~The Saints won the Superbowl and we’re going to Disney World!!~

Flauna, Flora, and Merriweather (not sure I spelled the first one correctly)...
I can't believe we leave in less than two weeks:mickeyjum :donald:
I really need to start packing!
:wave2:
have a great Sunday!

Magic Kingdom (April 29)

It’ll be an early morning again for us. I'd like to be at the Magic Kingdom Train Station Welcome at 7:50 and then go straight to Main Street Bakery to get breakfast.

Next we’ll hop on the railroad to Frontierland and throw on some ponchos for Splash Mountain, then ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Next I’m sure my nephew will want to play in the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade.

IMG_3907.jpg

We’ll then make our way to Adventureland and get FP’s for Jungle Cruise and ride Pirates of the Caribbean. pirate: We missed the beginning of Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial last time, so I’d like to catch the whole thing.
(Does anybody watch Project Runway? I think Jesse was the one we saw. This picture isn’t the greatest, but it does look like it might have been him.)

DISNEYWORLD2007126.jpg

I'm not sure if we will see The Enchanted Tiki Room or not, but everyone has already said they could do without climbing up The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse again. Then the kids can do The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. (I can’t remember us ever doing this because the lines are always ridiculously long.)

We’ll most probably eat lunch at Pecos Bills. My mom said this was the best burger we had on our last trip and I’m pretty sure she’ll want to go back.

IMG_3925.jpg

We may see the Country Bear Jamboree next then go back to ride the Jungle Cruise. I plan on grabbing a Dole Whip and then heading over to hopefully meet Princess Tiana! princess: She quickly became a fav in our home!

DISNEYWORLD2007147.jpg

I’d like to take some time and go down Main Street and just enjoy all the details. I also saw a picture of Casey’s Corn Dog Nuggets and they are just calling out to me, so I might have to make a stop there. :)

We’ll probably leave the park at 7:00 by monorail and head to the Polynesian to do a little walking around until our Ohana reservation at 8:20. I have to say this is the thing I’m MOST looking forward to! :teeth: I’m excited to try the food they serve and I think my family will LOVE the atmosphere! :goodvibes

Then it’s back to MK to catch a bus back to CBR and call it a night. :faint:

I wanted to share this video of the Magic Kingdom in case anyone hasn’t seen it. It makes me smile every time I watch it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZfIlxwsfI

Flauna, Flora, and Merriweather (not sure I spelled the first one correctly)...
I can't believe we leave in less than two weeks:mickeyjum :donald:
I really need to start packing!
:wave2:
have a great Sunday!

You got it! :thumbsup2

I still have one last shopping trip to make (hopefully I'll have time later today) before I start packing, but I can't wait!! :yay:

I hope you have a great Sunday too!

after a little research I found this about locations for Illuminations:
Best Places to Watch Illuminations
1. UK-Canada Trail - A good spot to watch "Illuminations" is near the United Kingdom. As you're leaving the United Kingdom and entering Canada, there is a trail that leads off to the side. There are trees to sit under if you prefer. It is a little-known path with little to no crowd
2. Sushi Bar - The Japanese restaurant is one of the best places to eat in the whole of Disney. If you go to the sushi bar side of it before the fireworks show starts, you can watch the whole thing right out the window while you eat delicious, relatively cheap sushi.
3. CM Entrance - Between Norway and China there is a cast member entrance set back a ways from the walkway. You can step back into this area, get out of the way of the traffic and have a virtually unobstructed view of the lagoon and the sky.
4. Norway - In front of the Norway, good view, all facilities within easy reach (Kringla Bakeri, restrooms, water fountain).
5. France - Get there about 1/2 an hour early. There are iron bistro type tables and chairs right by the water. Head to the bakery - which is usually dead late at night. Grab some snacks (the cheese plate w/ bread, chocolate crepe, GM slushes)
6. Mexico - Cantina de San Angel, grab a churro and a water side table

I like what she says in #1 and 3
what do you guys think...I'm thinking if we catch Spectro and Wishes Sunday we do not need to do it again Wed. I will PM you both my cell and if you guys want to try to meet up

after a little research I found this about locations for Illuminations:
Best Places to Watch Illuminations
1. UK-Canada Trail - A good spot to watch "Illuminations" is near the United Kingdom. As you're leaving the United Kingdom and entering Canada, there is a trail that leads off to the side. There are trees to sit under if you prefer. It is a little-known path with little to no crowd
2. Sushi Bar - The Japanese restaurant is one of the best places to eat in the whole of Disney. If you go to the sushi bar side of it before the fireworks show starts, you can watch the whole thing right out the window while you eat delicious, relatively cheap sushi.
3. CM Entrance - Between Norway and China there is a cast member entrance set back a ways from the walkway. You can step back into this area, get out of the way of the traffic and have a virtually unobstructed view of the lagoon and the sky.
4. Norway - In front of the Norway, good view, all facilities within easy reach (Kringla Bakeri, restrooms, water fountain).
5. France - Get there about 1/2 an hour early. There are iron bistro type tables and chairs right by the water. Head to the bakery - which is usually dead late at night. Grab some snacks (the cheese plate w/ bread, chocolate crepe, GM slushes)
6. Mexico - Cantina de San Angel, grab a churro and a water side table

I like what she says in #1 and 3
what do you guys think...I'm thinking if we catch Spectro and Wishes Sunday we do not need to do it again Wed. I will PM you both my cell and if you guys want to try to meet up

Thanks for doing the research! They are all great ideas, but yeah I would say 1, 3, 5 or 6 appeal to me. If you decide to stay in Epcot that day I think it would be great if Jen, you and I could watch Illuminations together!

Answer from yesterday: Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather

What ride is Figment featured in?

Figment.jpg

Oh... I know this one!! Journey into Imagination!! I guess I know the parks better than the movies! :laughing:

FYI - In case you didn't already know, Cantina de San Angel in Mexico is closed for rehab until fall. I see that's one of the recommended spots for Illuminations - could still be a good one, it may be less busy with Cantina closed. :confused3 I'm sorry I won't be in Epcot that night - sounds like a fun DISmeet in the works!

Oh... I know this one!! Journey into Imagination!! I guess I know the parks better than the movies! :laughing:

FYI - In case you didn't already know, Cantina de San Angel in Mexico is closed for rehab until fall. I see that's one of the recommended spots for Illuminations - could still be a good one, it may be less busy with Cantina closed. :confused3 I'm sorry I won't be in Epcot that night - sounds like a fun DISmeet in the works!

Correct! :thumbsup2 I love Figment! :figment:

Thanks for the heads up! I remember hearing about it, but I had forgotten. I wonder if they kept the seating open. I'm guessing probably not, but if they did you're right, it may turn out to be a great spot!

Answer from yesterday: Journey into Imagination

What is Tiana’s dream?

PrincessTiana.jpg

To open her own restaurant!

I'm loving your plans so far! I hope it works out for us to meet for Illuminations!

I loved the Magic Kingdom video, especially the Spectro part! I have seen the Epcot one but not that one...thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

To open her own restaurant!

I'm loving your plans so far! I hope it works out for us to meet for Illuminations!

I loved the Magic Kingdom video, especially the Spectro part! I have seen the Epcot one but not that one...thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Exactly! :thumbsup2

I know, I hope it works out too! If it were just me I'd say 100% I could meet you and Connie anywhere, but I know I'm going to have 5 other peoples opinions and whims to consider. :rolleyes:

Now I have to thank you for sharing because I didn't know a Epcot one existed! I'll be going check out that one in a little bit! Thanks!

Epcot - World Showcase (April 30)

I’d still like to get to the park when Future World opens at 9 so we can head towards the character spots and get some autographs and pictures. We also may be able to ride Journey into Imagination again before eating breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.

I want to sign the kids up for a Kim Possible mission at 9 so hopefully we can start one really close to 11 when World Showcase opens.

We enjoyed the Kidcot stations so much last time, I’m hoping my nephew doesn’t think he’s too old this year.

IMG_4189.jpg

We plan on heading into World Showcase on the Canada side and leisurely making our way around...

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

I want my niece to be able to see as many characters as she can this day, but I’m thinking that will depend on how long the lines are.

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

I also want to do my own little “eat-around-the-world” and get a little something from each country that we all can share. popcorn:: I’m hoping this works out.

This evening we will also be going to Downtown Disney. I like to save this for the end of our trip so we’ve had a chance to check out a lot of the merchandise in the parks and we know what souvenirs we want to get.

IMG_4304.jpg

DISNEYWORLD2007304.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

I want to eat dinner at Earl of Sandwich but also get a BBQ chicken pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express. (Gosh… I’m gonna gain so much weight on this trip. :sad2: Too much good food!)

IMG_4317.jpg

Epcot Future World stays open until midnight tonight. We could make it a long night by doing Test Track or Soarin again before going back to CBR.

:mickeyjum :donald: party:
WOOOHOOOO 10 DAYS! AND WE WILL BE IN DISNEY!!! ONLINE CHECK IN DAY!!!!
:mickeyjum :donald: party:

I managed to pull all Ashton's clothes together yesterday, and plan to start on Danny and I today!!!!
party: :dancer: party:

Ahhh geez I can't believe I can't remember this one...Monster's Inc is one of my favorites! I've been racking my brain and I think it's something like Hairy Howsin's...maybe... :confused3

I know what you mean about our meet. That will be day 1 for us, and since I have no idea how Jilly's going to hold up, all I can do is pray that we're not already back at POR by the time Illuminations starts, crashed! :faint:

Yesterday when I checked the Accuweather forecast, it showed a few afternoon showers for that day. Now it's showing mostly sunny and 81 degrees! I hope it doesn't change!!! :hippie:

PS - As you can see from my signature, I love Figment too! He is basically the only thing I remember about my first trip! I loved the Imagination Pavilion, especially those huge tables with the pins that you could run your hands under! Somewhere I even have a picture with him and the Dream Finder outside of the pavilion!

SINGLE DIGITS DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Your plans are looking great Alicia!! We are planning the Kidcot stops too, I think it will be nice little breaks for the kids!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter