The smell of ET's forest

We love the ET ride, and the forest is my DW's favorite thing in US.

We were very sad so see on our local news that US made the announcement that et is going away.......very sad.

What? This is the first I've heard of it. I can't find another thread.

We were very sad so see on our local news that US made the announcement that et is going away.......very sad.

:eek::worried: didn't see anything via a search just now, do you have a link?

i'm stocked up on yankee candles but addicted to the automatic air freshners, there's a pine scent that's semi-close to ET's scent.;)

I haven't heard anything about ET closing. It is the last one left in the world. The ET in Hollywood became the Mummy and the ET in Japan became a journey into space slow moving ride. There is a strong rumor that Sony is giving universal money to redevelop the entire kids zone area in to something based on the Smurfs. That is just speculation at this point. The only confirmed projects at universal Orlando are the Harry potter diagon alley expansion with gringotts coaster and train station that is replacing jaws. Simpsons Springfield mini land with spinner flat ride and duff gardens, and lard lad donut shopping, along with the recently opened Simpsons fast food boulevard. And the train station underneath dragon challenge where guests can walk into wizarding world after traveling from the other park. Other current rumors are some of the restaurants in city walks upper level getting remodeled, mid way games coming to the Jurassic park area of IOA, and possibly Disaster at USF being reconfigured for King Kong. Next up is Halloween horror nights starting in September with 8 haunts. Construction is well under way.

:eek::worried: didn't see anything via a search just now, do you have a link?

i'm stocked up on yankee candles but addicted to the automatic air freshners, there's a pine scent that's semi-close to ET's scent.;)

There is a Facebook page to save ET. The rumor is that they are, as was mentioned here, replacing ET with an interactive Smurf ride. I grew up with the Smurfs and I can't think of anything I would like less than an interactive Smurf ride. I doubt that I am the target audience, though.

We live in s. florida, and they had a small thing on the local news about the closing, no time frame given, and the smurf thing was mentioned. I agree that the smurf thing would be horrible.

These months between Universal trips would be more tolerable if someone would market an air freshener that smells like the forest of the ET ride. Maybe a scented candle.

A company called ScentAir is responsible for most of the scents you find on rides and in hotels these days, so they probably do the forest smell on ET. I know they do all the scents on Soaring at Epcot. We have one of their machines in our office and I love it. This month is Vanilla Lime and next month is Sun & Sand. Scentair.com

Click on this link and you will go to a page on the ScentAir site that explains how they used scent at the Hard Rock Orlando to get people into Emack and Bolio. http://www.scentair.com/why-scentair-scent-studies/hard-rock-hotel/

While ScentAir is the commercial side they also have a retail side called Enviroscent that has scent-sticks as well as a machine similar to the one I have in my office. http://www.enviroscent.com/home The click on the AccScent HD word to get to the page with info on the machine and a list of the scents they have available

BBQMonster

Even though this thread was bumped up by a spammer, it's fun to see all the rampant speculation from years ago!

:lmao:I enjoyed the thread, too. Will be sniffing in March - on a ride rumored to close six years ago!

I thought maybe Pete’s love of the Magic Candle Comoany breathed some life into this thread.

FYI: they have a scent called Extraterrestrial Forest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!