The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thats a good price, they range from 150 to 200 a night, how many nights are you staying you may get a better rate for more days. Check out skyauction.com vacation rentals

We love this place i will never stay anywhere else. Read some of this thread its all correct,
It is a vacation club, when you book direct you dont have to go to meetings, but they will ask you and then ask you again. But you can say no..i dont want your 100 planet holleywood gift card no thank you to your visa card ..etc. i did say yes to skipping maid service for free $30 credit at the store/restaurant
I wanted to add costco vacations has good prices as well.

Im not sure if I’m posting on the correct thread or not but was thinking of staying at the Sheraton Vistana Village. The rooms are going for $131/night for a 1BR. I have never really priced it out before. What is the average? Is this good price? Any other fees I should know about?
Hi @MarBee ,

Just to be clear that you are referring to the slightly smaller sister property Sheraton Vistana Villages on International Drive. This thread is related to the Sheraton Vistana Resort. The two resorts are very similar in price, quality, and amenities so much of what you read here will apply to SVV as well. There is a separate thread here in the hotels review section on SVV, but it is not as active as this one, so feel free to post questions here as well.

Hi @MarBee ,

Just to be clear that you are referring to the slightly smaller sister property Sheraton Vistana Villages on International Drive. This thread is related to the Sheraton Vistana Resort. The two resorts are very similar in price, quality, and amenities so much of what you read here will apply to SVV as well. There is a separate thread here in the hotels review section on SVV, but it is not as active as this one, so feel free to post questions here as well.
Thank you! I was confused! Even reviews on TripAdvisor show pics from both properties so I was definitely confused :)

Are there resort or parking fees at both properties?

Thank you! I was confused! Even reviews on TripAdvisor show pics from both properties so I was definitely confused :)

Are there resort or parking fees at both properties?

We've booked SVR twice through Interval (timeshare co.) and once through Skyauction and never been charged a resort or parking fee. Wifi is also free, but I think its a basic package.

SVR does place a $50 hold on your credit card to cover anything you charge to your room during your stay and you get the money back if you don't use it. But they will give you a card to use to charge to your room. It's convenient and we use it while at the pools....especially to grab an adult beverage!

Seeing the pictures Gina posted has given me the bug to go again! We love both the Fountains and Lakes sections and the pictures are making me "homesick".

Hi there! We're staying at the Sheraton Vistana for the first time starting next Saturday the 15th. I booked directly through Marriott's website. We'll be there 1 week in a 2 bedroom. Any tips for me about if I should pre-request any specific room location/floor? We're a family of 4 and will have 2 kids (aged 5 & 7). We also have our car, but it will be nice if we don't have to drive for the kids to enjoy the pool. I admit that I haven't gone back to read almost all the 100 pages in this thread, so I do apologize if it's a question that has been asked many times.

No resort fees are required. Sheraton does charge for a few upgrades if you want them. Regular wi-fi is free, but there is a premium service available at extra cost (not worth it IMO, regular works fine for casual browsing). Some Fun-Team activities have an additional charge as does the mini-putt (at SVR). That's about it though.

@SilSprBea I honestly don't think there are any bad locations in the resort, and I still don't understand people who say they needed to drive to a pool in the resort. I just measured it in Google maps and it is about 400m/1200ft from the absolute most remote villa to the nearest major pool. By comparison, a parking row in the Magic Kingdom parking lot is about 200m/600ft long, so about as long as walking to and from the tram at Disney maximum - most villas are MUCH closer to a pool (within 150m/450ft., a short walk). I can't imagine getting into my car to travel that distance.

Short of it is, I wouldn't worry, but ask for a location close to major pool if that is important to you. The best pools for your ages are probably Cascades and Lakes, but the slide at the Falls pool might be pretty popular too. Of the 7 pools in the resort, I would consider 3 to be major and 3 to be minor. I actually lump the Lakes and Fountains pools together as one major as they are either side of a central recreation building.

Hi there,
I stayed at the SVR last summer and loved the two bedroom suite. I was able to benefit from a 40% discount from MouseSavers.com
Unfortunately, this resort is not listed anymore in MouseSavers.com.
Can you please recommend me some websites / tips to find deals or promotional codes for this resort?
I’m planning to stay at the SVR for 9 nights in early August.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi there,
I stayed at the SVR last summer and loved the two bedroom suite. I was able to benefit from a 40% discount from MouseSavers.com
Unfortunately, this resort is not listed anymore in MouseSavers.com.
Can you please recommend me some websites / tips to find deals or promotional codes for this resort?
I’m planning to stay at the SVR for 9 nights in early August.

Thank you so much for your help!
Since you are looking for 9 nights, I would probably start with Dreams Unlimited Travel. They sponsor this forum and their ad is always running at the top of this page. They often have discount rates going for Vistana.

You can also look at skyauction.com for a good deal, but watch the fine print and understand if there are surcharges for your dates. Skyauction only offers 7-night stays generally, so you would likely have to purchase the extra 2 nights from Sheraton/Marriott directly or through a TA. Vistana will usually do the best to keep you in the same unit throughout if you link up the reservations by contacting the resort a couple of weeks before arrival.

You might also look to Timeshare User Group or Redweek where you can rent a villa directly from a timeshare owner. Again, usually only for 7-nights however as most timeshares are sold as 1-week intervals.

Since you are looking for 9 nights, I would probably start with Dreams Unlimited Travel. They sponsor this forum and their ad is always running at the top of this page. They often have discount rates going for Vistana.

You can also look at skyauction.com for a good deal, but watch the fine print and understand if there are surcharges for your dates. Skyauction only offers 7-night stays generally, so you would likely have to purchase the extra 2 nights from Sheraton/Marriott directly or through a TA. Vistana will usually do the best to keep you in the same unit throughout if you link up the reservations by contacting the resort a couple of weeks before arrival.

You might also look to Timeshare User Group or Redweek where you can rent a villa directly from a timeshare owner. Again, usually only for 7-nights however as most timeshares are sold as 1-week intervals.
I agree with you , we always use sky auction. there is one more thing you can do go sign up sign up for vistana.com or call them they will give you a deal you can try for your whole trip. When we stayed for 7 days we wanted to add a day it was 275.00 a night. Crazy cause we paid for a whole week a little more than that. The other thing I can suggest is before your stay, stay at a Disney hotel get your magibands and early admission or a lowes hotel / early admission and take advantage to express pass then move to Vistana

I also want to note costco vacations has deals as well , you do not have to be a member

I agree with you , we always use sky auction. there is one more thing you can do go sign up sign up for vistana.com or call them they will give you a deal you can try for your whole trip. When we stayed for 7 days we wanted to add a day it was 275.00 a night. Crazy cause we paid for a whole week a little more than that. The other thing I can suggest is before your stay, stay at a Disney hotel get your magibands and early admission or a lowes hotel / early admission and take advantage to express pass then move to Vistana

I also want to note costco vacations has deals as well , you do not have to be a member
The price per night you mentioned for a standard visit (not a timeshare contract) is pretty standard. I've paid $350 for one night at the Marriott Sabal when I needed to add one day to my timeshare stay a few years ago.

When you booked through skyauction (we have also done this before) you were actually getting to "rent" or "trade" on someone's contract. When we did it through skyauction last September it was through the RCI timeshare company. I don't know exactly how it works, and maybe @bankr63 would have more information, but there is a clause/term that if you trade to the Sheraton you can only do so once every 4 years. I don't know if the original contracts they put on skyauction are people who own at Sheraton, or if they're trading into the Sheraton (meaning they own in a different resort but have the ability to "trade" into the Sheraton) Something to keep in mind if you go through skyauction for the Sheraton regularly.

I know this because when we stayed through skyauction last September, I got the paperwork and it stated the RCI stuff. I had to contact a skyauction agent to make sure we wouldn't get booted from the reservation because we had stayed at SVR earlier that year through a "get-away" through Interval. (the timeshare co. we mostly deal in for our timeshare) Because we purchased previous "get-aways" and not traded into them at SVR, we were fine. I did change my reservation at SVR to my husband's name just in case. (I usually reserve in my name for the "get-aways")

I'm not trying to confuse the situation, but make people aware of how the timeshare thing through skyauction works, or at least what we've experienced. I am currently looking at SVR through skyauction for August and October for family members and they are cheaper than purchasing a "get-away" through Interval.

Also:
The other thing I can suggest is before your stay, stay at a Disney hotel get your magibands and early admission or a lowes hotel / early admission and take advantage to express pass then move to Vistana
It's not needed to actually book and stay at a Disney resort for this benefit.
We've done a throwaway campsite several times, and it works great. Especially because you are getting a deluxe resort (SVR in this case) for so cheap and can budget some of the savings into a throwaway room. You're already saving hundreds, if not a thousand or more, by staying at SVR. There's more information here:
throwaway room

The price per night you mentioned for a standard visit (not a timeshare contract) is pretty standard. I've paid $350 for one night at the Marriott Sabal when I needed to add one day to my timeshare stay a few years ago.

When you booked through skyauction (we have also done this before) you were actually getting to "rent" or "trade" on someone's contract. When we did it through skyauction last September it was through the RCI timeshare company. I don't know exactly how it works, and maybe @bankr63 would have more information, but there is a clause/term that if you trade to the Sheraton you can only do so once every 4 years. I don't know if the original contracts they put on skyauction are people who own at Sheraton, or if they're trading into the Sheraton (meaning they own in a different resort but have the ability to "trade" into the Sheraton) Something to keep in mind if you go through skyauction for the Sheraton regularly.

I know this because when we stayed through skyauction last September, I got the paperwork and it stated the RCI stuff. I had to contact a skyauction agent to make sure we wouldn't get booted from the reservation because we had stayed at SVR earlier that year through a "get-away" through Interval. (the timeshare co. we mostly deal in for our timeshare) Because we purchased previous "get-aways" and not traded into them at SVR, we were fine. I did change my reservation at SVR to my husband's name just in case. (I usually reserve in my name for the "get-aways")

I'm not trying to confuse the situation, but make people aware of how the timeshare thing through skyauction works, or at least what we've experienced. I am currently looking at SVR through skyauction for August and October for family members and they are cheaper than purchasing a "get-away" through Interval.

Also:

It's not needed to actually book and stay at a Disney resort for this benefit.
We've done a throwaway campsite several times, and it works great. Especially because you are getting a deluxe resort (SVR in this case) for so cheap and can budget some of the savings into a throwaway room. You're already saving hundreds, if not a thousand or more, by staying at SVR. There's more information here:
throwaway room
I was just saying that cause they needed 9 days and the norm is 5 or 7.
We stayed through bonvoy/starwood last time they sent me a card 5 days for 349, we upgraded to a two bedroom for another 300. The time before we used skyauction.com. This next spring we are staying again through them again. We have used my dh name both times they didnt say anything. Last time we went to the info meeting for the 150 gift card and extra starwood points. They offered it to us again for the same price... and told me we can do it again next year after we say no. They offer it to everyone at the end but im not suppose to know that.

I was just saying that cause they needed 9 days and the norm is 5 or 7.
We stayed through bonvoy/starwood last time they sent me a card 5 days for 349, we upgraded to a two bedroom for another 300. The time before we used skyauction.com. This next spring we are staying again through them again. We have used my dh name both times they didnt say anything. Last time we went to the info meeting for the 150 gift card and extra starwood points. They offered it to us again for the same price... and told me we can do it again next year after we say no. They offer it to everyone at the end but im not suppose to know that.

Dear all,
Thank you very much for your replies.
I checked skyauction.com, unfortunately they don’t have any availability for the SVR for the week of 08/02/19.
I checked Dreams Unlimited Travel, the SVR is not listed on their website. And the Vista.com redirects me the Marriott’s reservation website, where the price is around 240$ per night.
Would you have any other suggestions?
Thanks again for your help.

Dear all,
I checked skyauction.com, unfortunately they don’t have any availability for the SVR for the week of 08/02/19.
I checked Dreams Unlimited Travel, the SVR is not listed on their website. And the Vista.com redirects me the Marriott’s reservation website, where the price is around 240$ per night.

Dear all,

Mousesavers is also worth a look. We've found some good discount codes there when we've needed to add an additional night to our owners stay.

Dear all,
Skyauction can be tricky... They do have 4 listings for a 7 day stay at SVR with check in dates either August 2 or August 4. Two of the listings are auctions; one for a one bedroom unit and one for a two bedroom unit, and the other two are "buy it now" listings for the same one bedroom unit or the two bedroom unit. They all have an additional surcharge for your dates. You *could* book through skyauction for your 7 day stay and then add two extra days onto your trip at the beginning or end by booking through SVR itself, you'll just have to pay the standard rate for those two days. Or you could switch hotels for the first/last two nights of your trip and stay somewhere cheaper in the area.

I know some people have used Ebay for timeshare rentals, but I don't know how that works. You could check it out also.

Skyauction can be tricky... They do have 4 listings for a 7 day stay at SVR with check in dates either August 2 or August 4. Two of the listings are auctions; one for a one bedroom unit and one for a two bedroom unit, and the other two are "buy it now" listings for the same one bedroom unit or the two bedroom unit. They all have an additional surcharge for your dates. You *could* book through skyauction for your 7 day stay and then add two extra days onto your trip at the beginning or end by booking through SVR itself, you'll just have to pay the standard rate for those two days. Or you could switch hotels for the first/last two nights of your trip and stay somewhere cheaper in the area.

I know some people have used Ebay for timeshare rentals, but I don't know how that works. You could check it out also.
Hi,
On Skyauction, I can't choose
August 2 or August 4. It says te
check-in Dates Allowed: 6/30/2019 thru 7/13/2019, 8/9/2019 thru 12/20/2019.
Thanks

I agree that neither Dreams Unlimited or Mousesavers (uses another TA - Small World Vacations IIRC) are not featuring Vistana on their websites. These are both travel agents however who are familiar with the property. I am sure that if you call or email, they can provide a competitive quote.

One other strategy (if Vistana were available on skyauction) is to buy two weeks and string them back-to-back but burn the extra days. Nothing wrong with checking out earlyon your second week, or arriving late for the first. It may be cheaper than adding 2 extra days.

The 1-in-4 rule applies to RCI exchanges right now (not sure if they have it on II). I think it would hard to apply it to skyauction bids and as you discovered you can just use the other spouse's name for the reservation. Or rent from an owner on one of the two owner sites I mentioned above. There are no restrictions on owner bookings.

Hi,
On Skyauction, I can't choose
August 2 or August 4. It says te
check-in Dates Allowed: 6/30/2019 thru 7/13/2019, 8/9/2019 thru 12/20/2019.
Thanks
I see what you're saying...the two listings for two bedroom units have the listing as:
"
Following Check-in Dates are Available for a 7 night Stay in a 2 Bedroom!
May
17, 26*, 2019
June 30*, 2019
July 13, 2019
August 4*, 9, 10*, 11, 16, 17, 18*, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 2019
September 1, 8*, 13, 14, 15, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 2019
October 4, 5, 6, 13*,19, 20, 25, 27*, 2019
November 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 30, 2019
December 1*, 13, 20, 2019"

And all the way at the bottom is notes:
"
Check-in Dates Allowed:
Fri, Sat, Sun within the following date(s):
6/30/2019 thru 7/13/2019, 8/9/2019 thru 12/20/2019"

The two listings for the one bedroom units say:
"
Following Check-in Dates are Available for a 7 night Stay in a 1 Bedroom!
July 5, 6, 19, 26, 27, 2019
August 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31, 2019
September 1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 28, 2019
October 5, 6, 11, 12, 18, 19, 26, 2019
November 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 29, 30, 2019
December 6, 13, 14, 2019
January 1, 25, 31, 2020
February 1, 8, 15, 22, 2020 "

And the bottom says: "
Check-in Dates Allowed:
Fri, Sat, Sun within the following date(s):
7/5/2019 thru 2/22/2020
"
It looks like a one bedroom is available, but I'm guessing you need two.
Excellent example of why it's so important to read all the fine print! I wonder if they're aware of the discrepancy? I would contact customer care and ask what the deal is and if the date is actually available.

Hi everyone I just wanted to give a quick review of Vistana. We checked in June 23 for 7 nights. We got to the resort at about 5:00 pm and our room was ready. I did call and request a certain floor before we left due to my DD and her anxiety. Unfortunately, when I received my room assignment we got the 4th floor in Lakes building 7. This is a 5-floor building at the back of the property. Our view was the swamp and I 4. We rolled with it and was happy to be there. I told everyone not to unpack until I check everything. Sure enough, the tub in our master bedroom was not working. We had the 2 bedroom that sleeps 8. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance right away. In about 15 minutes it was fixed. I was very happy because that was one of the amenities I was looking forward too. Our impression of the timeshare was really nice. We thought it had a great homey feeling and was plenty large for us. It was so nice to spread out with the teens.

We were very busy during the day for the week and by the time we got back to the resort most nights either we were exhausted or had storms. We were only able to use the Fountains pool twice. I will say it was a beautiful pool with nice hot tubs. We never got to check out the other pools or walk around the resort LOL! From driving around it we thought it was very nice and convenient to everything. I will check out the other areas and pools next time.

Upon check-in, they asked if I would like to do the presentation and I declined. I never had anyone else bother me that week. We did book directly with the Vistana so we were not required to do the presentation.

We did keep housekeeping for the week and they were great. Honestly, we had a great visit and will go back.

I would have liked to be in the Cascades section I think. I will hope for another section next time. It was quiet where we were but a little too far back for us. However, my family loved the resort and can't wait to stay there again.

The best part was I came home with minimal laundry. I loved the washer and dryer.

Any questions, please ask:goodvibes

Any questions please ask.vistanakit.jpgvistanalr.jpgvistanatub.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter