The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Ok studying the Vistana website and all the different room variations, it appears that since our reservation is for a 1025 sq foot villa that has 2 dbl in 2nd bedroom, that Cascades seems to be the phase that fits.

Ya think maybe? Anything we need to know about Cascades?

I have another question...we're packing. What kind of coffee makers are in the room? We tend to get to a villa and need to buy filters, therefore we have a cupboard full of filters!

Ok studying the Vistana website and all the different room variations, it appears that since our reservation is for a 1025 sq foot villa that has 2 dbl in 2nd bedroom, that Cascades seems to be the phase that fits.

Ya think maybe? Anything we need to know about Cascades?
Yes, maybe.

The newer units are generally the smaller units, so 1025 (minimum) covers most 2BR units in the resort. For simplicity, Vistana tends towards the lowest common denominator on all units; people rarely complain when given MORE than the baseline in the reservation. But Lakes and Cascades are the two newest sections, with the highest density and number of units, so odds are always better that you will be in one of these two sections. Anyone with a 1BR reservation will always be in one of these two sections; they are the only two sections with the smaller villas.

If you are in Cascades, you will have elevators so stairs are not an issue like other sections. Shoot for an top floor unit to take advantage of the skylights; more light and airy. The buildings are full concrete, so less noise from your neighbors; but many more neighbors, and one loud party can still spoil the block. Because of the high density, parking starts to be a problem. If you are returning late from the parks expect to spend a few minutes looking for a spot and expect a bit a walk back to your building (but you DO have an elevator to get you to your floor). Cascades actually has very few poorly located buildings for noise, although a couple back onto a pool with late hours. Cascades is fairly central in the resort, so access to all amenities is pretty good.

Have a great trip.

I have another question...we're packing. What kind of coffee makers are in the room? We tend to get to a villa and need to buy filters, therefore we have a cupboard full of filters!
Last time I checked they were still standard basket filters. I'm pretty sure they had a permanent filter last time as well, but we used to carry our own filters; we bought a 200 pack on our first trip and brought 20 or so back each trip. The resort does provide a couple of starter packs of Starbucks to get you going. I sound a little wishy-washy on this answer because we have been driving down for a few years, and we bring our own French press, coffee beans, and coffee grinder along with us. As coffee snobs, we have to keep our priorities straight ;)

Happy Friday everyone! We just booked a one bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana resort after much researching. It will be just DH and myself this trip as we are attending a wedding for my cousin.

Since I'm new to this resort - can someone help with a building recommendation? When booking through the Sheraton website, it asked for requests and I had no idea! I just listed "higher floor with view of pool or water".

Can anyone help with a recommendation? We will have a rental so we do not necessarily need to be close to the main building, but we would like to be somewhat close to a nice pool/pool bar area.

Any info you can provide would be super helpful!

Also, in the one bedroom villa's, are there windows in the living room (balcony?) and the bedroom? Or is it just one?

thanks!

Jacki

I wouldn't generally recommend individual buildings at Vistana; there are just too many to get specific, and your choice is limited by the day you arrive or depart. With a one bedroom, you can only be in Lakes or Cascades sections. Both have great pools and dining very nearby and are well located.

The configuration of the villas changes based on the size of the unit and where it is located in the building. The smaller 1BR units (smaller half of LO) do not have a balcony and will have 1-3 windows. The larger 1BR (larger half of LO) have a balcony and 1-3 windows as well.

For a look at the floorplans follow the link on post #2 of this thread.

We are arriving on the 15th and I would like to have a package shipped to the resort (we are coming from out of country and some things we can't get shipped home easily). Has anyone had experience with shipping a package to the hotel and have any suggestions/guidelines on where to start? thanks.

I wouldn't generally recommend individual buildings at Vistana; there are just too many to get specific, and your choice is limited by the day you arrive or depart. With a one bedroom, you can only be in Lakes or Cascades sections. Both have great pools and dining very nearby and are well located.

The configuration of the villas changes based on the size of the unit and where it is located in the building. The smaller 1BR units (smaller half of LO) do not have a balcony and will have 1-3 windows. The larger 1BR (larger half of LO) have a balcony and 1-3 windows as well.

For a look at the floorplans follow the link on post #2 of this thread.

Thank you!!!

We are arriving on the 15th and I would like to have a package shipped to the resort (we are coming from out of country and some things we can't get shipped home easily). Has anyone had experience with shipping a package to the hotel and have any suggestions/guidelines on where to start? thanks.
Yes it is certainly possible and there are several reports on the thread here of those doing so. There is a fee involved. Here is the published policy:
As a courtesy, we will accept and store USPS letters and flat UPS, FedEx and DHL envelopes free of charge. Owners and guests will be informed that handling fees apply for receiving packages. A fee of $10 per package up to 10 lbs. applies to all Owners and guests. For packages over 10 lbs., $1 per pound applies up to a max of $25. For additional information, please contact the resort directly.

The parcel fee is not entirely out of line. I use a package handling service in upper NY state (myusaddress.com) that charges $5 per package, although with a higher weight limit. You can ship to the resort address, but be sure to use the correct name that matches your reservation, and if possible, add your reservation number or RCI/II member number to the address.

If you are ordering from Amazon, be sure to click the "minimize number of shipments" box in the shipping details so they pack as many things into a single package, this can delay shipment for a day or two. You may still get a couple of packages from a single order if they are coming from different warehouses; be prepared for the upcharges.

Is Diamond Lane still a thing?
Yes, sort of. I think it may be making a slow fade to black as a service.

The link and form are still up on the Vistana site, but there is no longer a place to enter special requests on the form. You enter your phone number and hope they call you back. It is still supposed to get you a jump start on checkin, and your villa should be ready before other non-DL requests. I didn't see much advantage on our last trip, and they never acknowledged that I sent in the form (BUT the front desk staff was phenomenal and accommodating when we did pull in around 10pm on our arrival date). @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is there right now; wouldn't mind hearing about her experience this year with DL when she returns, or maybe she can pump someone at the front desk for the real grit if the opportunity presents.

Yes it is certainly possible and there are several reports on the thread here of those doing so. There is a fee involved. Here is the published policy:

The parcel fee is not entirely out of line. I use a package handling service in upper NY state (myusaddress.com) that charges $5 per package, although with a higher weight limit. You can ship to the resort address, but be sure to use the correct name that matches your reservation, and if possible, add your reservation number or RCI/II member number to the address.

If you are ordering from Amazon, be sure to click the "minimize number of shipments" box in the shipping details so they pack as many things into a single package, this can delay shipment for a day or two. You may still get a couple of packages from a single order if they are coming from different warehouses; be prepared for the upcharges.

thanks so much! I agree it is reasonable to expect to pay for the service.

Hello! I am new in this forum writing from Argentina. Firs of all, thanks for all the info, the forum is great! I need your help since I have just made a reservartion through time share for 10 nights in the sheraton Vistana Resort. It is for 6 sleeps/maximum of 8 and we are checking in a Monday. We are only 3, my husband and my 1 year old baby. Which is the newest building and best location I can request? (I think I would prefer the buildings with elevator and closer to the pool). Is it possible to request a crib for my baby? Thanks a lot for your help! Regards, Romi

Yes, sort of. I think it may be making a slow fade to black as a service.

The link and form are still up on the Vistana site, but there is no longer a place to enter special requests on the form. You enter your phone number and hope they call you back. It is still supposed to get you a jump start on checkin, and your villa should be ready before other non-DL requests. I didn't see much advantage on our last trip, and they never acknowledged that I sent in the form (BUT the front desk staff was phenomenal and accommodating when we did pull in around 10pm on our arrival date). @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is there right now; wouldn't mind hearing about her experience this year with DL when she returns, or maybe she can pump someone at the front desk for the real grit if the opportunity presents.

I am so sorry.......been off the boards all week, and am just seeing this now (as we sit at the airport, readying to return home).

We did not use diamond lane this time around (particularly as it's functionality is sorely diminished with no ability to add in villa requests). We did, however, direct email the pre arrival coordinator, Jennifer Bravo, two weeks before our arrival day and submit our requests to her directly. She responded within 48 hours and honored both of our specific requests (top floor, close to the pool).

When we checked in on May 4th, we saw no one use the diamond lane line. In fact, we saw no one use that line all week, and happened to be at the Welcome center on multiple occasions (for variety of reasons).

I suspect @bankr63 might be right in his assessment that the option might be getting phased out.

I am so sorry.......been off the boards all week, and am just seeing this now (as we sit at the airport, readying to return home).

We did not use diamond lane this time around (particularly as it's functionality is sorely diminished with no ability to add in villa requests). We did, however, direct email the pre arrival coordinator, Jennifer Bravo, two weeks before our arrival day and submit our requests to her directly. She responded within 48 hours and honored both of our specific requests (top floor, close to the pool).

When we checked in on May 4th, we saw no one use the diamond lane line. In fact, we saw no one use that line all week, and happened to be at the Welcome center on multiple occasions (for variety of reasons).

I suspect @bankr63 might be right in his assessment that the option might be getting phased out.
Thanks for the intel! :)

Hello! I am new in this forum writing from Argentina. Firs of all, thanks for all the info, the forum is great! I need your help since I have just made a reservartion through time share for 10 nights in the sheraton Vistana Resort. It is for 6 sleeps/maximum of 8 and we are checking in a Monday. We are only 3, my husband and my 1 year old baby. Which is the newest building and best location I can request? (I think I would prefer the buildings with elevator and closer to the pool). Is it possible to request a crib for my baby? Thanks a lot for your help! Regards, Romi
Hi Romi, you will love Vistana! We travelled to Florida with my daughter at 10 months old and it was a spectacular trip!

Yes you can request a crib. You may also be able to request a highchair.

I loved “a baby’s best friend” for other needs- we have rented strollers, baby monitors, and other items from them. They made the trip much easier. They deliver right to the hotel which will hold the items for you at the concierge, and then they pick up at the same place.

I think all sections of the Vistana are pretty fabulous, and it is very easy to get around. At that age we really liked the Falls section- was very quiet and peaceful.

Have a great trip!

Hi Romi, and :welcome:to the DISboards!

As far as the sections go, with a ten day stay and both your arrival and departure days out of sync with the normal Fri/Sat/Sun, it's a bit of a guess as to where they might put you. But if you want elevators, I would ask for Lakes or Cascades, and if being close to the pool matters, then Lakes is better. These are the two newest build sections of the resort, however in the major refurbishment of the resort a few years ago, they were the first sections to get done, so in some ways the oldest (built) sections are the newest (decoration). All sections of the resort are kept up to a very high standard, so it is hard to go wrong anywhere in the resort.

I am here now, after my DVC stay. Bring clorox wipes! It could be that we are stuck inside more due to the rain this week, but I am noticing some areas that could be cleaner. Also be prepared to wash all the dishes and wipe the inside of the cabinets and in the bathrooms when you arrive.
I've also seen a few bugs. I do realize it is wet outside. I won't be back. And I have stayed here 4x previously without issue.

We left here yesterday and didn’t not have the same experience as the previous poster. Our unit in the Fountains section was clean and there were no bugs. I’ll write more later about our stay, but I just wanted to comment quickly that we did not have the same experience with bugs or cleanliness.

We left here yesterday and didn’t not have the same experience as the previous poster. Our unit in the Fountains section was clean and there were no bugs. I’ll write more later about our stay, but I just wanted to comment quickly that we did not have the same experience with bugs or cleanliness.
Well we were on the ground floor in fountains II. The room was quite humid and there was mildew. Our clothes were very damp. As well as bugs.I'm trying to attach a photo but I'm not.sure how to shrink it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter