The Signature at MGM

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in the timeshares at MGM? They look very nice online (nicer than a standard room on the Strip, and around the same price), and apparently they're located just behind the MGM hotel. How far is that really? I'd love to hear details from someone who isn't trying to rent to me.

We thought about staying there, ended up getting a great rate at the MGM Grand Hotel.. just the regular rooms.

The Signature has their own pools, which from what I have been hearing is a good thing ... the MGM Grand pools appear to have been taken over by drunk and disorderly 20 somethings! I also have read some good reviews of the rooms, but they are quite a walk from the strip and gambling ... which may be a good thing depending on your preferences.

When we were there June 2007 the pools were just fine. I think Vegas is changing back to non family friendly!! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the info; I'm still hoping to hear from someone who actually stayed IN The Signature. I think this would be an idea situation for my family -- a little more space would be nice. We're looking at a three-day stay at The Signature at the end of a 2.5 week driving trip, so relaxing at the pool will be high on our list of activities; and we're not into the wild pool scene as described in another post! A couple more questions -- and thanks to anyone who can share information:

There are three towers. Is any one of them more convenient than the others?
Do they have laundry facilities?
We may return our rental car when we get back to Vegas; DH and I've been before, and we're fine with walking/monorail. Will we have any trouble hopping a shuttle to the airport on our last day?

Has anyone used www.ownerssuitesatsignature.com ? The prices are MUCH LOWER than other websites, which sounds wonderful but also makes me slightly nervous. Looking at my dates (for next summer), I can get the one-bedroom for less than $90/night and the junior suite for less than $60/night -- the website says there are some other fees, which I must investigate . . . still, I'd like to hear someone else say, "Yeah, I used them; this is my experience."

We got a cab from MGM Grand to the airport very easily. I'm sure you can get one as well from the front desk at Signature. Cabs are much nicer than shuttles, most shuttles go all over, to other hotels etc. Takes much too long.

You may also want to post on TripAdvisor. The Nevada forum is very busy, maybe read through the posts first to find reviews.

I can't help yet, but we are staying at the Signature at the end of August so I will post back afterwards. We are looking forward to being in a family orientated environment right on the strip, especially the pool area. I just hope it lives up to our expectations:)

I can't help yet, but we are staying at the Signature at the end of August so I will post back afterwards. We are looking forward to being in a family orientated environment right on the strip, especially the pool area. I just hope it lives up to our expectations:)
I'd love to hear details! I found several websites that rent these condos -- some that look legit, some that seem a bit shady. Also found one guy renting via ebay. The prices looked very good.

The Signature is FANTASTIC at MGM! We've stayed there a couple of times! There have been a few "issues" that were not major and quickly fixed like no water with housekeeping which was resolved with a call to the front desk and other "minor" issues like this!!! We loved it was smoke free, noise free, private pool from MGM and taxi lines were much shorter!

*Not new...changed email address and can't remember password

We stayed at the MGM Sig in mid-May in Tower 3. We rented through a Las Vegas REMAX realtor who manages about 90 units for owners. She gives some really great rates. Our weekend rate was $119/night (included housekeeping fees) -- a bit higher because it was Country Music Awards weekend.

The room was a Jr. Suite. It was spacious for our family of 4. Only thing is it had a King bed and a sofa bed. There are no Jr. Suites with 2 double/queen beds. So we threw the kids into the sofa bed. The bathroom is enormous, with nice marble and a big shower. The room had a fridge, microwave and a 2-burner stove, toaster, coffee maker, and even a blender. The kitchenette came equipped with 4 table settings. We really had no need for the kitchenette as we ate out for every meal.

There was a flat screen TV in the room and a small TV in the bathroom. We were really happy there. The finishings are high-end and the furniture is new and comfy.

There is a pool and hot tub for each tower. We enjoyed our pool immensely. We did wander over to the MGM Grand pool, as much has been written about its lazy river pool and such. However, we were not impressed. It was busy, crowded with 20-somethings, who were drunk, displayed too much PDA, or were yelling. Not really "family oriented". Also, there were empty beer bottles on the ground, not to mention broken glass. I even saw blood on the pathways. Obviously, some people must have stepped on the broken glass. We high-tailed out of that pool area and returned to our Tower 3 sanctuary and pool.

Negative about the MGM Sig is its location. It is so far down on the strip. We found ourselves wandering to the opposite end almost every day, because we wanted to eat at the Wynn buffet, shop at the Fashion Mall, tour the Venetian, etc. Unless you take the monorail (there's a station at the MGM Grand), any other mode of transportation takes forever to go from one end of the strip to the other.

If you have any questions, just let me know. We loved staying there, but we may consider the Palazzo next time. Not because we didn't like the place, mostly because of its location

I'm getting mega excited about our trip now, its only 4 days until we leave:banana: :banana:
It's sad to hear about the main MGM pool though,We were also going to head to the lazy river with DD (4). We may still give it a go, but perhaps try early morning when all the 20 somethings are sleeping off the excesses of the night before.........and look out for sharp objects!. If we see any, we'll be straight back over to our "own" pool too!

( BTW we are staying in Tower 2, on the 5th floor - probably not a great view, but at least we won't get vertigo sitting on the balcony:rotfl: :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter