The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

It was practically perfect in every way :goodvibes

Thought I'd Pop in and check out your snarky day.

enhance

This tree seems rather large. Is it indigenous?

:rolleyes1

And this, my friends, is where we boarded the truck with the snarkiest safari driver we've ever had.

Good! :)

Not that I am against conservation, I just liked when this was more like a fun ride.

Gotcha. Conservation, dull. Death and screaming/crying children, fun.

I think I'm getting a feel for what kinda girl you are.

:lmao:

Well this particular morning our driver was a riot! He was more like a Jungle Cruise driver and had everyone on the truck laughing. We were in the front row next to two, very muscular guys and he was even teasing them, saying they'll have to get out and push us if we get stuck. I wish I had recorded it because I can't remember half of what he was saying, and I'm sure most of it was lost on the kids in the truck, but all of the adults were in stitches.

:laughing:

Glad you had such a good ride!

Animatronic.

He has renewed my faith in KS and I hope to one day get on his truck again…what are the chances??

Assuming the number of drivers is a finite number X, then your chances at 1 in X.

After that fun ride, we headed to Asia where I got my picture taken with…my lanyard.

First read that as "with... my lover".

Colour me disappointed.

I rode EE, and Mike…did not.

He was benched.

where I rode FOP, and Mike…did not.

Benched again!

Almost looks like you're fleet are floating. :)

As usual catching up. Sorry AKL wasn't all that. I haven't stayed there, but only visited to go to Boma. I know lots of people love it too, but I can see your points. I think it's far from everything and for the money/points, the Poly has so many advantages. But to each his own, if everyone liked the same things we'd have a problem lol

Your KS ride sounds like a lot of fun. I think it's great that he was joking around and really not taking himself too seriously, you're on vacation, that's what it's about!!

Well this particular morning our driver was a riot! He was more like a Jungle Cruise driver and had everyone on the truck laughing. We were in the front row next to two, very muscular guys and he was even teasing them, saying they'll have to get out and push us if we get stuck. I wish I had recorded it because I can't remember half of what he was saying, and I'm sure most of it was lost on the kids in the truck, but all of the adults were in stitches.
Sounds like a fun safari. Most of the ones I have done were pretty dry with the drivers just doing the usual conservation - here's the animals stuff.
I kind of liked the Little red story too, but you have to pay attention to realize it's even a thing. Most people had no idea, so I guess that's why they axed it.

Oh I hope I get this Safari driver, the last couple I have been on were rather boring! I secretly miss the story that was told during the Safari.

Looks like a beautiful day at AK!

Aw :sad: Am I the only one who loves me some Peco's Bills??:laughing:

My husband actually likes it and asks to eat there, so you're not alone!

October 21, 2018
Doubly Disappointing

Let's just get this over with, shall we? I've been dragging my feet about starting this post because I usually like to write about things I enjoy and make me happy.

I wanted to love AKL, I really, really did. I had heard such amazing things about it and so many people rank it as their favorite WDW resort. And it's…fine, really. There are some very nice things about it, such as the lobby, and seeing the animals out in the Savanna. Maybe the fact that the pool area was under refurbishment came into play here, and it's not like I didn't know about that going in, so it wasn't a disappointment, per se. I just felt very underwhelmed by AKL. There. I said it. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone by my statement. That's not to say that I think AKL is trash, it's just not for us. And yes, us. Mike felt very much the same way.

Oh no! I'm sorry you didn't like it. We were there for the first time in July and fell in love. But I get it - it's definitely far removed from everything and I'm sure a view of the under-refurbishment pool didn't help.

Sadly, checking into the AKL was not the most disappointing thing that happened to me this day.

This was just not your day, eh? Those pics of your meal from EoS, well...bless your heart. We've always enjoyed eating there, but have never ordered anything but sandwiches. Guess we'll stick to that in the future...

October 22, 2018
The Snarkiest Safari

This was one of my favorite days from this whole trip. It was practically perfect in every way :goodvibes

We headed back to Animal Kingdom and leisurely made our way in, heading to our first FP in Africa.
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

And this, my friends, is where we boarded the truck with the snarkiest safari driver we've ever had.
Admittedly, in the past, I have gotten a little bored with the safari. I think I even said that last year because they took out the little show about Little Red and have made it more serious and about conservation.
Not that I am against conservation, I just liked when this was more like a fun ride.

enhance

The animals were also very active this morning, making it for just a perfect ride all-around.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

He has renewed my faith in KS and I hope to one day get on his truck again…what are the chances??

After that fun ride, we headed to Asia where I got my picture taken with…my lanyard.

enhance

I rode EE, and Mike…did not.

enhance

We then headed to Pandora,

enhance

enhance

We grabbed a little snack,
enhance

and then headed out of the park.

We still needed to get in a couple more EPCOT trips for our APH cutting boards, so that's where we headed.

It's amazing how much the safari can be plussed by having a good guide! I always think of the Jungle Cruise as the only ride that is really dependent on the quality of CMs now that the Great Movie Ride is gone (RIP), but the safari makes sense as well. I hope we end up in a truck with this guy at some point.

Your pics of the day are gorgeous and it seems both you and Mike are good sports - you for going on ride after ride alone and him for patiently (?) waiting while you do. Love #MikesBench

And it's…fine, really. There are some very nice things about it, such as the lobby, and seeing the animals out in the Savanna.

I just felt very underwhelmed by AKL.

