The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

We caught the Server Amusant just starting and this has been one of Mike's favorite things since our first trip in 2013 so we stopped to watch
This is one if our favorites too, even the boys want to watch whenever we see them out!

Let me spoil this review by saying right from the beginning that we loved it here!
:cheer2::banana: GP is just about perfect! And yes, the burgers are fantastic and I LOVE those waffle fries. See ya there in May :drinking1

Sounds like a great ending to a wonderful day.

enhance

Let me spoil this review by saying right from the beginning that we loved it here!
This was one of our favorite evenings of the trip and I literally cannot wait to go back.
Looking forward to possibly checking this out in MAy.

I'm sorry, I've been kind of MIA with this TR!

But you're here now. :)

I need to get going so I can finish this up before we leave for our April trip in 28 days :cool1:

Shoot! Looks like I'll miss you by about a month.

While we were in the lounge, I was able to make a FP for Soarin'

Huh. I remember when that would've been impossible. How the times have changed.

we went and said hello to our friend, Putty...

giphy.gif

ef05efac3dc590c428ef7a9fbc8fdc05.jpg

And we checked out some of the chocolate sculptures in the festival center.
These things are amazing, it's hard to believe they are chocolate!

Those are incredible.

We took another walk around the WS and Mike tried a Schofferhofer that he enjoyed…

That's that grapefruit beer, right? I'd like to try that.

We caught the Server Amusant

Still haven't seen him. Hope to soon.

But instead of going back to AK, we took the bus to the Wilderness Lodge and headed straight to…
enhance

Never heard of this!

This was one of our favorite evenings of the trip and I literally cannot wait to go back.

:goodvibes

I love Truly and drink them at home all the time :love: If you've never heard of them, they are very low carb, low sugar spiked seltzer water. And they are so good. I usually drink the Lime flavored at home, but the Berry wasn't bad and I was just happy to have a low carb option.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

And we both got burgers..

Looks good!

And yes, I did cheat a little and eat the bun and those fries…life is all about choices :P

You're on vacation. Live a little. :)

We both really loved our burgers…I tried D-Luxe burger last April and, in my opinion, these are better.

Really! Wow!

Of course, the view from here was just perfect and certainly played into how much we love this place.
I highly recommend going as the sun just starting to set. This was at around 6:30 pm...

Thanks for the tip! :)

Nice sunset photos, too.

Sounds like a perfect Epcot pop-in! Geyser Point looks like a nice spot to relax after time in the parks! Glad you finally were able to get a drink, and boy those burgers and fries look delish!!

I'm going to see if I can convince the family to try it in April, otherwise I can't wait to go again in May!

Last edited:

I'm glad you loved Geyser Point! I think it may be one of my favorite spots on property.

It's quite the hidden gem…maybe we'd better stop gushing about it or the secret will be out :P

Its just so relaxing and perfect! Good to know that they had Trulys there! That looks super refreshing!

I was so surprised and happy to see these here! Maybe they'll start carrying them around WDW at other places too :-)

Shoot! Looks like I'll miss you by about a month.

Not necessarily…I will be joining the girls for the EPIC trip so I will be there again May 3-May 6 :goodvibes What are your dates?

Haha! I loved that show! Second only to Curb Your Enthusiasm ::yes::

That's that grapefruit beer, right? I'd like to try that.

It is. I did take a sip but not being a beer drinker, I thought it tasted too much like beer and not enough like Grapefruit. Mike enjoyed it though :-)

Still haven't seen him. Hope to soon.

You definitely should…it's fascinating to watch, and it's only about 15 minutes long :thumbsup2

Never heard of this!

:scared1: It's only the greatest food establishment on Disney Property!

I'm (somewhat) kidding, but if you like a low key, relaxing vibe with an amazing view and delicious (albeit NOT fancy) food, Geyser Point is just about perfect :love:

Not necessarily…I will be joining the girls for the EPIC trip so I will be there again May 3-May 6 :goodvibes What are your dates?

Apr 30-May 4

:)

Haha! I loved that show! Second only to Curb Your Enthusiasm ::yes::

It's a classic.
I've never seen Curb, though. Wish it was on Netflix. (At least it's not in Canada.)

Right now I'm binge watching The Office (US version).

It is. I did take a sip but not being a beer drinker, I thought it tasted too much like beer and not enough like Grapefruit. Mike enjoyed it though :-)

I don't like beer, but... I've heard so much about it, that I'm willing to give it a try.

:scared1: It's only the greatest food establishment on Disney Property!

I'm (somewhat) kidding, but if you like a low key, relaxing vibe with an amazing view and delicious (albeit NOT fancy) food, Geyser Point is just about perfect :love:

:laughing:
Okay! Okay!

October 23, 2018
SEE YA REAL SOON!

I'm sorry, this month has been super crazy busy and I haven't had time to finish this TR!
We've had birthdays, dance comps, confirmations, and of course, work!
The good part about it is that this month has gone by so fast that our trip is in just 9 days!
The bad part is that this month has gone by so fast that our trip is in just 9 days!
I haven't packed a thing and I have so much to do between now and then!
But I will finish this TR, no matter what!

We started our last day having coffee at The Mara.
enhance

Before heading back to the MK for a last look around.
enhance

We also caught the Main Street singers just as they were coming down the street and happily stood to watch.
This is starting to be a last day tradition for me as we did the same thing last April.
I love their fall costumes.
enhance

enhance

We then walked over to Tomorrowland, passing by The Purple Wall where we took a LOT of really bad pictures that are unfit for viewing, and then went on to not become Galactic heroes on Buzz, despite our valiant efforts…
enhance

We took another trip around Tomorrowland on the People Mover…
enhance

enhance

and then had a VERY fun meet with Gaston!
This was something I've always wanted to do and we happened to catch it just right, as they closed the line right after we got in it.
Even waiting in line was fun to watch because of his interactions with the other guests.
The pictures didn't come out great because of the way the sun and shadows were at the time, but still, such a fun meet!
enhance

enhance

enhance

We started to head into Fantasyland and saw a PP photographer with no line so we stopped for a couple pics...

enhance

enhance

before heading Under the Sea with Ariel,
enhance

and then on Mike's favorite attraction.
enhance

It's like they knew it was our last day :sad:
enhance

enhance

I left Mike watching The Muppets for a bit,
enhance

and went to use both of our FPs to get two rides on…
enhance

We had a late lunch ADR at The Plaza, so we checked in and waited for our buzzer to buzz…
enhance

We had a little friend join us while we waited…
enhance

and actually had a fairly decent view of the parade going by.
enhance

Shortly after 3, we were seated and looking at the menu, although I've eaten here so many times, I already knew what I was getting ::yes::
enhance

Mike and I shared the wedge salad…
enhance

I got the Fried-Green Tomato Sandwich…

enhance

and Mike got the Plaza Club…
enhance

Everything was great, as always, and still remains one of my favorite places to eat in WDW :love:

Of course, our last day wouldn't be complete without our traditional last day Plaza Ice-Creams,
but it was so cold inside the restaurant that we decided to go next door to get them…
enhance

After that, we said See Ya Real Soon to the MK,
enhance

and went back to the AKL to do another favorite last day activity…
enhance

Laundry :sad2:

Actually, this gave us some time to poke around the resort a little and appreciate all the little touches in the lobby
and of course, the animals.
I have a bunch of pics of that up next!

We've had birthdays, dance comps, confirmations, and of course, work!

Busy!

The good part about it is that this month has gone by so fast that our trip is in just 9 days!

:woohoo:

The bad part is that this month has gone by so fast that our trip is in just 9 days!

We started our last day having coffee at The Mara.

And Zebra Domes, right?

RIGHT????

You've got just about everything in this shot! PP, Handler CM, Driver CM, Security CM and entertainers.

we took a LOT of really bad pictures that are unfit for viewing,

:laughing: Of course now we all want to see them.

You guys look serious enough to be Galactic Heroes, though.

We took another trip around Tomorrowland on the People Mover…

No foot shot???

and then had a VERY fun meet with Gaston!

:) He's so much fun!

Just noticed your shirt! :thumbsup2

Cute shot! :)

and then on Mike's favorite attraction.
enhance

OMG. You're kidding me.

and went to use both of our FPs to get two rides on…

Benefit to having someone who doesn't go on them.

Shortly after 3, we were seated and looking at the menu, although I've eaten here so many times, I already knew what I was getting ::yes::

Can't wait to go in about a month!

Mike and I shared the wedge salad…

Looks yummy.

I've never had one. Hmmm... maybe?

and Mike got the Plaza Club…

That looks good, too!

Yum!

OK when I saw you'd updated I was like, "holy crap I haven't read this in awhile I must be WAY behind." But it's just you who's behind lol.

YAY! And crap again. They always just sneak up on you somehow even though we're looking forward to them don't they?

and then went on to not become Galactic heroes on Buzz, despite our valiant efforts…
You both put glasses on for this ride :laughing: I find it funny because I have to put glasses on for tons of things now and at age 58, the Dr just told Steve to see an eye dr for the first time ever lol

Always the right choice :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

If I don't "see" you around here in the next 9 days have a wonderful trip!!

And Zebra Domes, right?

RIGHT????

I feel I've committed a grave error :sad2: Next time we stay at AKL, we'll get them :thumbsup2

You've got just about everything in this shot! PP, Handler CM, Driver CM, Security CM and entertainers.

The only thing missing is a certain little, green martian ::yes::

Of course now we all want to see them.

Ew, no. Now I know why all my friends in the EPIC meet plan their outfits. I do not, and we just clashed so hard with that wall :rotfl:

You guys look serious enough to be Galactic Heroes, though.

It wasn't for lack of trying :sad1:

No foot shot???

Bad, bad Dis-er. I shall remedy this in April :thumbsup2

Just noticed your shirt! :thumbsup2

Another missed photo-op on The People Mover…who allowed me to have a trip report writer's license? :confused3

OMG. You're kidding me.

I wish I was!

Can't wait to go in about a month!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I've never had one. Hmmm... maybe?

They are so good and obviously aren't on the menus anywhere around me in CT so it's such a treat when I can get one :-)

OK when I saw you'd updated I was like, "holy crap I haven't read this in awhile I must be WAY behind." But it's just you who's behind lol.

:rotfl: Nope! It's me who is way behind! I only have a day left though so I WILL be finishing this soon!

YAY! And crap again. They always just sneak up on you somehow even though we're looking forward to them don't they?

Yes! You must just leave a bag packed at all times!

You both put glasses on for this ride :laughing:

Actually, I'll let you in our our little secret…we only take our glasses OFF for pictures :crazy2: I had great eyesight until I hit 40 when I started needing reading glasses. Now I wear progressives and I LOVE being able to see, but I HATE wearing glasses :crazy2:

I have to put glasses on for tons of things now and at age 58, the Dr just told Steve to see an eye dr for the first time ever lol

Lucky him! That's crazy!

If I don't "see" you around here in the next 9 days have a wonderful trip!!

Thank you! :love:

I feel I've committed a grave error :sad2: Next time we stay at AKL, we'll get them :thumbsup2

facepalm_zpsb4hvgtwd.gif

The only thing missing is a certain little, green martian ::yes::

That could've been arranged! :laughing:

Ew, no. Now I know why all my friends in the EPIC meet plan their outfits. I do not, and we just clashed so hard with that wall :rotfl:

I wouldn't either.
Then again, I wouldn't take a selfie in the first place. Ain't no one wanna see that.

Bad, bad Dis-er. I shall remedy this in April :thumbsup2

Good girl. :)

Another missed photo-op on The People Mover…who allowed me to have a trip report writer's license? :confused3

:rotfl:

They are so good and obviously aren't on the menus anywhere around me in CT so it's such a treat when I can get one :-)

I don't think I've seen them up here either. Not even in season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter