The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

we were in EPCOT where every kind of food known to man is there for the purchasing.

::yes::

enhance

Actually, those snack bites look interesting.

I knew enough to know that she (our GPS is a female)

Of course she is. So is mine. :)

we finally made it to DS and into a parking space at 5:44pm. For our 5:30pm reservation.

whoops!

We got out of the car and started walking towards what I thought were the stairs that would take us to where I kind of knew where I was. Well, we must've looked befuddled (or maybe the nice security guard heard us snapping at each other), because suddenly the nice security guard asked us if we needed help. We sure did. And he happened to have a map handy so when I looked at where we were parked and where we wanted to go, we couldn't have been further off.

Lucky he saw you and figured out you might need a hand. Nice of him too. :)

After a couple more minutes discussion, we got back in the car and tried to navigate our way there.

Twenty minutes later, we were finally parked here:

20 minutes!! :faint:

The hostess was so nice. I had told her right off the bat that we'd understand if we couldn't get seated since we were so late. She said we could, but it'll just be a little bit. Since this was completely our fault, we were fine with that.

:) Glad it worked out in the end.

Guy: "Hey, how are y'all doing tonight?"
Us: "Good." (But still kind of in our zone of aggravation and wondering why this guy was talking to us :confused3)
Guy: "I'm Art Smith."
Me: "No You're NOT!" Like, literally yelled that :laughing:
Guy: "Um, yes, I am." Shows us his name tag…

No way!!!

And.... :lmao:
"No You're NOT!"

:lmao:

And yet....

I think I'm going to go make myself a name tag and pass myself off as Fart Smith.

Great photo! :) Nice little souvenir.

And for those of you thinking I lied about meeting a famous person, just remember, he knows Oprah ::yes::

He counts!

Three times and I have never been further into the restaurant than this front wall.

Where you... how did you put it... "tense"... the last time too? Maybe it's the section for the "tense" people.

:rolleyes1

Wow! Those look amazing!

Mike got the same thing I think he had last time…fried chicken, of course:

Of course!
As would I.

And we had to order the Hummingbird Cake for dessert.

Whoa. Don't know what that is, but it sure looks good!
Hmmm... looked at the recipe. I'd have to try it. Some things with pineapple = good, some not so much. And sometimes I don't want anything with pecans (despite the rhyme)

this was one of the few times to see HEA this week, and everyone seemed to have the same idea.

MK fireworks? Packed? This must be a first!

:rolleyes2

I thought I wouldn't love it as much as I loved Wishes, but I think I do.

Really! You're one of the few that don't prefer Wishes.

It was an absolute mob scene at the monorail station. I go during Spring Break, and I have NEVER seen it so crowded :scared1:

Whoa! I too have done spring break.

I ended up walking over to The CR and pretty much got on the first monorail that came by.

Smart girl. :)

Tomorrow morning would be another early one and we had a date with a very important person.

Who could that be? That's up next!

Whoopi Goldberg!

I'm going to get this right some day. I can feel it.

I'm eating at Homecomin next Friday!

Yay! Have a great trip! I have some catching up to do on reading TRs! I'll have to sneak over to yours while you're away having fun!

Is it bad that I am kind of hoping Art Smith will be there for us too?

Not bad at all! I hope he is there, he's so friendly!

When DH and I went to Wine Bar George, George was there but he pretty much stayed to himself so you felt weird bothering him,

I probably wouldn't even notice him or know who he is :confused3

Sorry, it's taken me a bit to get over here, but I made it eventually!

:wave2: Welcome!

Really! That bad! I knew it was more scary than Disney's, but had no idea it was that scary. Huh!

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask since I don't watch scary movies. The houses are VERY well done so it could be fun if you like that sort of thing ::yes::

Ah to be 30 once more.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

One may if one has ever been to a Chick-Fil-a.

I don't get the appeal, but ANYtime we are near one, DD NEEDS to stop, i.e., yesterday in NYC…
IMG_0202.jpg
:rotfl2: The rest of us had just eaten at a very nice Italian restaurant where she wouldn't order anything because there was no pizza. She sulked through dinner and then we walked over to get her some food :rotfl:

If only you had a baseball with you!

Adding it to the packing list now...

Because... phobia? Preference?

I think it's a few of heights?? I'm not really clear and he won't really talk about it :confused3

Horse. Bike (motorized or otherwise). Feet.

All good options ::yes::

Assuming he got a sleeper?

:rotfl2: NO! That's the craziest thing! He sits up the whole time!

I've done those (well, just slightly less. 12's... And occasionally do 16's.) and I found them very tiring and long.

Ugh, I hate 16's. I can do 5 12's in a row, but never a 16. I think it's a mental thing because come 3 o'clock,you still have 8 more hours :crazy2:

I didn't think you could compost meat? :confused3

So I'll have to ask Mike, but what I actually think she said is there is a pig farm down the road and they feed the leftovers to the pigs? Does that sound made-up? She was super convincing. They probably just trash it but don't want to have to explain why they throw it in the garbage rather than boxing up your leftovers. I am sure people would totally abuse it if they actually did give you the leftovers, so I can kind of understand it.

I've heard this. I thought $20 wasn't too bad... but then heard they'd gone up (or are going up)

I think they were $25 when we were there and have even gone up more. I just can't see paying that much when I can get something for "free."

Wow! That's... wow! I might do that, but... $$$!
Might be fun to try, though!

The money, the stress of it all…I don't think I could handle it!

Glad you liked it! I've been hearing good things!

When do you get to try it for yourself?

Heh. I've see in it called AS2

I think that's the official abbreviation…I couldn't think of it at the time :oops:

I think we'll start calling him "abandoned Mike" or maybe the bench will be "abandonment bench".

Love that :rotfl:

How much? More than the 3 weeks? I'd heard that Europe was far more progressive in that.

I think it was 7-8 weeks. Something that made me really take notice (if not take notes, as you can tell by my horrible recall!)

"7 words. 1st word. Sounds like rap. Crap! Crap I lost my magicband. Help me!"

I see you're good at this game :P

But you can still use the :welcome: emoji by just typing: :welcome:

Sadly, no…as you can see by looking at your quote.

Was the rest of the boat full? :confused3

Not full enough to cram us in like that.

Actually, those snack bites look interesting.

Those snack bites are why you won't see me writing a dining report.

And yet....

I think I'm going to go make myself a name tag and pass myself off as Fart Smith.

:rotfl: That might work!

Where you... how did you put it... "tense"... the last time too? Maybe it's the section for the "tense" people.

:rolleyes1

Yes, I think maybe they got the memo that I am NOT allowed past the first row of tables :D

Whoa. Don't know what that is, but it sure looks good!
Hmmm... looked at the recipe. I'd have to try it. Some things with pineapple = good, some not so much. And sometimes I don't want anything with pecans (despite the rhyme)

It is SOOOO good…coconut, pineapple, cream cheese frosting…delicious!

Whoopi Goldberg!

So close!

Boom! Caught up.

You caught up before I caught up!

I didn't think you could compost meat? :confused3

So I'll have to ask Mike, but what I actually think she said is there is a pig farm down the road and they feed the leftovers to the pigs? Does that sound made-up? She was super convincing. They probably just trash it but don't want to have to explain why they throw it in the garbage rather than boxing up your leftovers. I am sure people would totally abuse it if they actually did give you the leftovers, so I can kind of understand it.

Okay, so I should have asked Mike before I posted that. He said that the waitress told us they use the leftovers to make bio-fuel for the busses. (I was so close, wasn't I? :rotfl:)

He also said, "Ew, they wouldn't feed pork to pigs, that's like cannibalism." So I have no idea where I even got that:rotfl2:

I do now remember her saying that it 's a good thing we couldn't finish our meals because then she wouldn't be able to get to work. This also sounds fishy though, doesn't it?

Hello All!

I am off to work so I don't have enough time to update today, but I just wanted to let y'all know that my emojis are back! Thanks to Webmaster MaryJo who told me to clear my cache, all my emojis are working again!

So for those of you who are having the same difficulty, try clearing your cache…don't ask me how…I had to google it, but it worked!

Be back soon!
:love::worship::cool1::goodvibes:thumbsup2:disrocks:

Last edited:
What?? Did they sleep through the alarm like Nicholas did for the Star Wars 10k? Or did they just not want to go?? They really missed out! I'm glad you and Steve got to enjoy it ::yes::
Lol I remember when Nicholas did that!
Nope, unfortunately between his leg and head, Ricky was feeling like crap at 6:30 that ,owning when I got him up so he passed :( We woke Chris up; he rolled over & said " oh Ricky's not going? Ok me neither" and went back to sleep :furious: As pissed as we were to have spent the money for them not to come (although we understood Ricky), we had a really nice adults only morning which was way preferable than forcing Chris to go!

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask since I don't watch scary movies. The houses are VERY well done so it could be fun if you like that sort of thing ::yes::

Okay. :)

I don't get the appeal, but ANYtime we are near one, DD NEEDS to stop, i.e., yesterday in NYC…
img_0202-jpg.369024

she looks like she's thinking "Don't take my picture... I'm starving over here."

:rotfl2: The rest of us had just eaten at a very nice Italian restaurant where she wouldn't order anything because there was no pizza.

omg...

Adding it to the packing list now...

:thumbsup2

I think it's a few of heights?? I'm not really clear and he won't really talk about it :confused3

Hmmm... He won't talk about it? Then I won't pry.

:rotfl2: NO! That's the craziest thing! He sits up the whole time!

No! :faint:

Ugh, I hate 16's. I can do 5 12's in a row, but never a 16. I think it's a mental thing because come 3 o'clock,you still have 8 more hours :crazy2:

Heh. I have a bit of a gag for that.
When the evening shift comes in, we both have 8 hours to go...

But I always ask if they're jealous because they have a whole shift to go but mine's already half done.

I think they were $25 when we were there and have even gone up more. I just can't see paying that much when I can get something for "free."

Yep. I'm going to have to be in pretty big a rush to do that.

When do you get to try it for yourself?

May.

I think it was 7-8 weeks. Something that made me really take notice (if not take notes, as you can tell by my horrible recall!)

Whoa. Niiiice.

Sadly, no…as you can see by looking at your quote.

Heh. Yes, actually. They're there.
Even if you can't see them... if you type it in, others can.
But... I see you have it fixed now. :)

Not full enough to cram us in like that.

:sad2:

Those snack bites are why you won't see me writing a dining report.

Oh?

Yes, I think maybe they got the memo that I am NOT allowed past the first row of tables :D

:laughing:

It is SOOOO good…coconut, pineapple, cream cheese frosting…delicious!

Wait! Stop!

Coconut.

That's a hard NO from me.

Okay, so I should have asked Mike before I posted that. He said that the waitress told us they use the leftovers to make bio-fuel for the busses. (I was so close, wasn't I? :rotfl:)

So close!

He also said, "Ew, they wouldn't feed pork to pigs, that's like cannibalism." So I have no idea where I even got that:rotfl2:

:laughing:

I do now remember her saying that it 's a good thing we couldn't finish our meals because then she wouldn't be able to get to work. This also sounds fishy though, doesn't it?

Well.... maybe? I'm not sure (as in I have zero clue) how biofuel is made. I thought it was from corn. Wait... that's ethanol... No idea!

Hello All!

I am off to work so I don't haven enough time to update today, but I just wanted to let y'all know that my emojis are back! Thanks to Webmaster MaryJo who told me to clear my cache, all my emojis are working again!

So for those of you who are having the same difficulty, try clearing your cache…don't ask me how…I had to google it, but it worked!

Be back soon!
:love::worship::cool1::goodvibes:thumbsup2:disrocks:

Okay! Thanks for the tip!

We woke Chris up; he rolled over & said " oh Ricky's not going? Ok me neither" and went back to sleep :furious:

OMG, I would be :furious: too!

As pissed as we were to have spent the money for them not to come (although we understood Ricky), we had a really nice adults only morning which was way preferable than forcing Chris to go!

I agree…you have to pick your battles with these teens. I'm sure you and Steve had a better time than you would have if you had forced him to go :thumbsup2

Awesome! Will you be there when we are all on our EPIC Dis-Meet girl's trip?

Heh. Yes, actually. They're there.
Even if you can't see them... if you type it in, others can.
But... I see you have it fixed now. :)

And now that I can see them, I can see that you could see them even when I quoted which obviously didn't prove my point, or make any sense at all :rotfl2:

Wait! Stop!

Coconut.

That's a hard NO from me.

No love for Coconut?? I would eat anything that HAS coconut in it ::yes::

Wow what a surprise meeting Art Smith. Those deviled eggs look fabulous.

They were, and I've tried replicating them at home without much success :sad2:

lol - I had the same 'Ew' thought.

It is totally ew, but I didn't even think of that :rotfl:

And now that I can see them, I can see that you could see them even when I quoted which obviously didn't prove my point, or make any sense at all :rotfl2:

:laughing: I did chuckle at that... but I knew what you meant. :)

No love for Coconut?? I would eat anything that HAS coconut in it ::yes::

It's not that I have no love for it... which I don't. It goes far, far deeper than that. It actually makes me nauseous. And I can smell it from across the room, even though I don't have a very good sense of smell.

We had been sitting like that for 10 minutes when a guy walks up to us. Here's how the conversation went:

Guy: "Hey, how are y'all doing tonight?"
Us: "Good." (But still kind of in our zone of aggravation and wondering why this guy was talking to us :confused3)
Guy: "I'm Art Smith."
Me: "No You're NOT!" Like, literally yelled that :laughing:
Guy: "Um, yes, I am." Shows us his name tag…

He was so nice and not only did he not run away from us at that point when this crazy girl yelled at him, he so graciously let us take a picture of him. I let Mike get in the pic since it's HIS favorite restaurant and everything.
That has to be pretty cool!

October 18, 2018
Marceline To The Magic Kingdom

We were up early again this morning, but at least not before the sun this time.
We hopped on a monorail and were at the MK by 7:30 for a very important date.

enhance

enhance

This definitely didn't look like this later in the afternoon when we came back for MNSSHP. I'm glad we got this pic early...
enhance

I also got my Roy and Minnie pic. They keep moving him around Main Street and sometimes he's hard to find.
enhance

Most people had already taken off and walked down Main Street towards their breakfast ADRs,
but Mike and I stayed around Town Square...
enhance

enhance

After a few pics, we made it over to check-in for our tour.
The whole reason we had gotten to the MK this early was to learn more about the man himself :love:
enhance

enhance

And that is where the pictures end. As you can see, we did the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour. It was awesome, but sadly, they do not allow pictures in the backstage areas so if you want to see what it's all about, I highly recommend booking this (or the equally, if not more amazing, Keys to the MK tour that we did last year).

MTTK really connects you to how Walt created Disneyland and explains the history of some of the attractions.
We also got to go behind the scenes of a few of our favorite attractions and learn more about the Imagineers behind them.
I won't say too much because I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone but it was perfect for a Dis-Nerd like myself,
and even my Non Dis-Loving husband really enjoyed it.

Our tour guide's name was Darlene and she grew up near Anaheim and has been going to Disneyland all her life. She even stunned all of us at the very end with a super exciting revelation that again, I won't mention here so as not to spoil it.

She was very sweet and at the end I asked to get a picture with her and she even let me hold her tour guide stick :P

enhance

The tour lasted three hours and ended at COP, so what else would we do while we were in the area?

