery. Seeing an Ortho PA next Friday. Killing me to not be out running 6-8 today, as the weather is beautiful. KT tape on it last night, with heating pad then and this am, since I'm >10 days out from the trauma. Knee typically tight and more painful in the am. Dr. Google thinks it is quadricep tendonitis.

Very frustrating, as I'm off the next week, and usually plan my higher-mileage weeks for pto time.

So your next tri is when...?
875.gif

Everybody: I spent a week in Disney World after dieting for over a month prior and got home to find I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT ON VACATION!!!! There has to be some kind of medal for this. Ready to get back into it.

#goals

Awesome job!

I pray this is me in a month. I've been back on the healthy wagon for a week and we leave for Disney in less than a month. I've already lost a couple of pounds and I hope to have lost a few more before we leave.

#goals

Awesome job!

I pray this is me in a month. I've been back on the healthy wagon for a week and we leave for Disney in less than a month. I've already lost a couple of pounds and I hope to have lost a few more before we leave.
You can do it! I shared most quick service type lunches with DH. If we got a treat we shared it too. It turns out a half portion of most of their treats is enough to feel like you got your fix. Also because you will have been dieting a while you will see you are satisfied with less. I only ran twice and it was very short distances because it was hot for us northerners. I didn't really eat any fruit because $2.25 for a banana is, well, bananas.

QOTD: Do you enjoy watching movies that pertain to running? Do you go to the theater to see them or wait for them to come out to stream or rent? Do you plan on going see Brittany Runs a Marathon in August?

ATTQOTD: I love a running movie and have seen two on the big screen. The first one was one of the Spirit of the Marathon and the other was Patriots Day. I have a few DVD's at home as well. I am not sure if I will be able to see the Brittany movie at the theater, but given the opportunity I would.

It's been a bust June so far! So many things going on but I think I should be able to return to my daily postings again. Today is DW's 35th birthday! Our puppy, Bella is such a great pup so far! Full of energy and those puppy teeth are something else! Running for the month is a big fat 0. With packages being released last week for WDW, I booked our next trip for June of 2020 for our first stay at Caribbean Beach and will get to experience a whole bunch of new things when we get there! It also looks like we are going to get a AP since we are planning to go again for Mardi Gras 2021. So far away, but excited regardless!

Hi all!

Back from a long vacation that included 5 days at Disneyland and I'm exhausted! I was up with the baby by 5am and out with the older one til 9:30pm. By the end, I was delirious. We went with 2 other families and so I was only able to squeeze in quick 2 mi runs in the mornings. I was able to go to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 3 times and it was amazing! I think they did a fantastic job with the land and was able to do everything: Oga's Cantina twice, droid building (son), Savi's lightsaber workshop (me!), and Smugglers Run several times. Chewie, Kylo Ren, and Vi Moradi made appearances, but my heart stopped when Rey walked in with our reservation time slot crowd!

ATTQOTD: I think Chariots of Fire was the only running-related movie I've seen that I could have seen in a theater - but I didn't. I've really enjoyed some random, documentary-type films I've stumbled across on TV and Netflix/Prime/Hulu: LOVED the Boundless series, and Finding Traction was terrific. And, of course, both docs covering the Barkely Marathons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter