The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thanks for responding! It is odd because my original confirmation did not have a unit number but when I went back recently to check something on the website and looked up the Getaway it says:
Sheraton Vistana Resort • VIT
Unit: 0813 (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 20
Odd that it has a unit listed. I guess I could call and ask what it means...
Hmmm, I never had that on my resort confirmations on getaways for any resort. Week 20 is May 15 - 17 and that specific unit is building 1 in Springs. From what you posted, it does look like you have a specific unit. I'll be interested in what your experience is when you check in.

I've not had a specific unit "assigned" in a getaway reservation, from my own personal reservations. (Sheraton and Marriott many times, Mystic Dunes once) That said, if you have a specific 2 bedroom unit area you prefer, (Springs or other) I suggest you call the front desk with any requests or for clarification. (1-407-239-3100) From my personal experience and what has been told to me directly by Sheraton staff, that seems to be the best route for requests and information. See my post # 2075 of this thread, one page back (page 104). I can only comment on my own personal experience, (and my family's experience with their own reservations) with the Sheraton staff and the front desk has been more than helpful for many trips/requests we've had.

I can't see certain posts because I use the "ignore" function on this thread so I apologize if I've repeated information. If you have any specific questions I can help with, it's best to quote my posts so I get the notification. I'm not subscribed to this thread and I don't normally check it.

HTH!

Hi can someone please remind me which buildings have Friday checkin please , it’s a 6/8/2 two bedroom, thank you xxx

Hi can someone please remind me what sections have Friday check in please , it is a 6/8/2 two bedroom configuration, thank you xxx

Hi can someone please remind me what sections have Friday check in please , it is a 6/8/2 two bedroom configuration, thank you xxx
That's a pretty big range. The only sections you WON'T be in are Courts and Falls. Across the other 7 sections (Spas, Springs, Palms, Cascades, Lakes, Fountains I&II) there are roughly 60 buildings with Friday check in and 2BR units that sleep 6/8. You could be in any one of those sections.

That's a pretty big range. The only sections you WON'T be in are Courts and Falls. Across the other 7 sections (Spas, Springs, Palms, Cascades, Lakes, Fountains I&II) there are roughly 60 buildings with Friday check in and 2BR units that sleep 6/8. You could be in any one of those sections.
Thanks so much for the speedy reply , I thought on the past there was specific days for particular sections ? Did there used to be a map showing the check in days for each building? Thank you

Thanks so much for the speedy reply , I thought on the past there was specific days for particular sections ? Did there used to be a map showing the check in days for each building? Thank you
The link to the map is on page one of this thread, second post.

Red buildings indicate Friday check in, blue indicates Saturday, and green is Sunday.

Only the first three sections built at the resort have one day check in (Courts, Falls, Spas), the remainder have check ins on any of the 3 days.

The link to the map is on page one of this thread, second post.

Red buildings indicate Friday check in, blue indicates Saturday, and green is Sunday.

Only the first three sections built at the resort have one day check in (Courts, Falls, Spas), the remainder have check ins on any of the 3 days.

I just reserved SVR-Fountains Villa through RCI and was torn between that and a 2 bedroom unit from SVR. Is there much of a difference between the Villas (not to be confused with the Village, which still sometimes confuses me lol) and the "regular" resort? I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake choosing the Fountains Villa. We are going for a week filled with Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica, and typically spend the entire days at the parks and don't spend too much time at the resorts. Can't wait!!!

I just reserved SVR-Fountains Villa through RCI and was torn between that and a 2 bedroom unit from SVR. Is there much of a difference between the Villas (not to be confused with the Village, which still sometimes confuses me lol) and the "regular" resort? I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake choosing the Fountains Villa. We are going for a week filled with Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica, and typically spend the entire days at the parks and don't spend too much time at the resorts. Can't wait!!!
There is really no difference between the two anymore in RCI (Resort #0450 and #V450). When the Fountains section was first built, it had a different ownership structure from the previous sections and got a different resort number from RCI. However, things have 'drifted' since then as programs changed, so it does not guarantee you a villa in Fountains. For wider availability I would always search both resorts to see what is available. One thing that is a benefit to V450 is that it does not list 1BR units, and the base configuration for the 2BR leaves out some of the less popular smaller 2BR units.

bankr, thank you for the info. The unit I reserved is a 2br in Resort #V450 that sleeps a max of 8 with privacy of 6, so I assume that means two double or queen beds in bedroom 2. My experience with RCI has been pretty good over the years when it comes to the unit reflecting the description, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that we will get that type of unit. Will be sure to let y'all know if doesn't pan out that way.

And a VERY big thank you to you and Gina for all the info you have provided in this thread!!!

For what its worth, we ADORE the Fountains section. Since we started staying at SVR in 2013, we have had the opportunity to stay in Spas, Fountains, Fountains II, and Lakes....and the Fountains villas are our favorite of them all (if you don't mind having to negotiate stairs, the upper units with the vaulted ceilings are especially beautiful and spacious!!). The Fountains pool is also our fave of the 3 main pools, and we find that side of the resort to be very peaceful.

If you DO end up in Fountains, I hope you love it as much as we do!

bankr, thank you for the info. The unit I reserved is a 2br in Resort #V450 that sleeps a max of 8 with privacy of 6, so I assume that means two double or queen beds in bedroom 2. My experience with RCI has been pretty good over the years when it comes to the unit reflecting the description, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that we will get that type of unit. Will be sure to let y'all know if doesn't pan out that way.

And a VERY big thank you to you and Gina for all the info you have provided in this thread!!!

The 2nd bedrooms will offer double beds (unless you are assigned to Falls or Courts, which have twins in the 2nd bedroom, though neither of which should be an issue based on your check in days). Unfortunately, none of the sections offer queens in the guest bedroom.

The 2nd bedrooms will offer double beds (unless you are assigned to Falls or Courts, which have twins in the 2nd bedroom, though neither of which should be an issue based on your check in days). Unfortunately, none of the sections offer queens in the guest bedroom.
Worth noting as well that AFAIK, all of the regular beds (not sure about sofa beds) are a full 80" length. So the full/double size beds in the 2nd BR are longer than normal and feel very much like a queen (just a few inches narrower). Even the XL Singles in Falls and Courts feel much larger than your old childhood bed thanks to that extra 5" of length (and probably about 4-6 inches of extra thickness over the single mattress I slept on for my first 15 years).

Gina, thanks for the details! The kids (15, 14 and 10) are going in the 2nd bedroom, so the doubles will be fine for them. It's really nice that they are extra long, I'm a little over 6' tall and it's a treat for my toes to NOT hang off the end lol.

Worth noting as well that AFAIK, all of the regular beds (not sure about sofa beds) are a full 80" length. So the full/double size beds in the 2nd BR are longer than normal and feel very much like a queen (just a few inches narrower). Even the XL Singles in Falls and Courts feel much larger than your old childhood bed thanks to that extra 5" of length (and probably about 4-6 inches of extra thickness over the single mattress I slept on for my first 15 years).

Who knew?!?! Easy to tell we never use that second bedroom anymore. No wonder the kiddo was so comfy when he used to travel with us!!

You'd think a person with a tall husband would have noticed such a nice feature :rotfl2:.

When I tell my wife that my feet hang off the bed and so will our sons', so we should buy them XL mattresses for their beds, she just blows me off thinking that i'm making stuff up just to spend more money 🙄

I promise all you normal height folks out there, it's a real thing 😜

And this is exactly why I notice! I hit my current 6'3" (actually my doctor indicates that I am now quickly approaching 6'2") at age 13. I spent the last several years of life at home with my feet hitting the end of my single bunk at home. One of the first things I bought from my first job was a bigger bed. I can't stand a short mattress and generally notice at timeshare properties even if I'm not having to sleep on it.

I sent an e-mail to Kayla to request Cascades Building 4 and she responded that she'll try to get me into this building if it's available. I also provided possible alternatives in case it's not available. My question is what time should I check in? Do I stand a better chance getting the building I want by showing up early and waiting it out? Or should I show up right at 4?

I sent an e-mail to Kayla to request Cascades Building 4 and she responded that she'll try to get me into this building if it's available. I also provided possible alternatives in case it's not available. My question is what time should I check in? Do I stand a better chance getting the building I want by showing up early and waiting it out? Or should I show up right at 4?

My understanding is that villas are assigned long before the day of arrival (2 weeks in advance, sometimes more). So the only thing your check in time would be affected by is whether or not the villa has been serviced yet. If the villa didnt get checked out of until right at 10 am, then it may not be ready for you to check INTO for several hours.

We try not to attempt to check in until at least 2 pm or so, as our villas have rarely been ready much sooner.

My understanding is that villas are assigned long before the day of arrival (2 weeks in advance, sometimes more). So the only thing your check in time would be affected by is whether or not the villa has been serviced yet. If the villa didnt get checked out of until right at 10 am, then it may not be ready for you to check INTO for several hours.

We try not to attempt to check in until at least 2 pm or so, as our villas have rarely been ready much sooner.
The only advice I would add to this for @PinkiexLi would be to not arrive TOO late however. Should you decide to hit the parks and arrive late evening, you may find that you do not get the unit you originally wanted. The reasoning here is that "issues" arise as the day goes on. Maintenance issues or special requests may come up as the day goes on, and this causes some rejigging of the assignments and since you have not yet arrived, your preferred unit may get reassigned to guest who is there and waiting.

Case in point, our last visit to the resort. We were swapping back into the resort via RCI, and did not contact the resort to request anything specific. DW and I are happy to accept a run-of-the resort assignment when we are not on our own week as it allows up to experience the different sections. However, when we arrived (pretty late ourselves I might add after a long drive down from Eastern Ontario), we found we had been assigned a lower in Courts. I casually asked if we could be moved to an Upper as that is what we actually owned. Well I guess we had not been tagged as owners as the staff bent over backwards to make that shift happen. Based on the amount of terminal tapping that occurred I am pretty sure that a couple of other assignments got 'rebalanced' to make our request happen. Funniest part is that we were placed in the unit right beside our own unit, but the floorplan is reversed. It was a week of nearly walking into walls as we kept turning left (or right) when we should have turned right (or left).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!