The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I did look but thought that was different than the timeshare side. I guess I was under the impression getting a timeshare rental was a better value.
I think you can definitely get better deals if you rent from one of the timeshare/ owner sites, but we'll be there from 11/12-11/17, booked through Marriott and the price was still around $160 night for a group of 7. Plus no shuttle fees if booked direct and that is something you would use.

Love this thread! We just booked a last minute vacation for Nov 16 for a week. Would love to stay at Vistana but looked at sky auction and eBay and I see nothing for our dates. Any other ideas in where I can book thru? Or even where else to stay, It's just 3 of us (2 adults and a child) so a 1 bedroom would prob be enough but a 2 bedroom would be fab if it's for a good price. TIA.
I'm not sure where you were looking, but skyauction has a two bedroom for Nov. 15th for $474.99. I don't see a surcharge for your date, however, you must read all the fine print.
If you were ok with checking in a day early, or just losing one day off the week, I would say go for it.
http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/3199706
You could always call the resort and tell them you're looking at booking for the 15th, but checking in a day later on the 16th and if they would hold your room. Wouldn't hurt, it's an awesome price!

What a great idea. I didn't even think of that. Our dates are stuck on the 16th but could do the 15th check in and then book a day at the end of the stay seperate with the resort. Such a smart idea. Thank you!!

What a great idea. I didn't even think of that. Our dates are stuck on the 16th but could do the 15th check in and then book a day at the end of the stay seperate with the resort. Such a smart idea. Thank you!!
No problem!
I would call the Sheraton first, before I booked through skyauction, just to ask them about coming a day later just to be sure it's ok.
The thing is that the skyauction deals are usually timeshare weeks, so they are set, but I've found that the Sheraton will work with you on those. The pre arrival coordinator may be able to help with that. Her name is Kayla and her info is a few pages back.

No problem!
I would call the Sheraton first, before I booked through skyauction, just to ask them about coming a day later just to be sure it's ok.
The thing is that the skyauction deals are usually timeshare weeks, so they are set, but I've found that the Sheraton will work with you on those. The pre arrival coordinator may be able to help with that. Her name is Kayla and her info is a few pages back.
we came 2 days later as long as they had our CC on file they were fine with us, Skyauction gave us 7 days .. but it was such a great deal it didnt matter. we had to get a one night hotel on the end cause the dates didnt match up and they wanted 300.00 for one night that was almost what we paid for the whole week.
(weekends are the travel days

we came 2 days later as long as they had our CC on file they were fine with us, Skyauction gave us 7 days .. but it was such a great deal it didnt matter. we had to get a one night hotel on the end cause the dates didnt match up and they wanted 300.00 for one night that was almost what we paid for the whole week.
(weekends are the travel days
Glad to hear it! Sometimes these deals are too good to pass up!

We just booked a two bedroom for January 24th to 31st.....for the insanely low price of $336.36 taxes included. We were not really planning on a winter trip (spring would be our norm) but at that cost, we really couldn't pass it up. We were issued a resorts accommodations certificate through Interval International a while back, so all we had to pay was the $299 redemption fee plus the tax. When we were able to find well priced flights, we figured it was fate LOL. We HAD to go!

We haven't visited Orlando in January since 2013, so this will be a HUGE change for us! Just hoping we get warm enough weather to swim on a few days. Regardless, it sure will be nice to escape the snow and cold of Michigan for a week.

I have tons of pics to share from our October trip, so I will try and get those posted this weekend. I also have the info on being Family of the Week. I'll don't best to get that posted as well!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina . For some reason your previous ones on this thread won't load for me.

For those that have stayed at SVR and Bonnet Creek, what's your preference for older teens? I can get a 2 bdr getaway through Interval for end of April for 507. (plus tax I assume). Are there any other resort fees I'd have to pay at resort? It would be about 400 cheaper than Bonnet Creek. (Which is about a kazillion Canadian dollars!). I'm torn because my family loves Bonnet Creek. Vistana looks beautiful as well. We're doing Disney and being closer would be a bonus. In particular my kids could take the bus to Carribbean Beach if they wanted to stay later in a park and we could easily pop over and grab them.

