The Running Thread - 2019

ATTQOTD: Even though I haven't yet run a half, that is the distance I would pick. I have done the training (derailed before the race by injury) and I feel that it is a reasonable amount of time, plus there are a bunch of races to choose from.

ATTQOTD: Good question. I think I'd pick the marathon, mostly because of the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment. I've only done one half marathon (not counting long training runs) and I never at any point thought I couldn't finish it. I definitely can't say the same about the marathons I've done where I've questioned if I'd finish it and fought through to make it.

That frustrating feeling that you get when you've been good, done your PT exercises, waited the appropriate amount of time, and start running slowly again, only to find that you are feeling familiar strains in familiar places. :(

That's the feeling I have today. Guess the only thing to do is stop doing the exercises and stop running again. Hoping another week or two will fix this.

Since it's 10:17 a.m. (on the East Coast at least), I'll jump in for QOTD.

If you could only run one race distance for the rest of your running career / life, what would it be? (Goofy/Dopey/combo answers not allowed!)

I'd say half marathon. At my current training level, I can do a half at the drop of a hat. it might not be a PR but I could safely complete it. With a bit more focus on speed and more longer runs, I could race it.

marathons, while I've only ever done one, the longer training runs would eat into family time on the weekends or my sleep. 10K's are great but given my recent AG success, it would mentally push me to always race it. 5K's while are shorter and are in abundance, I still feel the need to always race it.

I went to my ankle doctor yesterday to get the ball rolling on surgery. He still isn't convinced it is torn because I have no other symptoms like swelling, pain when he touches it, etc... He wants me to run with the orthotics and get an MRI. Scheduled the MRI and I ordered the orthotics. He thinks this will help alleviate pressure on the ankle. I told him the lady working at the store couldn't give me an info on them holding up to running so that's why I didn't buy them. But, I will try and see. The good news is, I have the BAA 10K at the end of the month. If it helps I may get to run that race. I am not getting my hopes up but am willing to try it. Thankfully I have been riding my bike so my fitness level should allow me to do a 10K in 2 weeks, if I can get a few miles in at least.

ATTFFQOTD: Those old-school flavored, colored ice in a tube things - I grew up calling them "Freezy-Pops" but have no idea what they're really called! After a long, hot run, I grab one of those and sit in the pool eating it until my core temp finally simmers down.

ATTFFQOTD: Those old-school flavored, colored ice in a tube things - I grew up calling them "Freezy-Pops" but have no idea what they're really called! After a long, hot run, I grab one of those and sit in the pool eating it until my core temp finally simmers down.

I have always called them Freezy-Pops too! My son is addicted to them. He'll come home from baseball and slam like 5 in a row.

ATTQOTD: I love chocolate milk year round.

Fun Friday QOTD: What is your favorite post-run treat in the summer?

Brazen, the folks who do a bunch of local races in the SFBA, provide coolers of It's-It ice cream sandwiches in the post-race snack area. They're a local brand with ice cream (various flavors available - vanilla, strawberry, mint, cappuccino, etc.) between oatmeal cookies, then dipped in chocolate.

I actually haven't hit any of their summer races before, but I'm signed up for Summer Breeze in early August...

Otter Pops!! (At least that's the name brand!) We actually just bought some last week!

lemon cayenne water
One of my favorite drinks when I don't want just water.

Do they make them with electrolytes?
I saw someone make frozen pops out of Nuun, but would like it so much more in a plastic tube, so please send that to Shark Tank. Thanks.

ATTQOTD: Chocolate PB2 milk & Nuun. But gonna add Otter Pops to that list on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter