The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I have (7) units booked at Vistana for the same week through Interval. There are two confirmation numbers listed on the Interval Guest certificates. Does anyone know which confirmation I use for the Diamond Lane form? We're having a family reunion and we of course would all like to stay in the same building or at least in buildings near each other if possible. Do you think it would be better to call the resort directly with our requests or should we just trust the Diamond Lane process to work and hope for the best?
So not sure which number to use. We trade in RCI and confirmation numbers aren't provided; the linking is done through the RCI member number.

My advice would be to provide as much information as available and will fit. Start with Diamond Lane process. I would be surprised if the resort doesn't reach out to you or provide you with a contact in their response when you try to link 7 reservations. Keep in mind that the resort does not actually get your reservations from II until a couple of weeks before occupancy date. They will be pretty non-committal until they can see what their occupancy level looks like. If you haven't heard from the resort at all by a bit under 2 weeks out, give them a call to verify.

I have (7) units booked at Vistana for the same week through Interval. There are two confirmation numbers listed on the Interval Guest certificates. Does anyone know which confirmation I use for the Diamond Lane form? We're having a family reunion and we of course would all like to stay in the same building or at least in buildings near each other if possible. Do you think it would be better to call the resort directly with our requests or should we just trust the Diamond Lane process to work and hope for the best?

I think you're referring to the confirmation # and the reservation #. You want to put the reservation number.

We arrive at SVR a week from today. We have stayed in the courts section many years ago (2008-2009?) We did an RCI exchange with a relatives SVR timeshare week (basically we traded a may week for Oct. week). I just found this thread and tried searching what the Diamond Lane is but couldn't find an answer. Is it like a speedier check in process? We aren't picky about which section they put us in etc - we check in on Sat. so I gather that matters as to which sections we are eligible for. What do we need to know?

Edited to add: I did find and complete the diamond lane form but as a pp stated RCI doesn't give a reservation number....well doesn't hurt to try - maybe they will call us.

Last edited:
We arrive at SVR a week from today. We have stayed in the courts section many years ago (2008-2009?) We did an RCI exchange with a relatives SVR timeshare week (basically we traded a may week for Oct. week). I just found this thread and tried searching what the Diamond Lane is but couldn't find an answer. Is it like a speedier check in process? We aren't picky about which section they put us in etc - we check in on Sat. so I gather that matters as to which sections we are eligible for. What do we need to know?

Edited to add: I did find and complete the diamond lane form but as a pp stated RCI doesn't give a reservation number....well doesn't hurt to try - maybe they will call us.
Effectively the Diamond Lane provides the resort your confirmation that you will be arriving, and they will set aside a villa in advance for you. The DL form allows you to note special requests (at least on the owner site), and you generally get a confirmation back from the resort, possibly with a personal contact to confirm details. When you arrive, your keys will generally be prepared, and the checkin process is a little bit quicker.
When you arrive at the resort, you can use the "Diamond Lane" desk for checkin. But, you don't have to if it appears that it will actually be slower than the main desk line. This may have changed since our last DL checkin, as the process has been modified a bit in the last couple of years since the reception centre got a makeover. Regular contributor @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina might provide a more current routine; I know they have done this more recently than I have. Our last trip arrival was at midnight (DL closed), prior trip to that, DL was suspended by the renovations, so it has been a while.

Effectively the Diamond Lane provides the resort your confirmation that you will be arriving, and they will set aside a villa in advance for you. The DL form allows you to note special requests (at least on the owner site), and you generally get a confirmation back from the resort, possibly with a personal contact to confirm details. When you arrive, your keys will generally be prepared, and the checkin process is a little bit quicker.
When you arrive at the resort, you can use the "Diamond Lane" desk for checkin. But, you don't have to if it appears that it will actually be slower than the main desk line. This may have changed since our last DL checkin, as the process has been modified a bit in the last couple of years since the reception centre got a makeover. Regular contributor @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina might provide a more current routine; I know they have done this more recently than I have. Our last trip arrival was at midnight (DL closed), prior trip to that, DL was suspended by the renovations, so it has been a while.

@bankr63 has given you perfect advice. Send in the Diamond Lane form, and you *should* be contacted by a Diamond Lane co-ordinator. This is what has happened for us for all of our most recent stays, and also for my son (who just returned home from his week at SVR yesterday).

Here is the exact message received in advance of my son's resort stay this month:

Reservation #XXXXXX

Dear B--- Family,

My name is Jennifer and I am the Pre-Arrival/Diamond Lane coordinator. I would like to personally thank you for using the Diamond Lane Express check-in service, exclusive to Sheraton Vistana Resort! When you arrive to the lobby to check in, please use the line on the left-hand side of the lobby. This line is designated for our Diamond Lane guests.

Your feedback motivates us to provide you with an extraordinary experience here in Orlando. Please remember to share your valued thoughts about your stay with us on Tripadvisor. If you require any more information or if you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you would like to place a pre-stock order prior to your arrival, please visit our website at https://owner.vistana.com/services/genstore_categories.jsp?propertyId=01&shoppingTypeId=1 to place your order or you can call the Market Place Team at407-239-3399 and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Vistana Resort as your vacation destination! We look forward to welcoming you home!

Warm Regards,

JENNIFER BRAVO
Pre-Arrival/ Diamond Lane Coordinator
D 407 239 3580 T 407 239 3100 F 407 239 3111

Once the Diamond Lane form was submitted, it is usually within 2 days that an email is received from an SVR staff member....then you can message back and forth, as you see fit, in regards to special requests or other needs. We have always found them to be very responsive and accommodating.

I also have Jennifer's email address, if anyone needs it. Just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Once at the resort, definitely use the Diamond Lane line to check in if you can. It's almost always much quicker to do so, and you'll be on your way to your villa that much sooner.

Thank you Bankr63 and Gina Gina... I got my email today - incidentally from the same rep quoted above. I figure any chance at faster check-in is worth it!!!

Booked a 1Br, requested 1BR with jetted tub in bedroom.... Before I booked I Was told that limited rooms have jetted tub in the bedroom when it is a 1br but it can be accommodated.

What section am I looking into? Is it possible to get lake view, balcony and jetted tub in 1br? (being selfish)

The 1BR units are all in Cascades and Lakes. The jetted tub in the bedroom and the balcony actually go hand-in-hand. They are both in the larger (premium) half of the 2BR Lockoff units. The smaller side of those villas have a standard tub and generally do not have a balcony. So the distribution is just about 50-50 chance. You can be very confident of a "lake" (pond) view in both sections. There is only one building in each section that does not have the pond view, with both of those buildings overlooking a pool.

@bankr63 has given you perfect advice. Send in the Diamond Lane form, and you *should* be contacted by a Diamond Lane co-ordinator. This is what has happened for us for all of our most recent stays, and also for my son (who just returned home from his week at SVR yesterday).

Here is the exact message received in advance of my son's resort stay this month:

Reservation #XXXXXX

Dear B--- Family,

My name is Jennifer and I am the Pre-Arrival/Diamond Lane coordinator. I would like to personally thank you for using the Diamond Lane Express check-in service, exclusive to Sheraton Vistana Resort! When you arrive to the lobby to check in, please use the line on the left-hand side of the lobby. This line is designated for our Diamond Lane guests.

Your feedback motivates us to provide you with an extraordinary experience here in Orlando. Please remember to share your valued thoughts about your stay with us on Tripadvisor. If you require any more information or if you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you would like to place a pre-stock order prior to your arrival, please visit our website at https://owner.vistana.com/services/genstore_categories.jsp?propertyId=01&shoppingTypeId=1 to place your order or you can call the Market Place Team at407-239-3399 and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Vistana Resort as your vacation destination! We look forward to welcoming you home!

Warm Regards,

JENNIFER BRAVO
Pre-Arrival/ Diamond Lane Coordinator
D 407 239 3580 T 407 239 3100 F 407 239 3111

Once the Diamond Lane form was submitted, it is usually within 2 days that an email is received from an SVR staff member....then you can message back and forth, as you see fit, in regards to special requests or other needs. We have always found them to be very responsive and accommodating.

I also have Jennifer's email address, if anyone needs it. Just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Once at the resort, definitely use the Diamond Lane line to check in if you can. It's almost always much quicker to do so, and you'll be on your way to your villa that much sooner.

Hi Gina
I tried to send you a PM, but I couldn't work out how to do it on my phone. Could you please give me Jennifer's email address?
I sent in the Diamond Lane form a couple of weeks ago for our check in on Friday but didn't get a reply, so I thought I'd try to contact her directly.
Cheers

Looking for some advice. I actually own at Vistana (bought through resale) and have used the timeshare twice. When booking my 2018 vacation, I have two options. 2 Bedroom Unit at Cascades or Lakes. Anyone know the following:

Which sections were updated the most recent of those two?