Location-not as good. Where's the monorail? Where are my fireworks from the beach?
Completely agree to all of the above. We had a split stay when my girls were younger at CR TPV/ AKL Savannah view and both were CL. After checking out of CR and into AKL the lobby is stunning and my girls enjoyed looking at the animals. All I could focus on was the dark much smaller room. My biggest complaint was feeling so isolated from the parks. I know many people enjoy that including my DH. For me I want to feel like I'm in the center of it or very close to it. That's why I love the monorail resorts and BC/YC so much.

Love this shot

:crazy2: :crazy2::crazy2:

Beautiful I love the Fall decorations

We picked up these cute little plants in the gift shop and Mike lugged them home on the train.
See good reason Mike rode the train lol

These are super cute I love all the animal carvings in that shop

This tree can't take a bad picture

I love all the carvings AK is the best place for pictures

Very pretty love the reflection

Are those ostrich eggs?

4 weeks from today and I can have one of those babies YUM!

Those plants are adorable, I've seen them there but thought the same thing about getting them home on the plane!

Mike is such a good sport just hanging out so often while you ride. I.........would not be lol

Late to the party but following! Great TR so far- I too have a man who isn't a huge fan of a number of rides (he gets motion sickness really easily). It's nice to see you guys are having a great time regardless! :)

Have you watched the glass blowers on Main Street? How do they compare to the "real thing?"
I am embarrassed to admit this, but... I haven't :duck::laughing:

I just feel bad saying I don't like something that I know so many people love. I don't want to insult anyone :goodvibes
I completely understand. It's hilarious because my version of this ("I feel bad saying so because so many people love it") is the safari! :rotfl: So the fact that this was your latest post is so funny to me! Now if I had that driver... I think my mind would be changed ;)

Super cute!!!

He was more like a Jungle Cruise driver and had everyone on the truck laughing.
Now that would have been my kind of safari! :thumbsup2

just felt very underwhelmed by AKL. There. I said it. And I'm sorry if I offend anyone by my statement. That's not to say that I think AKL is trash, it's just not for us. And yes, us. Mike felt very much the same way.
Funny how we can all experience the same hotels and have totally different experiences and impressions. We love AKL but I probably love it for exactly why you don't. Its not on the monorail, there are no fireworks, its away from it all which is what draws me to it. Though a pool being closed (or scaffolding outside your room) can make a big difference. The first time we stayed at WL the pool was closed and we liked it, but it wasn't until we got to experience it for everything that it is that we truly fell in love.

And the animals. Love me some animals, but I somehow have the only child on the planet who could care less about them.

This looks horrible and revolting. What are those chunks in there? Tomato soup last I checked should not have large chunks floating in it.

We picked up these cute little plants in the gift shop and Mike lugged them home on the train.
enhance
These are adorable and a total upside to your husband not flying!!!!

This was one of my favorite days from this whole trip. It was practically perfect in every way :goodvibes
Except that it started and ended at AKL :P

Oh he sounds perfect!!! I love the Safari but most of those drives are boring!!! A little snark is just what the Safari needs. And lucky for you I can fill in if needed in May :-)

Wow sorry Kelly I have been MIA from your TR for so long I had to reread your first 3-4 days.
It wasn't a terrible evening, but if we go back next fall, I think we might skip it unless they make it a more exclusive event and sell half the tickets (right…I know that's not happening :sad2:). It's too bad because this used to be one of my absolute favorite things, but I no longer think it's worth the money you pay
Exactly how I felt after our 1 and only MVMCP

In all my years of being a nurse, this is the first time I've been put on 12 hours on Christmas Day and I am really not happy about it but what can you do?
Oh my how lucky. Over 34 yr's in health care and I've worked almost every other or third Christmas.

And when we got off, it was time for my SDD FP…
enhance

Mike went and waited on his bench while I rode, and after that we headed out and back to the Poly to relax.
Do you not get his MB and use his FP for a second ride? It's what we do and works great....mostly, unless he's getting over heated.

Now here's the terrible part. @kastoney , you may want to skip over this next part (I'm afraid I'll be exiled from your room in May). Mike ordered a Shrunken Zombie Head and I ordered…nothing :sad2:
You might enjoy the Krakatoa Punch, it's a rum drink and is a lil sweet but I can still handle it (I love drinking but not sweet drinks usually, except Margarita's)

Again you gotta take advantage of his FP for a second ride.

Sorry AKL doesn't do it for ya. We've stayed savanna view twice and loved it. I'm not a fan of the themeing but love the animals. I understand it could be boring w/o the pool. After our last trip and a stay at GF I really appreciated the quietness of AKL.
Bet your getting excited for your April trip. Looking forward to meeting you in May.

Thought I'd Pop in and check out your snarky day.

:wave2:

This tree seems rather large. Is it indigenous?

Of course! As are the Baobab trees ::yes:: (Actually I'm embarrassed to admit I just found out on this past trip that the baobab trees were not real :sad2:)

Gotcha. Conservation, dull. Death and screaming/crying children, fun.

I think I'm getting a feel for what kinda girl you are.

Exactly. And here you were probably thinking I was nice and normal :scratchin

Assuming the number of drivers is a finite number X, then your chances at 1 in X.

Wow, you're like a math wiz :thumbsup2

First read that as "with... my lover".

Colour me disappointed.

Yikes! Although @ariane37 used to think Mike was my boyfriend…and I also had a husband :laughing:

Almost looks like you're fleet are floating. :)

It kind of does! ::yes::

This was just not your day, eh?

And yet, I'd rather be there with that day than here (in CT) right now!

Your pics of the day are gorgeous and it seems both you and Mike are good sports - you for going on ride after ride alone and him for patiently (?) waiting while you do.

I guess I'm lucky that he doesn't mind just poking around shops or relaxing on #Mikesbench

Love #MikesBench

I do too! Thanks @missjackiemcg !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!