The Saddest Day

Sue M

DIS Veteran
Today we were supposed to fly to MCO :sad: Had reservations for 2 weeks at CBR. I think I’ll be pouting all day. But to give us (adult daughter & me) some stuff to look forward to on Monday going up to Whistler for 2 nights, then the following week have Harrison Hot Springs booked for a couple of nights too. She has these 2 weeks off work. The daycare shuts down and that’s when they’re supposed to take their vacays.

Happy BC Day to my fellow BC peeps.

I know I'm going to feel this in December. We are supposed to be doing two week cruise but of course I'm not of the opinion we'll be able to go. I'm trying to focus instead on planning for 2022. Which is SO far away.

And I will be happy when I hear from the school board on start of school, and all that goes along with that.

This is the first year in along time I haven't taken all of August off. We have no trip planned (obviously) and nothing to do so I am saving my vacation for winter and/or next summer or whenever we can do something again. But man it feels weird! And of course facebook is super good at reminding me of all those years I was starting a long vaca around now.

Ugh, I'm sorry I know we can all relate :(

We were supposed to fly to MCO on August 22nd, instead that day we will be driving up to Sun Peaks where we rented a huge townhouse and are sharing it with another family (they are in our 'bubble') for 3 nights, then they head back to the lower mainland and we will continue on to Golden where we have rented another condo for another 3 nights.

Happy BC day long weekend :hug:

I know I'm going to feel this in December. We are supposed to be doing two week cruise but of course I'm not of the opinion we'll be able to go. I'm trying to focus instead on planning for 2022. Which is SO far away.

And I will be happy when I hear from the school board on start of school, and all that goes along with that.

This is the first year in along time I haven't taken all of August off. We have no trip planned (obviously) and nothing to do so I am saving my vacation for winter and/or next summer or whenever we can do something again. But man it feels weird! And of course facebook is super good at reminding me of all those years I was starting a long vaca around now.
Us too, this is the first Aug we won’t be a month in Florida. We usually fly into Ft Lauderdale and spent 10 days there before going up to Orlando for another 2 weeks.
Well at least we miss the tropical storm :rolleyes:
I have Universal booked for late Nov too but expect I’ll have to cancel that too.
Ugh, I'm sorry I know we can all relate :(

We were supposed to fly to MCO on August 22nd, instead that day we will be driving up to Sun Peaks where we rented a huge townhouse and are sharing it with another family (they are in our 'bubble') for 3 nights, then they head back to the lower mainland and we will continue on to Golden where we have rented another condo for another 3 nights.

Happy BC day long weekend :hug:
Yes, at least we can have a couple of mini vacays! Better than nothing I guess lol! Still having my little pity party!

Supposed to fly down to WDW for the F&W Festival in a few weeks. Usually I'd be starting to throw out annuals and tear out my veggie garden as no one to water while I'm on vacation. This year, I can enjoy my geraniums right through to the first hard frost and enjoy fresh tomatos and zucchini well into early Oct. And that's a good thing as my tomatos are just starting to produce because of the cold, late spring and delay getting them in the ground. Trying to make lemonade.

Just got home from 1st mini getaway Whistler. We had a great time. we didn’t get up there until 3 Monday. We just chilled. Tuesday we walked over to one of the lakes and enjoyed the day swimming. Went out for dinner to an outside patio, then walked along the Valley Trail back to the condo.
Today we left around noonIsh! On the way stopped at the Sea to Sky gondola. It was great! Beautiful views.

We were supposed to head down to Miami (via FLL) on the 21st for a cruise on Symphony OTS. Since that was cancelled we're keeping an eye out on trips to a Caribbean AI over Christmas, but not booking until we see how things are shaking out with Stage 3 and international flights and such.

We did a day trip to Elora Gorge last weekend. Beautiful place. We're looking at heading to Paris... Ontario (as opposed to Saskatoon, the Paris of the Prairies) this coming weekend.

We were supposed to leave on the 15th for 2 weeks at Disney and Universal. It is definitely going to be a sad day. :(

I feel for you. March was mine and instead I have an AP voucher and several thousands on Disney Gifts cards laying around. I work in healthcare so I doubt I’ll be able to go anywhere until they get a vaccine out :(

Oh well, at least I’m safe and healthy for the time being :)

As sad as it is...I'm glad you are where you are...with very few positive cases. We could be in the US, where I don't know if I would be leaving my home as much as we are here. Here I can at least travel to see the grandbaby, dd and son in law. We have safely ( as we possibly could ) travel to another province in our camper ( so we could social distance and cook our own meals ) while visiting family and have the grandbaby meet her great great grandma and vise versa. We have enjoyed time traveling around Calgary and taken in other sites that we have not done yet - like Kananaskis last weekend!!! Sooo pretty!!!!

I am hoping that the US can get their act together and get the new infection rate WAY down to make it safe for people to travel there again...but that hope fades each day when we hear the numbers that are still coming out of there. My hopes are dwindling about a trip there late next year at this point.

I hope your staycation with your daughter is going great!!!!!

I hear you. Even though I know it’s for the best, it’s sad to know we would have been taking the kids to Disney for the first time in a couple weeks. Still holding out hope that our rescheduled April trip happens, I think knowing we will be going back eventually is helping.

Today we were supposed to fly to MCO :sad: Had reservations for 2 weeks at CBR. I think I’ll be pouting all day. But to give us (adult daughter & me) some stuff to look forward to on Monday going up to Whistler for 2 nights, then the following week have Harrison Hot Springs booked for a couple of nights too. She has these 2 weeks off work. The daycare shuts down and that’s when they’re supposed to take their vacays.

Happy BC Day to my fellow BC peeps.

So to piggyback on this; I was scheduled to leave on Monday for a week in Disneyland for my birthday :(. Instead I will be in Whistler on Monday lol.

We were supposed to fly out August 14th for a 16 day Disney and Universal trip. Surprisingly, we received in the mail today one of the outfits for MNSSHP that we purchased in January.

So to piggyback on this; I was scheduled to leave on Monday for a week in Disneyland for my birthday :(. Instead I will be in Whistler on Monday lol.
We returned Wednesday. Just a 2 night getaway. We enjoyed a day relaxing at Lakeshore park on Alta Lake. It was walking distance from condo along the Valley Trail. Next day we went to the Sea to Sky Gondola on the way home. Our first day we just chilled at condo! Took forever to get up. There was an accident on Sea to Sky Hwy, closed it down for 2 hrs. Tomorrow we’re heading to Harrison Hot Springs.
Happy Birthday!

As sad as it is...I'm glad you are where you are...with very few positive cases. We could be in the US, where I don't know if I would be leaving my home as much as we are here. Here I can at least travel to see the grandbaby, dd and son in law. We have safely ( as we possibly could ) travel to another province in our camper ( so we could social distance and cook our own meals ) while visiting family and have the grandbaby meet her great great grandma and vise versa. We have enjoyed time traveling around Calgary and taken in other sites that we have not done yet - like Kananaskis last weekend!!! Sooo pretty!!!!

I am hoping that the US can get their act together and get the new infection rate WAY down to make it safe for people to travel there again...but that hope fades each day when we hear the numbers that are still coming out of there. My hopes are dwindling about a trip there late next year at this point.

I hope your staycation with your daughter is going great!!!!!
Hi Pumpkin! Good to hear from you. Glad you’re getting in some mini trips and enjoying that grand baby! We leave for our next mini vacay tomorrow. Gives a little something to look forward to.
I keep hoping things in the US will improve, but now find myself worrying about the trip we rebooked for next Aug 2021. Crazy. We have a Universal trip booked late Nov but doubt that will happen.

We returned Wednesday. Just a 2 night getaway. We enjoyed a day relaxing at Lakeshore park on Alta Lake. It was walking distance from condo along the Valley Trail. Next day we went to the Sea to Sky Gondola on the way home. Our first day we just chilled at condo! Took forever to get up. There was an accident on Sea to Sky Hwy, closed it down for 2 hrs. Tomorrow we’re heading to Harrison Hot Springs.
Happy Birthday!
Thanks! Glad u had a good trip.. we are going to do the peak to peak and maybe Vallea Lumina(sp). Enjoy Harrison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!