The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to another WDW trip report! Some of you may have read my other TRs but in case you haven't: Hi, I'm Alexis!! I'm the Disney planner as well as your narrator through this journey!

This trip took place from November 5th-13th and was my second trip with my cousin, Liz. Our first trip was in May 2015, where we crammed in a ton in just 3.5 days! This time we had 8 whole days to enjoy ourselves! As well as 8 whole days to take MANY selfies as you will quickly learn ;)

In case you didn't read my last TR with Liz, I should explain what a Sugie is! It's pronounced "SHU-GIE" (like sugar) and it's just a term of endearment we call each other. If you've ever seen the show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" you may also recognize it as the word Alanna uses to call her dad LOL

So thanks for joining in and I hope you enjoy this recap of THE SUGIES DO DISNEY: PART 2!

Chapter Links

November 5, 2016

Arrival Day
First Dinner of the Trip!
Chef Mickey & All His Friends!
Enjoying the Contemporary

November 6, 2016
Magic Kingdom!
Character Time!
Be Our Guest!
2 trains and a log flume in between!
Festival of Fantasy
Main Street, Tomorrowland AND Fantasyland!
Hanging Out in Town Square
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Fun times in Fantasyland
Tomorrowland
Wishes!
Once Upon a Time

November 7, 2016
Universal Studios
From Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade
2 Big Kids in Seuss Land!
The rest of our Universal/IoA day!

November 8, 2016
Epcot
Akershus
Starting the day with character meets!
MORE character meets!
Frozen Ever After and some Food & Wine!
The Festival Center & Saying Goodbye to Epcot!
Getting into the Christmas Spirit!
Castle Photoshoots!
MVMCP!
Party Fun & Holiday Wishes!
Taking in Main Street
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
Wrapping up MVMCP (Part 1)
Wrapping up MVMCP (Part 2)

November 9, 2016
Day 2 at Epcot
More Future World
Enjoying World Showcase
Mexico Adventures & More
Back to Future World
Epcot at Night

November 10, 2016
Magic Kingdom Again!
Adventureland & More!
Lots of Photopass!
Crystal Palace
Fantasyland with a side of bears!
Magic Kingdom becomes more magical!
MVMCP #2!
Holiday Wishes & More Character Meets
Goodbye MVMCP & Magic Kingdom!

November 11, 2016
Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom Morning!
More Characters, Lunch and a Show!
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Asia!
Kilimanjaro Safari!
AK at night!
Tusker House
Goodbye AK!

November 12, 2016
Hollywood Studios
Early Morning Magic
Sunset Boulevard & Olaf!
More rides, more characters!
More Hollywood Studios fun!
Minnie's Holiday Dine Dinner!
Nighttime at Hollywood Studios
Fantasmic!
Star Wars Fireworks!

November 13, 2016
Departure Day

PTR Update #1
PTR Update #2
PTR Update #3

Last edited:
November 5th - Arrival Day

The day started off VERY early. Our flight was at 8:00am and was leaving out of an airport about an hour away. Liz's sister drove us and we were on the road by 5am. We didn't hit any traffic and were there and through security in no time!

We spent most of our waiting time chatting and people watching. We were VERY tempted to change our flight when the airline started offering money for people to give up their seats. The amount started at $400 and went all the way up to $1,000 per person! They were first offering replacement seats on an 11am flight. When the amount went up to $1,000 we inquired and they didn't have available seats until 1pm. Had they still had seats on an 11am flight I am pretty sure we would have taken up the offer! But 1pm was too late for us; we didn't want to sit at the airport for another 5 hours and we would have to cancel our dinner reservation. Plus did we really want to take that kind of risk? As Liz said, "We will just be rich in happiness instead". :)

I bought us these cute little tsum tsum keychains, which we ended up wearing on our backpacks.

Our flight left on time and with no issues! They offered free in-flight movies which I thought was cool. Liz watched Finding Dory and I watched Independence Day Resurgence off and on.

We landed right around 11am and were able to pick up our bags pretty quickly at baggagee claim. We decided not to use the Disney bag service as we wanted our bags right away. We headed over to the line for DME and it was super crowded! But it didn't take too long and soon enough we were on a bus and heading under these arches!

Our stop would be at All Star Sports- our home for the week! We checked in and lucky enough there was a room ready for us!! We were put in the Homerun building and in our room by 12:30pm- not too bad at all!

We dropped of our stuff and decided to get a little lunch to hold us over until dinner!

We just shared an order of chicken nuggets and fries. Then we headed back to the room to relax a little before getting ready for dinner.

Up next..We really kick off our vacation!

I'm here! I started your last report late in the game and so when I saw you were returning to Disney, I was determined to catch this report at the beginning!

