The Running Thread - 2019

QOTD: How the running weather in your part of the world these days? Cold, hot, perfect?

ATTQOTD: Last week was nice and we had a decent spring IMO, but it's full blown hot and muggy from here to October now. Going to have to remember to drink a little more water during the day and not get made at my pace slowing down with the changing weather.

Well I have to report that my half marathon this weekend was a DNS. The roxyfamily is under the weather as we cannot escape it this spring. Kiddo is off school today and I'm plugging ahead at work. Thought I could rest up and then running two miles easy on Sat was rough. Rougher than my normal bad short runs before race day. Good thing I was home because roxykiddo was throwing up and and couldn't eat all day. Annoyed at myself that I couldn't get back into full gear post our disney cruise end of april and was too ashamed to report that I wasn't doing well with training. Odds were against me on sunday and I didn't have the motivation to try to push for 13.1 miles in storms while feeling bad. Sorry that I could not make good on my DB plan, but now I just need to get back to 100%, or even 75%, reset and start fresh. At least I'm not injured.
The worst part is that it was the first race of a series and so my challenge medal is bye bye. This isn't like me.
My dad signed me up for a local charity 5k for 6/2. So here's hoping I'm mentally and physically feeling ready to go on that day. My office is like 25% healthy right now so I need to live in a bubble.
Wish I could've wrote a recap where despite all odds I soldiered through and finished, but the motivation to suffer wasn't there yesterday. Le Sigh. Starting to think early spring racing is not my thing...until I move somewhere with warm winters. Last three years I've been sick in April or May for extended weeks :(

On a positive note:
ATTQOTD: It was great running weather sat morning! 50 deg. But it turned to 81 degrees followed by rain and hail that afternoon. Lightning storms yesterday in between wonderful sun. So Chicago weather is drunk. But I'm hopeful since I wore shorts for a few hours this weekend.

On a positive note:
ATTQOTD: It was great running weather sat morning! 50 deg. But it turned to 81 degrees followed by rain and hail that afternoon. Lightning storms yesterday in between wonderful sun. So Chicago weather is drunk. But I'm hopeful since I wore shorts for a few hours this weekend.

I'm sorry to hear about your DNS. Get well!

We must live just far enough away! My run Saturday morning was awful. 72 when I started and 85 when it ended. T+D 146. I know it gets worse other places but with how drunk the weather has been, I was NOT prepared. I couldn't even finish the last half mile of my cool down. I thought I was melting and have a sunburn to prove it.

ATTQOTD: It has been nice the past few weeks, just dealing with storms periodically, but now we're forecasting into the 90s at some point this week and the humidity will be coming with it. Time to start running earlier.

I am one of those people that have not seen a single episode of this show, but I've heard the last episode was a bust.

Let me fix that for you: "I've heard the last season was a bust."

QOTD: How the running weather in your part of the world these days? Cold, hot, perfect?

Summer has arrived early here. It's time to get back to running in the early morning on the weekends. I waited until afternoon yesterday and ended up running at 88 degrees with a 67 degree dew point. I didn't adjust my pace for the conditions and paid for it. It's going to be a long, hot summer, if this is any indication!

It's time to get back to running in the early morning on the weekends.
Yep. I was out at sunrise Sat and spent the first hour thinking, "This is so nice - I'm almost chilly!" It was 70* and 89% humidity. The second hour ended with "Yeah, it's pretty darned warm. Okay, hot. It's hot. BUT nowhere near as hot as it will get soon. WHY DO I DO THIS?!?!" :rotfl:

Weather here in PA has been perfect, though a little rainy. It's supposed to be in the 80s this week though...just in time to ruin my PR/Corral B POT attempt on Saturday...

Let me fix that for you: "I've heard the last season was a bust."

I think my DH and I are the only ones who have truly enjoyed this season. Did they pack too much into too few episodes? Yeah, but otherwise, I was not shocked/angered by any of the storylines as I/we truly thought they were adequately foreshadowed in the preceding seasons.

Now, the finale - it was 'meh.' We knew something (the main event) was going to happen, and I figured the one left standing couldn't just go on about life, so it made sense what happened there.

But really the end just felt like they were setting up for three GoT off-shoot series.

As I commented in the Bay to Breakers recap, the SFBA seemed to have an early summer and then drop back to get the spring we skipped. It's been rainy and chilly for the past week or so, and it doesn't look like that's going to really fix until early next week.

I think my DH and I are the only ones who have truly enjoyed this season. Did they pack too much into too few episodes? Yeah, but otherwise, I was not shocked/angered by any of the storylines as I/we truly thought they were adequately foreshadowed in the preceding seasons.

Now, the finale - it was 'meh.' We knew something (the main event) was going to happen, and I figured the one left standing couldn't just go on about life, so it made sense what happened there.

But really the end just felt like they were setting up for three GoT off-shoot series.

That's funny, because I thought the finale was probably the best episode of the season. Without getting into spoiler territory, the reason I was very disappointed with this season and found it to be the weakest of the 8 was largely due to the way they structured it. I found Episodes 1, 2 and 4 to be "throwaway" episodes where nothing of note really happened. Season 8 wasn't the place to throw in a maudlin "character building" episode. Episodes 3 and 5 were thrilling, if horrifying at times. The finale, while it did a good job of wrapping things up felt almost completely out of character for the entire tenor of the show. It felt more like a Disney finale than a GoT finale.

As I commented in the Bay to Breakers recap, the SFBA seemed to have an early summer and then drop back to get the spring we skipped. It's been rainy and chilly for the past week or so, and it doesn't look like that's going to really fix until early next week.
Same here...near Sacramento. It was spring, then a couple days of summer, then spring again, then this winter storm all week with more rain on it way. I’m guessing we’ll jump back into summer when this is over.

ATTQOTD: Weather in Connecticut has been great for running over the last 2 months - mostly in the 50's / low 60's during the day. Today we are getting our first taste of summer with mid 80's and high humidity.

ATTQOTD: Spring is Here, which means morning runs are still nice. I did an afternoon run yesterday though to “remind” my body what running in 80°+ feels like and hop-boy my body did not like it.

ATTQOTD: Here in the Phoenix area we are having an unusual late Spring.
Only in the low 70’s today. Normally it would be pushing triple digits by now.
I am loving the weather for running but not great pool weather.
Exactly this. Dare I say that it's *cold*. I am ready for my hot AZ summers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter