The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: I don't follow baseball, but went to the Stanford-USC Triple OT game in 2011, which was thrilling. Not sure how long that game was, but I think it went past 11pm PST. My first college football game was the Stanford-USC "biggest upset" in 2007 when they were 41 pt underdogs. My then bf (now husband) dragged me to it and I had brought a book, had no idea Stanford won at the end. Also went to one of the longest Super Bowl games (XLVII: Ravens vs 49ers) with the black out. It was crazy in the stadium!

ATTQOTD: Probably the World Endurance Championship 6 hour race at COTA several years back. My son wanted to go, and it was pretty amazing how quickly the 6 hour race went by. With 4 levels of cars racing at the same time, it was never boring, and good racing throughout. Being able to move around grand-stands allowed us to see the race from several different viewpoints and see how the cars handle different types of turns.

On tv, it was the Arkansas-Ole Miss 7 OT or the Arkansas-Kentucky 7OT game. not sure which one was longer time wise.....

Do the 12+ hours of Olympic coverage I watch every day no matter if it is summer/winter Olympics being held?

I seriously love them. If I'm at home and it's the Olympics, they're on the TV.

I also like golf, so I could watch that all day as well, especially Sundays when it's a major.

QOTD: So perhaps not running related question today... What is the longest sporting event you have watched either live or TV?
ATTQOTD: I'm not really sure - I've never paid close attention to how long things last! I imagine one of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers home games in Sept with multiple lightning delays is up there. Hours and hours and days on end of Olympics coverage? If Tour de France counts, I'm also counting Formula 1 racing: that'll eat up at least 5 hours of my time this weekend. ;)

I watch Olympics all the time when it goes on like others have said and College Football mostly, not sure on longest.

ATTQOTD: I'm not sure of the longest... But talking about length of games, doesn't it seem like college football games have gotten significantly longer in the last few years? I will forever watch, but the games seem SO long lately.
They do, especially with lots of penalties that our poor Huskers were familiar with.

ATTQOTD: I went to the Pirate home opener this year and it was just shy of five hours, felt longer though. The 7th inning alone was at least 45 minutes.

I wish I would have watched the whole game but I got the last two quarters and 4 OTs for the Blazer/Nuggets game a few weeks ago.

ATTQOTD: Usually the Super Bowl because it's the only sporting event I watch, except the year UGA was in the national championship game, so it was probably longer with the OT. Watched it in a hotel on the way back from 2018 Goofy.

Has anyone else had trouble with this site this week? I usually get on with my iPad but this whole week I keep getting redirected to a spam site. It’s only happening with this site and it appears to be an IOS issue. I can’t get rid of it.

I have had no problems. I mention this specifically since I don't browse this site from a mobile device, similar to @SlowGoofyGuy. But I am weird because I run linux. :)

QOTD: So perhaps not running related question today... What is the longest sporting event you have watched either live or TV?
ATTQOTD: As soon as I saw this QOTD I jumped right to the 1987 Islanders/Capitals Stanley Cup playoff game that went 4 OT's. I remember it was Easter weekend and I was home from college watching it on TV with my brother and we stayed up until it was over.

I just looked it up. The game was nicknamed "The Easter Epic" because it started Saturday night but ended at 2AM Easter Sunday. It was the longest Game 7 in Stanley Cup Playoff history.

I'm not sure I could pinpoint the longest sporting event I've watched, but probably a Cubs game that went into extra innings? Maybe?

ATTQOTD: Game 3 of last year’s World Series is the longest I remember. 7 hours and 20 minutes, 18 innings, the Dodgers doing everything possible to give away the game and finally winning it on a home run. I remember starting it in a sports bar down the street and left after 9 innings and watching the rest at home.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I'm pretty sure it has to be a stage of the Tour de France, the Giro, or the Vuelta. Some of them are 6+ hours long, and I try to watch or stream every single stage. The longest event I've seen in person is FSU at Michigan in the fall of 1991. Okay, the game was only 3 hours or so, but since we got absolutely shellacked, it sure felt longer than that. ;)

ATTQOTD: I’ve spent the entire day watching sports, so I can’t think of the longest single game lol. I’ve seen some crazy ones though!

As for live, I’ve seen a double OT Basketball game. Magic vs Thunder a few years back, crazy experience!! I’ve also been to a Rays game that went like 16 innings. Again, not really torture so I didn’t keep track of the time lol.

ATTQOTD: Televised? Probably the Cubs World Series win. In person? I’ve been to a lot of all day gymnastics meets where there’s multiple sessions. I crewed my husband at a 100K along the Blue Ridge Pkwy a few weekends ago and because of the gain and weather it was his slowest race pace to date. I crewed for 16.5 hours but for some reason didn’t feel that long.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I'm pretty sure it has to be a stage of the Tour de France, the Giro, or the Vuelta. Some of them are 6+ hours long, and I try to watch or stream every single stage. The longest event I've seen in person is FSU at Michigan in the fall of 1991. Okay, the game was only 3 hours or so, but since we got absolutely shellacked, it sure felt longer than that. ;)
I was at that game too (my junior year) - second play from scrimmage was a pick 6 by T Buck and it was all down hill from there. That was a serious beat down.

ATTQOTD: I can't remember the specific game, but it has to be one of the multi-overtime NHL playoff games from a few years ago. The game started around 8pm and it was sometime between 2 and 3am when the sudden death goal was scored.

ATTQOTD: September 28, 2002, Syracuse vs. Auburn at Jordan Hare Stadium is the longest sporting event in person (3 overtimes and thank the Lawd Auburn ended up winning). Longest on TV is the LSU vs Texas A&M game @LSUlakes referred to, absolute craziness!

Gah...finally caught up.

Life/Run Balance: My kids are older so it's easier now. I've also been a stay at home mom for 14 years too. When the kids were itty bitty I worked out at home with DVDs and the treadmill because my DH traveled every week for work. When he got a new job he went to the gym before work and I would go before or after dinner. I tried using the kids club at the gym, but DS would cry so much they'd page me to come get him. Fast forward to today I try and fit in all exercise in the mornings. Afternoons and evenings are just too crazy with homework, tutoring, sports & we just bought a horse.

Budget: We prefer life experiences over "things". Race registrations, gym fees, etc are just part of our bills.

New Gear: I buy as I need it, but I usually do a big purge every spring & fall and replace some items.

Longest Game: Um....I rarely watch sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter