The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: I have a few big running goals, but the next one I am shooting for is a 5K PR (currently at 23:04). The other goals are to break 4 hours in the marathon and sub-1:45 half. I am not sure when I will try for those though.

@jennamfeo apparently I need glasses because I cannot see if all of mine are listed. LOL. My states are AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, LA, and MS.

QOTD: Have you ever celebrated a birthday or anniversary of some sorts by running the number of miles the event is you are celebrating? For example, you turn 25 and run 25 miles?

Not miles related but 5 years ago this month I ran a half marathon in my 50th state on my 50th birthday! May the Fourth be With You.

QOTD: What is your next big running goal to accomplish?

I'm registered for the marathon this January. MW 2000 was my first marathon and MW 2010 was my first Goofy and last marathon. It will be interesting to see if my 55 year old self can kick my 35 year old self's butt.

To qualify for Boston. First BQ attempt will be at Indy in November for 2021 Boston. 2nd BQ attempt is in Louisiana in January. This is my only running goal for the next bunch of months.

So you signed up for the race or is it just a backup still?

@geaux_half I am assuming you are from the Louisiana area? I rarely see someone using "Geaux" that isnt.

Running goals-I think I'm ready to do a full marathon. I never really wanted to commit to the training time so I've stuck to half marathons. But I think I'm ready to make the jump.
It took me many years of training and running half marathons before I was fully ready to make that commitment. If you decide to go for it best of luck.

Same here! "Semi considering registering for the WDW marathon" is very accurate description of what I am doing. I really have no desire to run a full locally, but at WDW...now that is a different story!
During my years of aforementioned training, I told myself that if I ever run a marathon, it will be at Walt Disney World.

Dopey is my next big challenge. I'm doing a 10K/Half Marathon on back to back days in Dallas, but I think of that as a warmup to Dopey.
That was my gateway into Dopey. After 4 consecutive years of running Disney 10K/Half challenges, the last of which also incorporated the 5K, I realized that I'm never running a marathon had changed to I want to give this a shot.

Do any of yall have a Garmin 645? I have no idea why I am looking at watches, but now I want one lol.

@jennamfeo can you please add me to the states? Thank you, only MA and FL so far

ATTQOTD no goals in the immediate future but my soonest would be looking for a 1:57 half at W & D, after that would be my first Dopey which I want to complete with a 4:30:00 full. If I find a race or two this summer those could change, but right now it looks like just training.

Do any of yall have a Garmin 645? I have no idea why I am looking at watches, but now I want one lol.
I’m in the same boat, I really want to know my current pace and want something more accurate than a phone for counting miles, but don’t know which watch I want

QOTD: Have you ever celebrated a birthday or anniversary of some sorts by running the number of miles the event is you are celebrating? For example, you turn 25 and run 25 miles?

I actually haven't thought of that, but I think I'd be in agreement with some others about adding a decimal to it. ;)

I will say that I do have a plan of running my first marathon before I turn 40 or at least in the year that I turn 40. A few weeks ago, that was marathon weekend 2023. Now, there is a good chance of 2022. That's still so far away that who knows.....but I have hope.

QOTD: What is your next big running goal to accomplish?

My "big" goal right now is to stick to my training plan that now has strength training/cross training added in. I made it through the week one and managed to get in all my workouts/runs with only one minor shift. Looks like there will be some shifting in week 2, too. But I'm good with that as long as I can get them done.

As far as races, I have my usual local 5k in November. I'm also considering a 10k or half trail run just to do something different - Neither would I consider a big running goal right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!