Is there a car rental agency close to SVR? Plan is to stay onsite or Disney Springs first 4 nights for EMH and 60 day FP, then head to condo and get a rental car after we're sick of being stuck in a hotel room together. :rotfl2:

What to do..what to do... :confused3

I can get a 2 bdr getaway through Interval for end of April for 507. (plus tax I assume). Are there any other resort fees I'd have to pay at resort?
We've stayed several times at SVR as a getaway through Interval and aside from the taxes, they put a hold on your CC for $50, which you can either use up at the bars/restaurants or they put it back if you don't use it. There are no resort fees or parking fees.

I've never stayed at WBC but we have stayed with my young adult children (ages 20-29) at SVR and they all love it. I'm not sure what your kids are looking for, but the pools are really nice, there's a game room and there are other activities through the week. SVR is literally right across I4 from Disney Springs, so you're really close to everything. There's always Uber and Lyft to get around if you don't want to get a rental. Sometimes it can be cheaper than paying for parking at the parks.

So, apparently the file size of each of my photos are too large to attach (it's been a while since I have posted pictures....since before the new format). Aside from resizing every photo....which I'm not even sure how to do on my new phone, d'oh!!.....does anyone have any suggestions?

So, apparently the file size of each of my photos are too large to attach (it's been a while since I have posted pictures....since before the new format). Aside from resizing every photo....which I'm not even sure how to do on my new phone, d'oh!!.....does anyone have any suggestions?

Try this site! tinyjpg.com

It lets upload up to 20 images at a time right from your phone and will resize them to make them smaller! May be easier on a computer though...

We arrived at the resort on Tuesday. First time visitors, booked through Marriott. Loving the resort and will stay here again.
We check out on Monday morning. I pre-ordered groceries and I think we will have a lot left(Diet coke, beer, wine, snacks). If anyone is going to be here on Sunday or Monday morning and would like any unopened/sealed drinks/snacks, lmk and we can arrange a time for pick up.

Try this site! tinyjpg.com

It lets upload up to 20 images at a time right from your phone and will resize them to make them smaller! May be easier on a computer though...

Thank you! I'm am currently on leave from work for the next indefinite period of time, so I should have opportunity to work on that task soon. Hope to have some pics up sometime during the holidays.

I thought I had read somewhere that SVR had gone through a big renovation not that long ago, but recent reviews on TripAdvisor are conflicting. Some say great accommodations, others say run down. Can anyone clarify? We are considering staying there in a 2 bedroom in August.
Thanks!

The resort had a full "to the studs" renovation throughout about 6ish years ago. However, Sheraton has been very proactive about staying on top of maintenance. All sections have had "soft surface" rejuvenation once or twice since then. I have seen no signs of slippage in overall maintenance since the full refurb - resort owners paid a very large special assessment to support the work, and are unlikely to let things slip like that again. Note I started this thread back in 2013 after the renos were done to focus on the new look and feel.

I take most of the reviews on TA with a grain of salt. Lots of people with a bone to pick posting there. I look at the reviewer's track record (number of posts) and also try to get a feel for the overall temperature, generally discarding the most obviously overly critical, unfounded or overly saccharine. I would say that 7600/9200 reviews at Excellent or Good is a pretty impressive number - that's 82% who rate it above average.

ETA: spent a bit of time reviewing the first 10 pages of review on TA. Most were generally very positive. A couple were very low because of the "timeshare" hustle. This is a fact of life at all TS resorts that are actively selling. In general there are much worse players than Sheraton/Marriott. A couple complaining about service, and there will always be a few of these, but I do agree that the service attitude is not generally as friendly and helpful since Marriott took over Sheraton, but then I always preferred Sheraton over Marriott for that very reason, so I may have a personal bias. A couple of more were complaints about the size of the small 1BR units. That is generally a case of getting what you pay for; I wouldn't recommend a small 1BR for anything more than a couple. They are an upgrade from a hotel room, but certainly not as nice as a full size 2BR villa or Premium (large) 1BR villa. And, yes, a couple mentioned maintenance/upkeep issues, but taken in light of the number that were positive I would think it is still a rare occurrence.

Last edited:
Alrighty, let's give this photo resizing thing a whirl. If this works, I will get started on resizing the balance of our SVR pics from October. Here is one to start.

Edited to add......SUCCESS!

rsz_20191021_133101.jpg

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina either maintenance at the resort has gone WAAAY downhill, or that is the natural pond behind Lakes building 7... :)

Time to play guess that caption...

(oops - that's for post #2037 not for #2038.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!