Do any of these sections offer a lock-off unit?

Does any of these sections offer a full size washer & dryer?

Since we will be visiting Disney most of our time, we are not concerned with noise, closeness to amenities, etc. We want a fairly "new" room that has some of the items I listed above.

Any info would be appreciated.

Looking for some advice. I actually own at Vistana (bought through resale) and have used the timeshare twice. When booking my 2018 vacation, I have two options. 2 Bedroom Unit at Cascades or Lakes. Anyone know the following:

Which sections were updated the most recent of those two?

Do any of these sections offer a lock-off unit?

Does any of these sections offer a full size washer & dryer?

Since we will be visiting Disney most of our time, we are not concerned with noise, closeness to amenities, etc. We want a fairly "new" room that has some of the items I listed above.

Any info would be appreciated.
There is really little difference between the two. When Vistana refurbished the entire resort a handful of years ago, they did it newest to oldest. Since Lakes and Cascades are the two newest sections, their renovations completed within a couple of months of each other. (I no longer recall which completed first.) The resort has been very good about keeping to a revised maintenance plan to prevent the kind of major overhaul that was required, so there are regular refreshes of such things as soft surfaces and paint. I highly doubt there are discernible differences between the two sections, and the building configurations are very similar.

Both sections have 2BR lockoff configurations. Again, the building layouts are very similar between the two. The smaller 1BR side of the lockoff in Lakes does have a smaller kitchen, and does not offer an oven (cooktop and microwave only for cooking); the similar unit in Cascades still has a full kitchen with smaller apartment appliances.

No section have what I would consider "full size" (i.e. heavy duty) washer and dryer. They are all the slightly smaller stackable units, often called apartment sized. They probably have about 2/3 the capacity of your home laundry. Personally we are usually only doing a couple of days of park clothes at a time, and you don't have to wash sheets or towels at all.

For me the biggest differentiator between these two sections would be the "side" of the resort. The south side of the resort (Cascades) has a busier feel and offers more of the amenities (marketplace, restaurants, mini-putt, tennis, weekly market). The north side (Lakes) has a slightly quieter vibe, but has a nicer bar area (Tacky Tiki) a quick service food option (although none of the resort food is particularly fast), and according to @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina the best Spa area for after park relaxation, hidden up behind the waterfall. Take a look at the resort map (link on page one of this thread) and figure out which amenities you might use. That would be your best guide to which one to request.

There is really little difference between the two. When Vistana refurbished the entire resort a handful of years ago, they did it newest to oldest. Since Lakes and Cascades are the two newest sections, their renovations completed within a couple of months of each other. (I no longer recall which completed first.) The resort has been very good about keeping to a revised maintenance plan to prevent the kind of major overhaul that was required, so there are regular refreshes of such things as soft surfaces and paint. I highly doubt there are discernible differences between the two sections, and the building configurations are very similar.

Both sections have 2BR lockoff configurations. Again, the building layouts are very similar between the two. The smaller 1BR side of the lockoff in Lakes does have a smaller kitchen, and does not offer an oven (cooktop and microwave only for cooking); the similar unit in Cascades still has a full kitchen with smaller apartment appliances.

No section have what I would consider "full size" (i.e. heavy duty) washer and dryer. They are all the slightly smaller stackable units, often called apartment sized. They probably have about 2/3 the capacity of your home laundry. Personally we are usually only doing a couple of days of park clothes at a time, and you don't have to wash sheets or towels at all.

For me the biggest differentiator between these two sections would be the "side" of the resort. The south side of the resort (Cascades) has a busier feel and offers more of the amenities (marketplace, restaurants, mini-putt, tennis, weekly market). The north side (Lakes) has a slightly quieter vibe, but has a nicer bar area (Tacky Tiki) a quick service food option (although none of the resort food is particularly fast), and according to @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina the best Spa area for after park relaxation, hidden up behind the waterfall. Take a look at the resort map (link on page one of this thread) and figure out which amenities you might use. That would be your best guide to which one to request.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll end up locking in the Lakes building. The rooms appear to be slightly larger.

Ah, the Fountains hot tubs :cloud9:. My happy place. And I'm down to just 11 days until we arrive for our next stay :banana:. A little worried about the weather after the wild storms of the last month, but still can't wait to be sipping something fruity from a monkey coconut while soaking away my worries under the stars.

Another question for you folks. As a reminder, we are an owner at Vistana.

We only need a 4 night stay for our trip in May. Because I only need 4 nights, I have the ability to use my 4 nights now and another 3 nights later on in 2018 using the Owners Portal.

However, I cannot book the 4 night stay until February. Since I am a planner, I like to lock things in now. Is is usually sold out for these shorter stays once the reservations open up. Or is it usually available? My 4 nights in May is during Memorial Day Weekend, if that matters.

Another question for you folks. As a reminder, we are an owner at Vistana.

We only need a 4 night stay for our trip in May. Because I only need 4 nights, I have the ability to use my 4 nights now and another 3 nights later on in 2018 using the Owners Portal.

However, I cannot book the 4 night stay until February. Since I am a planner, I like to lock things in now. Is is usually sold out for these shorter stays once the reservations open up. Or is it usually available? My 4 nights in May is during Memorial Day Weekend, if that matters.
Tough one for me to answer directly as I don't have experience with this - our ownership is quite different from yours as we have a deeded week. My only options are to use my week, or trade it. @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina might know, as her ownership is closer to your type.

My best suggestion would be to ask your question on the Timeshare User Group forums (www.tug2.net). They have a Vistana area where many owners will be able to see your question and comment. An answer there though may be more "Vistana System-wide" than Vistana Resort related; I find most of the regulars on that forum seem to own in Hawaii.

My gut feeling is that it will be very difficult to get a short stay on a long weekend at the very start of summer; but that's just because it sounds improbable to me that any availability will still be there by February.

Tough one for me to answer directly as I don't have experience with this - our ownership is quite different from yours as we have a deeded week. My only options are to use my week, or trade it. @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina might know, as her ownership is closer to your type.

My best suggestion would be to ask your question on the Timeshare User Group forums (www.tug2.net). They have a Vistana area where many owners will be able to see your question and comment. An answer there though may be more "Vistana System-wide" than Vistana Resort related; I find most of the regulars on that forum seem to own in Hawaii.

My gut feeling is that it will be very difficult to get a short stay on a long weekend at the very start of summer; but that's just because it sounds improbable to me that any availability will still be there by February.

I wish I could provide any additional insight over and above what you have expertly done, but I'm afraid my ownership is very close to yours. Ours is considered a deeded week as well, with the option to float; so, we still have to use a week at a time (unless we pay big $$$$ to upgrade to the new platform, which we will absolutely NOT be doing in the foreseeable future) and still must adhere to the Friday/Saturday/Sunday check-in days. We have somewhat more flexibility over your ownership style, but not enough to allow us to break up our days into multiple shorter stays.

We are officially down to one week until we return to our favourite place in the USA! Just hoping now for no hurricanes or other severe weather.....it's been a crazy, crazy late summer/early fall.

Hello

Which section is the blow up slide located in?
How much does it cost to us?
Also which sections has more 1 bedrooms with a balcony?

Thanks

Hello

Which section is the blow up slide located in?
How much does it cost to us?
Also which sections has more 1 bedrooms with a balcony?

Thanks

The blow up slide was removed several years ago. Our first stay at SVR was in 2013 (I think) and it was gone then; not sure exactly when it was discontinued. There is a small slide at the Falls pool, and then the playground slides located throughout the resort.

The sections with one bedroom villas are Lakes and Cascades. Cascades has more buildings, so I would suspect that it would have a greater number of one bedrooms with balconies just based on that alone. But, both sections will have them (they are the larger side of a two bedroom lock-off).

What is the size of the standard 1 bedroom?
On the website it was saying 325 sq feet?
Is this right?

A one bedroom standard villa in Cascades is listed as 471 square feet:

https://www.vistana.com/destination...one-bedroom-villacascades-two-bedroom-lockoff

A one bedroom premium villa in Cascades is 855 square feet:

https://www.vistana.com/destination...oom-premium-villacascades-two-bedroom-lockoff

Lakes one bedroom villas are slightly larger, but not by much. The one bedroom standard is 480 square feet:

https://www.vistana.com/destination...00#one-bedroom-villalakes-two-bedroom-lockoff

And, the Lakes one bedroom premium is 920 square feet:

https://www.vistana.com/destination...edroom-premium-villalakes-two-bedroom-lockoff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!