How tempting to move your flight back, but I guess in the end it worked out. More time at Disney!

Yay! All Star Sports. I know practically nobody loves this resort, but it was my first Disney resort, and it holds a special place in my heart. I even stayed in the Homerun section, too. It was fun to see your photos of the place. Makes me miss my pre-married/pre-kids trips. :rotfl2:

Your selfie shots are great. You two just look so thrilled to be in Disney. You can definitely tell it's the beginning of your vacation, the excitement is obvious!

Hooray! The Sugies are back!

Excited to hear about your trip :-):-)

I love all the big icons at the All Stars!

Are those jamberry wraps I see in the tsum tsum photo? I think about getting those all the time, but I'm afraid they're hard to apply. I'm an application chicken, I guess!

You both look super cute and I love those puffy ears!!

YES!! :) So excited for your new trip report. My friend and I will be staying at All Star Sports next weekend! I've been once about 10 years ago so I'm excited to go back. LOVE your tsum key chains. Those are just adorable. Can't wait to hear more!

Yay!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures :)

If/when I stay at an All-Star, Sports will be first on my list!! I adore the big sports icons and bright colors, and the pools there both look awesome! It's funny, because I always said that if I stayed there I'd want to be in the Home Run section. I love baseball and that pool is so cute with the giant soda cup! :P

joining in - thanks for the Bat signal!

Wow - I definitely would have been tempted by $1,000 to go a bit later - hopefully you did get up to $1,000 worth of happiness though! ;)

That is great your trip was smooth and that your room was ready

very excited for 8 days worth of selfies!

I'm here! I started your last report late in the game and so when I saw you were returning to Disney, I was determined to catch this report at the beginning!

How tempting to move your flight back, but I guess in the end it worked out. More time at Disney!

Yay! All Star Sports. I know practically nobody loves this resort, but it was my first Disney resort, and it holds a special place in my heart. I even stayed in the Homerun section, too. It was fun to see your photos of the place. Makes me miss my pre-married/pre-kids trips. :rotfl2:

Your selfie shots are great. You two just look so thrilled to be in Disney. You can definitely tell it's the beginning of your vacation, the excitement is obvious!

Hi, Alicia! :wave2: So glad to have you here!

It was very tempting but I think passing on it was the right thing to do.

You know, I am a total fan of the All Star Resorts so I am glad to hear it holds a special place for you. My trips don't usually involve a lot of room time, so I feel like they are perfect for those types of trips!

Thank you! We were very thrilled and I'm glad that comes across in our faces :goodvibes

Hooray! The Sugies are back!

Excited to hear about your trip :-):-)

I love all the big icons at the All Stars!

Are those jamberry wraps I see in the tsum tsum photo? I think about getting those all the time, but I'm afraid they're hard to apply. I'm an application chicken, I guess!

You both look super cute and I love those puffy ears!!

Hooray! Happy to have you joining in with me again!

That is one thing I love about the Value resorts- those big icons!

They are jamberry wraps! And I am going to be honest, I do not recommend them :sad2: I ended up peeling them off after the second day. I was not a fan of their application at all. I have used another type of wraps in the past (incoco) and found their application be so much better, though unfortunately they don't have the cute Disney designs that Jamberry does. I'm sure others have had better luck with them but they were not for me!

Thank you! The first day excitement was definitely real!

YES!! :) So excited for your new trip report. My friend and I will be staying at All Star Sports next weekend! I've been once about 10 years ago so I'm excited to go back. LOVE your tsum key chains. Those are just adorable. Can't wait to hear more!

Hi!! Thanks for joining in! :hug: I can't believe your next trip is already here! I hope you enjoy All Star Sports! And the keychains were from these mystery bags from Target- I couldn't resist!

Yay!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures :)

If/when I stay at an All-Star, Sports will be first on my list!! I adore the big sports icons and bright colors, and the pools there both look awesome! It's funny, because I always said that if I stayed there I'd want to be in the Home Run section. I love baseball and that pool is so cute with the giant soda cup! :P

Hey girl, so glad you're here!

I quite like the All Stars, I still have to stay at Movies though! I really liked being in the Homerun section. And we had to walk through the Touchdown area to get to/from it, so that was an added bonus for me!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Hi there! Thanks for joining in!

joining in - thanks for the Bat signal!

Wow - I definitely would have been tempted by $1,000 to go a bit later - hopefully you did get up to $1,000 worth of happiness though! ;)

That is great your trip was smooth and that your room was ready

very excited for 8 days worth of selfies!

Glad you are here!

For bigger families (like yours for example), I think the temptation would have been huge as it was $1,000 per person! We did seriously consider it but we certainly did get lots of happiness throughout the trip ;)

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the selfies. Let's see if you feel the same way by the time the TR is through! :rotfl2:

Very excited and joining the trip! Kids loved staying in home run section - even at spring break the pool was never close to crowded. See ya soon! :)

Well, I'll try to follow along since I'm not too far behind yet! Looking forward to seeing what the Sugies do in round 2!

We spent most of our waiting time chatting and people watching. We were VERY tempted to change our flight when the airline started offering money for people to give up their seats. The amount started at $400 and went all the way up to $1,000 per person! They were first offering replacement seats on an 11am flight. When the amount went up to $1,000 we inquired and they didn't have available seats until 1pm. Had they still had seats on an 11am flight I am pretty sure we would have taken up the offer! But 1pm was too late for us; we didn't want to sit at the airport for another 5 hours and we would have to cancel our dinner reservation. Plus did we really want to take that kind of risk? As Liz said, "We will just be rich in happiness instead". :)
I don't know... you're talking less Disney time. It's hard to put a price on that, regardless. I think it worked out for the best.

Just joining in. Always good to catch a trip report at the beginning! I'll be interested to see how you found your stay at Sports. I have not stayed at either of the All Stars yet but it's good to get a review.

Very excited and joining the trip! Kids loved staying in home run section - even at spring break the pool was never close to crowded. See ya soon! :)

Thanks for joining in! We really liked the homerun section, it always seemed quiet which was nice!

Well, I'll try to follow along since I'm not too far behind yet! Looking forward to seeing what the Sugies do in round 2!

I don't know... you're talking less Disney time. It's hard to put a price on that, regardless. I think it worked out for the best.

Yay so glad you're here! Hope you and the family are doing well :)

It did end up being the right call. I spent so much time planning this trip, it would've been a shame to change anything or take the risk of something going wrong!

Just joining in. Always good to catch a trip report at the beginning! I'll be interested to see how you found your stay at Sports. I have not stayed at either of the All Stars yet but it's good to get a review.

Hi, thanks for coming along! This was my third stay at an All Stars, and my second at Sports. I am a fan of them as they are cheap and my party never really spends much time in the room. Some find them small but I've never really had an issue being a party of 2 (and even 3) adults.

Woo hoo! Found you early. Looking forward to reading your new WDW report after enjoying your Disneyland one so much. I would have had a hard time choosing between $1,000 and an extra 5 hours at WDW. I guess it just shows how "expensive" valuable vacation time is!
31174958522_cc80f54526.jpg
I love your outfits! And I have these shoes... as well as the black and hot pink Minnies, the ear hats print, and the Alice in Wonderland flowers :rolleyes1

Woo hoo! Found you early. Looking forward to reading your new WDW report after enjoying your Disneyland one so much. I would have had a hard time choosing between $1,000 and an extra 5 hours at WDW. I guess it just shows how "expensive" valuable vacation time is!

I love your outfits! And I have these shoes... as well as the black and hot pink Minnies, the ear hats print, and the Alice in Wonderland flowers :rolleyes1

Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Thanks! I also have the ear hats print :) And I believe Liz has the pink and black ones. They're so cute and fairly comfortable!

I see you have a trip coming up, how exciting!

November 5th - First Dinner of the Trip!

Around 5 we headed out to our destination, stopping for some resort pics on our way to the bus! Since selfie sticks are not allowed in the parks, this was the only day we used one ;)

We got to the bus stop and I was excited to see the TVs with bus times! Those really came in handy!

We also had to show off our matching sneakers!

We got on a bus to Magic Kingdom, and then took the monorail to the Contemporary.

We were dining at Chef Mickey's tonight!

We checked in and got our arrival photo taken.

And only had to wait a few minutes before being seated! We got a table for 2 in a nice quiet corner of the restaurant. And even had a view!

Our waitress was really great here (and was from NJ too)! She told us we had a few minutes before characters would be around, so we went ahead and got our first plates of food. Here is mine!

I went with some ribs, lobster mac & cheese, kids mac & cheese, pasta salad, sushi, and cornbread. I must've been carbo loading hahaha I gotta say, the ribs were fantastic! They were mango bbq and really tasty. We both also really enjoyed the sushi. I never used to like sushi, but lately have grown to enjoy California rolls. I'm sure Chef Mickey's isn't the best place to have them but we really liked them and went back for more later.

Up next...We meet some characters!

I love your matching shoes!!!

We're eating dinner later tonight after L's orchestra concert, and I am starving right now, so your plate of mac and cheese looks really good! I haven't been to Chef Mickey's since my first ever trip a million years ago, but I'm thinking of taking my mom in October on arrival night, depending on our flights.

Your table view is really nice, what a lucky spot to get!
I love the Contemporary. I've always *liked* it, but it's really grown on me in the last year and a half or so. The Mary Blair mural makes me happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!