The Running Thread - 2019

I just learned that the first Wednesday of June is Global Running Day... runDisney has customizable bibs and bragging posters for the occasion:
https://www.rundisney.com/blog/global-running-day/
Sorry for quoting myself but it is part of the QOTD...
ATTQOTD: I printed that runDisney bib and might go out for a short run with DD. It is time to resume our training together anyway so that Global Running Day is as good of an excuse as any. Plus, it is a gorgeous day outside!

Answer to my own QOTD:
I am debating a short, slow run. I am a bit sore from Sunday's half, but I think it should be fine if the thunderstorms part for a bit. I would be having an internal run vs. rest debate regardless of global running day.
As I do not really sign up for big destination races other than rD, there are no discounts to be had for me. I did listen to the rD spotify playlist this morning and my do so again if I decide to run.

Jumping in as my morning at work is just not the same without a QOTD.
QOTD
As @BikeFan noted above and social media keeps telling me, it is global running day. Are you acknowledging this? Are you planning to run? If so, does this deviate with what you would have done otherwise in your training patterns? Did you buy something or sign up for a race?
Did 4 miles! I’m also doing a running streak so it fits in well.

ATTQOTD: I will run the 4 mile training run that is on my schedule for today. I have no intention of signing up for any races or buying anything running related unless something irresistible crosses my e-mail. The whole "National day of" trend has gotten to be ridiculous. Every day is the "National day of" something, to the point where things are incredibly over saturated and I am numb to it. Did you know yesterday was "National Cheese Day"? My work did and actually celebrated it. Tasty, but pointless. I'll stop grumbling and go back to telling kids to stay off my lawn now...

ATTQOTD: Our local running community is all coming together tonight to celebrate. All the run clubs, stores, lululemon, etc. are throwing a massive charity event/group run tonight at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. All donations, raffle and T-shirt sales will go to the survivors and victims’ families of the mass shooting that occurred in Virginia Beach on Friday. The course is 1.2 out and 1.2 back on the Boardwalk to honor the 12 lives lost. I’m planning on going but I’m keeping a close eye on the weather and hoping some storms wait to hit until after the run. I think it will be a great way to celebrate the “holiday” and come together as a community to show our support.

I really can't pick any super hot guys because I'd be all sweaty and trying to run fast and effortlessly and look good during the marathon.

I'm not going to let that stop me from running 26.2 with that eye candy! :rotfl:

ATTQOTD: Wednesday is a running day anyway, but I didn't check the radar this morning before I left and only got 1.5 miles in before it started pouring, so I went back home and jumped on the elliptical instead. I'll have to reattempt that progression run again tomorrow.

ATTQOTD Falls in line nicely for me as I just went to 4 days per week instead of 3 so a quick 4 miles after work to celebrate the day

I ran for Global Running Day today, but I would have ran anyway. Only difference is I took a picture (and added the RunDisney bib and those pictures with distances to the parks they put on their blog for it) and posted it on my FB which most friends won't care about.

ATTQOTD:

Didn’t really know about the day, but have 40 minutes scheduled for this afternoon.

QOTD: As @BikeFan noted above and social media keeps telling me, it is global running day. Are you acknowledging this? Are you planning to run? If so, does this deviate with what you would have done otherwise in your training patterns? Did you buy something or sign up for a race?
Global Running Day or as I like to call it...Wednesday. I'll go out for a run after work just as I do pretty much every Wednesday.

ATTQOTD: My marathon training plan from @DopeyBadger started this week, so obviously should probably just get my scheduled miles in for Global Running Day. Also still doing my Run Streak, so running would be happening regardless.

Problem is.... I AM SO TIRED. We spent 9 hours at Disneyland yesterday, left at 11pm, got home at 4am, and I had to be at work at 8am. Gotta carve out some time this evening to get my run in. :crazy2:

ATTQOTD: My marathon training plan from @DopeyBadger started this week, so obviously should probably just get my scheduled miles in for Global Running Day. Also still doing my Run Streak, so running would be happening regardless.

Problem is.... I AM SO TIRED. We spent 9 hours at Disneyland yesterday, left at 11pm, got home at 4am, and I had to be at work at 8am. Gotta carve out some time this evening to get my run in. :crazy2:

Love your Disneyland schedule. Who needs sleep?? Did you get to do Galaxy's Edge?

ATTQOTD: It's raining most of the day, but I think we get a 2 hour window around 6 tonight. I printed my RunDisney bib, so can't let that printer ink go to waste!

ATTQOTD: Looks like the rain is going to be gone from my part of Houston this evening, so I will run. Had the running clothes out this morning for a run, and looked at the radar at 3:30am and promptly reset my alarm for an extra hour of sleep....too much red on the screen to have an enjoyable run....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter