The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I received a 1 bedroom for 4 night stay + (15,000 points or $100 planet Hollywood gc) offer for $269, the fine print has no mention of attending a presentation. Does anyone have experience with such an offer? It seems like a good deal. Also the 1 bedroom sleeps 2 adult, 2 kids. Anyone try to do 2 adult & 3 small kids, do they crack down on this?

Thanks!
We did it two years ago.. we upgraded to the two bedroom just cause it was not much more I think 100... we had 7 people in the two bedroom (ds7 ds10 ds21 ds23 ds23 dd22)
they do not make you go to the presentation but they will keep asking and asking. We ended up going told them no then they asked if we wanted to book the same trip next year. So we went this year stayed in a one bedroom. I put my two older kids on an air mattress instead of the pull out bed in the living room. I cant see where it would be an issue with three kids.
You can also look on skyauction.com

We did it two years ago.. we upgraded to the two bedroom just cause it was not much more I think 100... we had 7 people in the two bedroom (ds7 ds10 ds21 ds23 ds23 dd22)
they do not make you go to the presentation but they will keep asking and asking. We ended up going told them no then they asked if we wanted to book the same trip next year. So we went this year stayed in a one bedroom. I put my two older kids on an air mattress instead of the pull out bed in the living room. I cant see where it would be an issue with three kids.
You can also look on skyauction.com
I’ve received a few of these offers in the past and always wondered what it was like. Thank you for the info!

I’ve received a few of these offers in the past and always wondered what it was like. Thank you for the info!
Yeah... it was scary at first just cause they were like money now. My DH was like its $300 in Disney money thats nothing just do it. That first year we did one day at the disney campgrounds just so we could have 60FP 7 magic bands and two days of free parking. I mentioned this once and some people said me too and a lot were mad at me. But all in all it was one of our best vacations. The kids really like the parties at night.
Smores night, karaoke, glow party.
I also picked vistana on Idrive its nicer in my opinion vs villages thats closerDisney

In case anyone is looking for Fall deals at the Sheraton Vistana, skyauction has some great ones. I keep getting emails from them, but you can find the info on their site.

Bid on a 1 bedroom unit starting at $375/week
Buy 1 bedroom unit starting at $399.99/week
Bid on a 2 bedroom unit starting at $399/week
Buy 2 bedroom unit starting at $424.99/week

Surcharges for certain dates in July, August, October and November. It looks like the whole month of September has the lowest rates.

I'm curious if anyone has stayed at the resort recently? Are they pools open, housekeeping, activities, etc?
Here is the current "official" word from Marriott/Vistana, although it does not appear to have changed in weeks:
https://hub.vacationclub.com/resort-updates/?cid=intrnl-vistana-covid-19-property-updates (search "Vistana Resort" for specific information on SVR).

Vistana said:
Resort Status: Open with limited amenities and services currently in place.
The Cascades Pool and Fitness Center are open with social distancing limitations. The other pools and fitness centers remain closed until further notice.
The tennis courts, basketball courts and playgrounds in the Cascades Association are open with social distancing requirements.
Current Amenity & Service Status:
Open/Available

• Concierge
  • Jogging Path
Open/Social Distancing Required
  • BBQ Grills
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool Chairs
  • Pool(s)
  • Poolside Cabanas
  • Sports Courts/Playgrounds

Closed/Unavailable
  • Activities (On-Site)
  • Activity Center
  • Bicycle Rentals
  • Fitness Classes
  • Hot Tub(s)/Spa(s)
  • Housekeeping (Daily)
  • Kid’s Club
  • Mini-Golf Course
  • Movie Theater
  • On-Site Convenience Store
  • On-Site Restaurant
  • Pool Bar/Grille
  • Spa Services
  • Steam Room/Sauna
  • Valet

Note that I had read elsewhere that there are no mid-week tidies as well. Cleaning/maintenance staff will only be in your unit after you depart, unless to deal with a specific issue. You can call housekeeping for supplies if you run low.

Information on new cleaning protocols can be found at https://clean.vistana.com/?cid=intrnl-vistana-banner-clean

I am guessing here, but I expect resort occupancy is quite low, and that more pools will open up as more guests start staying. It is a lot of effort to keep the areas sanitary, so they are likely focusing the efforts in one area as long as social distancing can be maintained.

Have not seen any posts for people who were staying or planning in the very near future, but perhaps someone will weigh in. If you go, PLEASE report back here what your experience is to help others!

Here is the current "official" word from Marriott/Vistana, although it does not appear to have changed in weeks:
https://hub.vacationclub.com/resort-updates/?cid=intrnl-vistana-covid-19-property-updates (search "Vistana Resort" for specific information on SVR).

Note that I had read elsewhere that there are no mid-week tidies as well. Cleaning/maintenance staff will only be in your unit after you depart, unless to deal with a specific issue. You can call housekeeping for supplies if you run low.

Information on new cleaning protocols can be found at https://clean.vistana.com/?cid=intrnl-vistana-banner-clean

I am guessing here, but I expect resort occupancy is quite low, and that more pools will open up as more guests start staying. It is a lot of effort to keep the areas sanitary, so they are likely focusing the efforts in one area as long as social distancing can be maintained.

Have not seen any posts for people who were staying or planning in the very near future, but perhaps someone will weigh in. If you go, PLEASE report back here what your experience is to help others!
Thank you! Planning on staying for the 4th even if we don't go to the parks...I thought more would be open so close to the date of the parks opening....

I’m wondering how things are with covid restrictions. We are supposed to go in September.

Good idea to ask, but might get her attention if you actually tag @jojo0612. She will get a notification if she is watching her feed.
Here now. Only super pool and cascade pool open. The Cascade pool was busy yesterday - no social distancing at all. Super pool very quiet. No activities, but we already knew that. For the most part the resort is very quiet. Very strange since mostly everything closes early.

Are there resort fees or parking fees here? We are looking for an offsite hotel 9/27-10/6 and we are going to WDW for 7 days. At this point I am realizing that we will have to rent a car or uber to the parks since no shuttles on weekdays at most hotels. So many different places to stay and my head is starting to spin. o_O

Are there resort fees or parking fees here? We are looking for an offsite hotel 9/27-10/6 and we are going to WDW for 7 days. At this point I am realizing that we will have to rent a car or uber to the parks since no shuttles on weekdays at most hotels. So many different places to stay and my head is starting to spin. o_O
No additional resort or parking fees at Vistana. There are a few things that are a nominal extra charge; bikes and mini-golf (currently available) and some activities (currently suspended).
A great destination for offsite. Not sure what the status is for the shuttles, will post back if I can find it. The general resort status can be found at https://hub.vacationclub.com/resort-updates/

Ugh. We are at SVR for 2 weeks, 9/19-10/3.
I need to extra nights, the 3rd and 4th, before leaving for auto train on the 5th.
the Vistana is completely booked those 2 nights. Anyone know any tricks to unlocking availability?

Ugh. We are at SVR for 2 weeks, 9/19-10/3.
I need to extra nights, the 3rd and 4th, before leaving for auto train on the 5th.
the Vistana is completely booked those 2 nights. Anyone know any tricks to unlocking availability?
I believe that Vistana is not offering as hotel stays at the moment. The resort is only open to owners and exchangers. Checking on RCI I can see lots of WEEKS availability for your dates, heavily discounted as well ($75.00/nt plus fees) indicating that it is not busy as well.

My best suggestion would be to post a "wanted" ad on the TUG website. A points owner can probably exchange you in for a partial week for a reasonable amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!