The People Mover, of course :love:
enhance

enhance

Afterwards, we used our FP for the HM and caught Madame Leota with her eyes open.

enhance

Our next FP was for Splash Mountain but we were getting hungry and decided to skip it and just go have lunch instead.

It didn't take long to decide where to go since we were right in the area and looked up and said, why not?
So we ate at CHH for the first time.

enhance

I got the tuna sandwich and green beans...
enhance

Mike got fish & chips, and my chips too :P
enhance

It was decent for counter service food and hit the spot.

After lunch we headed out of the MK to rest a bit since we would be back later for the Halloween Party.

You can see how uncrowded it was this day. This was around 1 pm and Main Street was practically empty.
I wish I could say the same for later that night :crazy2:
enhance

enhance

Back at the Poly, we sat by the pool for a bit and relaxed
before we headed up to shower and get ready to go back to the MK for MNSSHP.

enhance

Up next…Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

I also got my Roy and Minnie pic. They keep moving him around Main Street and sometimes he's hard to find.
enhance
I know, right!? It's like a scavenger hunt--where are you this time, Roy?

My Mom and I loved this tour!! We rode Haunted Mansion and CoP on ours. I loved riding while hearing the tour guide tell us little tidbits throughout! Did you do the same attractions? I've heard that sometimes they're different.

I loved that tour, I wonder if you had the same guide as we did, has she worked at WDW since like 1975? She also had a connection with Walt, w/o giving to much away. We sure enjoyed it as much as our Keys tour!

Crowded parties seem to be the theme this year! The park sure looked good for 1pm, party days are the time to go to MK not the actual party, lol!

Gorgeous shot.

I'll say. I've yet to see this.

As you can see, we did the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour. It was awesome,

:) Good!

but sadly, they do not allow pictures in the backstage areas

Yes, and I'm okay with that. :)

MTTK really connects you to how Walt created Disneyland and explains the history of some of the attractions.

Cool!

She even stunned all of us at the very end with a super exciting revelation that again, I won't mention here so as not to spoil it.

Now you're just teasing us! ;)

she even let me hold her tour guide stick :P

:laughing: Did she use that to swat at wayward guests?

The People Mover, of course :love:

Of course!

Afterwards, we used our FP for the HM and caught Madame Leota with her eyes open.

I love when guests see that for the first time. :)

So we ate at CHH for the first time.

Never have. Hoping to in May.

I got the tuna sandwich and green beans...

That looks pretty good!

You can see how uncrowded it was this day. This was around 1 pm and Main Street was practically empty.

Where is everyone?
Probably getting dressed for the party.

I wish I could say the same for later that night :crazy2:

Uh, oh...

My Mom and I loved this tour!! We rode Haunted Mansion and CoP on ours. I loved riding while hearing the tour guide tell us little tidbits throughout! Did you do the same attractions?

We did those plus It's a Small World. I loved how she was telling us stuff through our earpiece throughout and we definitely learned some new things on the rides!

I loved that tour, I wonder if you had the same guide as we did, has she worked at WDW since like 1975? She also had a connection with Walt, w/o giving to much away

Sounds like the same person :P

Crowded parties seem to be the theme this year! The park sure looked good for 1pm, party days are the time to go to MK not the actual party, lol!

We went to the MK on a few different party days and the crowds were always super low like this ::yes::

I'll say. I've yet to see this.

I have a deep affection for Roy after listening to the Connecting With Walt podcast about the building of WDW. It never would have happened without Roy. He deserves a more permanent spot on Main Street. He's usually in the center of town square, but I think for Halloween and Christmas they move him out of the way for the decorations >:(

Yes, and I'm okay with that. :)

I am too…definitely keeps it more magical :wizard:

Now you're just teasing us! ;)

Book the tour ::yes::

I love when guests see that for the first time. :)

Me too! I admit though that it was initially my DS who pointed it out to me when he was 9. I wasn't quite the Dis-nut back then as I am now :bitelip:

Where is everyone?
Probably getting dressed for the party.

Exactly!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!