The slowest restaurant in the land.. GFC *LIVE*

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Grand Floridian & Magic Kingdom Day
We wake up around 7am and immediately check the weather report. It says it will be raining all day long with 90% certainty. I’m a little upset as we are coming to the end part of our holiday and we have very little MK planned days left and I know DS loves them the most. We go to 1900PF and the wind is so aggressive I feel like rain is due any moment. I still dress up in my fave new tshirt and get my new magic band activated.

1900PF
The 1900 Park Fare breakfast is amazing as always and I tell everyone on the table to enjoy the pumpkin spice waffles as they wont be around much longer. Today DS saw Mary Poppins, The Mad Hatter, Alice, Pooh and Tigger. They all came around super fast one after the other.
I maintain this is the best Character breakfast on Disney Property. Tusker house is a close second but the interactions here are just so wonderful and more warm and intimate than at other places. Each character spent over 2/3 minutes with us and the ones that talked really tried to talk to DS (who at 3 doesn't have much to say!) Plus, every morning there is always a photopass opportunity with a photographer in the corridor so you know you will get a great family shot. Today it was Pooh and I got lovely photos of him and DS together. Breakfast was amazing, really great today and the coffee was really good this morning. So far the best non starbucks coffee we have had.

We explain to DS the weather will be bad so we probably wont go out today and he keeps saying, ‘but please Mummy’ and it breaks my heart. So I go waterproof jackets for us all and we decide to go to Magic Kingdom. It is so, so windy yet very sunny and quite warm in the areas the wind isn’t blowing.
We do,
A Small World
Tomorrowland Speedway
Mickeys Philharmagic
Aladdin’s Carpets
Jungle Cruise
Meet Rapunzel

As a finale we queue to meet Cindarellas step-sisters by the castle. That turns out to be a truly amazing interaction. They are so, so funny the whole crowd and queue was laughing.
They are so in character that these may just be my favourite photos from the whole trip. 10/10 girls great job!!! We leave around 12pm as the wind is getting stronger and DS starts feeling hot to the touch again.

Grand Floridian Cafe
DH falls asleep in the monorail while I book the rest of us a last minute reservation at the Grand Floridian Café for lunch. He goes directly to bed and we go directly there. Wow, you all aren’t kidding about the service are you. SO SLOW!! I think I aged a decade there. Personally I loved the food.
My Cobb salad was great (they are a bit stingy with the blue cheese and avocado though) and very tasty. DS loved his healthy meal of veggie omlet and apple with yogurt. My mother and uncle polished off their meals too so I assume they did too. We don't stay for desert for fear it will take another hour.
Now I am waiting for DH to wake-up so I can go back to MK alone or with DS if it’s not too windy. DS and myself have just polished off our fresh, chewey cookies from the bakery (we left him two and one cupcake) and are BORED!! We have found most of the hidden Mickeys and are ready for some more magic!!

Mama in MK
I went for a solo session to MK to see if I could get DS a Halloween costume. It was too busy to go to the Pirates section for the obvious choice but I was quite disappointed by the selection for the boys. There is none!! For little girls there are so many princess costumes for every season of the year and for boys there are a few Pirates bits and bobs and a VERY basic Knight costume in the GF shop. Not impressed Disney. Boys dress up too and not just in Stitch hoodies.
I indulged and bought myself the bag I have been eyeing since day 1. It sold out in Dooney & Bourke to my dismay but I randomly found it in Memento Mori with a magic band that I just had to get. That shop is dangerous for a Haunted Mansion fan like myself. I must go back there to get a ghost portrait of myself and DS!! I love creepy anything unlike DH. I actually visit beautiful, historic graveyards for fun. He thinks I’m morbid.. he hasn’t even visited the Chelsea graveyard near Chelsea football stadium which is mind boggling to me!​

Then I got a snack. An unhealthy one. This meal was epic for me for so many reasons and I kind of wanted to be alone and have a moment just to enjoy it and process it. I haven’t had a commercial cola or soda in 2 years. I didn’t manage the entire one but I drank 3/4's and it was good! Without going into too much detail in 2014 I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and had to have a total thyroidectomy after a year of struggling badly with my health. Probably due to my immunity taking a hit I had a few setbacks and since 2014 I has a total of 5 surgeries, 3 being major and the most recent only being a few months ago where I almost died from an internal haemorrhage. I’d like to think I am 100% healthy now but it has been a process. I have to monitor everything I eat as every time I relax, I end up with food poisoning or some gastric problem. I noticed that when I drastically changed my diet I got better so these types of treats are a thing of the past. Soda/soft drinks being public enemy no1 and banned from my diet entirely (and yes I see a huge difference for the better!) It felt so good to let my hair down and take a chance and just enjoy. If you told me a year ago that processed goo/ fake cheese would touch my lips I would have not believed it. Don't get me wrong they are still a thing of the past but in Disney it won't hurt to have a few treats. Normal life resumes in a few days. This trip has been so good for me for so many reasons. Healing almost. I really do feel healthy again.

Then it was back to the hotel as it was my mother’s last night. 1900 Park Fare was her requested farewell dinner (memories from when I was a kid I think) so we ended up there for a second time today. The characters were on such good form.. they really put on a show. They talked to everyone for ages and each other. At one point we had three conversing in character by our table which was so, so entertaining. DS got a marriage proposal from Anastasia and he got all coy because she is his favourite of the Ugly Stepsisters. He also really likes Lady Tremaine which I find so funny. The food was really good tonight and I had second helpings which says a lot. Then it was time for goodbyes to grandma and back to bed for an early-ish night. DH is awake for once wanting to see fireworks. Not tonight mate not till much later and we get the Not So Scary ones.. don’t think he will make it for those!!

We got Universal tickets for tomorrow in a spur of the moment action. My mother leaves so it’s a party of 4. I can’t quite believe how expensive the tickets are! I know the more days you go it works out better but OUCH. I briefly toyed with adding the express option until I saw the total would be over 1000 USD for us 3 adults and 3 year old. No.. just no. Not close to worth it. So tomorrow is Universal and Seuss Landing done properly. I can’t wait!!

NEXT DAY HERE
Yesterdays report here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter