The star wars spoiler thread

I watched with my sphero BB-8 this weekend, that was fun, he does all sorts of weird things during the movie.

So we bought the DVD and watched the movie again.
I hadn't noticed in theaters, but who gave Poe the map in the opening scene. He's very familiar, like I may have seen him in previous Star Wars movies, but can't place him. At first I thought Dooku, but that isn't it. Probably was in another sci-fi flick.
Next, I was watching Rebels with my son the other day, and Darth Maul made an appearance. Unsure how that works as the last time I remember seeing him in the series he was in two pieces falling down a hole.

As to Rey's lineage. If she's Luke's kid, and she could be, I don't think she knows it.

Amateur... ;)

Maul lived and was given robotic legs (its not obvious in Rebels, but it is apparent if you are looking for it). He eventually met back up with his brother, but the Emperor used him and killed his brother and Maul's mentor (long story there in Clone Wars). Anyhow, Maul is filled with rage against Kenobi and the Emperor and spends all his time trying to destroy them.

As far as the old man - Lor San Tekka - there is more in the novel, but his story has not been told yet.

The Star Wars movies are built to be fun and eye candy, but if your interest becomes piqued as yours apparently has been ;), there is a wealth of official canon books and the Clone Wars and Rebels to fill in the gaps! Good luck.

Not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole. But I do spend a lot of time on planes, if it's on kindle I might bite. Lord knows when George RR Martin is ever going to give me more to read.

So we bought the DVD and watched the movie again.
I hadn't noticed in theaters, but who gave Poe the map in the opening scene. He's very familiar, like I may have seen him in previous Star Wars movies, but can't place him. At first I thought Dooku, but that isn't it. Probably was in another sci-fi flick.
Next, I was watching Rebels with my son the other day, and Darth Maul made an appearance. Unsure how that works as the last time I remember seeing him in the series he was in two pieces falling down a hole.

As to Rey's lineage. If she's Luke's kid, and she could be, I don't think she knows it.

Max von Sydow is the actor. Hes played in a ton of flicks but just to name a few Judge Dredd, Ghostbusters II, Minority Report, Never Say Never Again.

Also in two completely different ends of the film spectrum: Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal and Strange Brew with Bob and Doug McKenzie! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter