The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

I removed the Hershey ticker today. :(

You are more than welcome to come back anytime. They are open in October for Hersheypark on the dark (only time you can go through zoo America at night) and in Nov/Dec for Candylane. Those are mostly weekends.

If you plan to come back, let us know. :)

You are more than welcome to come back anytime. They are open in October for Hersheypark on the dark (only time you can go through zoo America at night) and in Nov/Dec for Candylane. Those are mostly weekends.

If you plan to come back, let us know. :)

Did anyone do Zoo America this trip? Thoughts??

We did with MyMuse and pal-Mickey. I always enjoy zoo America, but it all depends on if the animals are active. Not the biggest zoo, but I like it. But, I may be a little biased.

We did it around mid-morning. Interesting. ...I know, faint praise.

I guess I was underwhelmed by the size. But Connor enjoyed it.

Elyse thought it was pretty cool. She was actually still talking about it to her grandma last night. All North American animals. We probably would not have drove to the location specifically to take in the zoo, but since it was there and it was included, it was entertaining for probably an hour, maybe 90 minutes. It was not shoulder to shoulder people and it was nice to take in at our pace. HTH.

Not sure if anyone else listens to The Season Pass podcast...it's pretty good roundtable format with special guest interviews, focussing on theme and amusement parks.

I'm going thru back issues now and they've had some pretty interesting ones covering the opening of WWoHP as well as excellent interviews with Tim Delaney and recently a fiesty Bob Gurr - he did the interview from his hottub! :rotfl2:

Anyhoo - there's one there on Cedar Point that I just heard. The podcast covers mostly the coasters tho, not the whole park or things to do eat, etc. I scanned the coaster list that Mark posted - but hearing them talk about going up 40 floors on one coaster and coming down at 120mph, really had me second guessing my courage :eek: CP has a lot of history - originally opened when Ulysses grant was President! :cheer2:

cheers,
:flower3:

Not sure if anyone else listens to The Season Pass podcast...it's pretty good roundtable format with special guest interviews, focussing on theme and amusement parks.

I'm going thru back issues now and they've had some pretty interesting ones covering the opening of WWoHP as well as excellent interviews with Tim Delaney and recently a fiesty Bob Gurr - he did the interview from his hottub! :rotfl2:

Anyhoo - there's one there on Cedar Point that I just heard. The podcast covers mostly the coasters tho, not the whole park or things to do eat, etc. I scanned the coaster list that Mark posted - but hearing them talk about going up 40 floors on one coaster and coming down at 120mph, really had me second guessing my courage :eek: CP has a lot of history - originally opened when Ulysses grant was President! :cheer2:

cheers,

Karen,

If I'm going to ride so are you!!! When I hit the concrete at 120MPH I finally will be skinny:rotfl2:

Mark

cheers,

Karen,

If I'm going to ride so are you!!! When I hit the concrete at 120MPH I finally will be skinny:rotfl2:

Mark

Fun ride. But it only lasts 14-17 seconds. Its literally blast you up, plummit down, get out. Lines routinely exceed 2 hours for this. Also has the highest downtime due to mechanical and/or weather issues.

But there are plenty of other things to do.

Some of you heard about our experience at a Super 8 Hotel the night before we arrived in Hershey.
We had stayed at a Super 8 before on our way down to DAP in December, in Hagersville MD, and it was very nice. Not the Hilton, but nice nonetheless.
This time it was not pretty.
Well.......yes it was.....pretty disgusting. :scared1:
I think my feedback to Super 8 Head Offices, copied below, will explain the rest.

"DISGUSTING!!!! We arrived about 1:30am Friday morning, very tired from our long drive and basicly went right to bed. Upon waking up in the morning, the horror of room 209 hit home. The disgustingly stained chair, the mold in the windowsills, the scum/dirt in the corners of the bathroom and behind the toilet, the dirt actually streaming down the inside of the bathroom door, scum/dirt on the outside of the bathroom door down at the baseboards, stained (I would say unwashed) towels and facecloth, stained rug, box springs in poor condition (fabric underneath hanging to the floor on both), at least a dozen cigarette burns on the bedspread (smoking room) and the icing on top of the cake, the bloody fingerprint on the wall lamp between the beds. We (My wife and I) actually used our clothing from the day before to dry off after our showers. We did not let our children bathe there, her and I had to. This location is nothing more than a flop house WITH YOUR NAME ON IT!!! I have documented everything I have relayed here with pictures to prove it, which I would be more than pleased to send to you. I am not asking for reimbursement of our rate ($73), I just want someone to make a surprise inspection on this place, especially room 209, as the bloody fingerprint is probably still there. I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to clean anything else I have mentioned. The manager and cleaning staff should be fired on the spot and replaced by a group of Howler monkeys, as they would probably care more about the cleanliness of this hotel. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter, and being forwarded an email address where I can send the pictures of this shameful representation of your franchise."

I hope I conveyed my displeasure to them clearly enough.

Now the pictures....

Notice the snail-like substance in the bottom left of the window in the track

DSCF0583-1.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

Have a seat and relax, make yourself at home...

DSCF0568.jpg

With the amount of burns in the bedspread, I'm surprised it was still around and not up in smoke.
There were lots more.

DSCF0567.jpg

This is not a dirt issue, but really. Both boxsprings were like this

DSCF0586.jpg

There were more towels, all about the same.
The pictures, due to the flash, sort of drown out the stains.
I have posted the one that shows the best.
THESE WERE NOT USED!!

DSCF0566.jpg

The face cloth was the worst.

DSCF0561.jpg

And of course, the bloody fingerprint.
Maybe it was ketchup, but I wasn't about to check.

DSCF0570.jpg

Can't wait to go back and spend more time there.
Maybe a full day, or a week, instead of the 8 hours we did.

Some of you heard about our experience at a Super 8 Hotel the night before we arrived in Hershey.
We had stayed at a Super 8 before on our way down to DAP in December, in Hagersville MD, and it was very nice. Not the Hilton, but nice nonetheless.
I think my feedback to Super 8 Head Offices, copied below, will explain the rest.

"DISGUSTING!!!! We arrived about 1:30am Friday morning, very tired from our long drive and basicly went right to bed. Upon waking up in the morning, the horror of room 209 hit home. The disgustingly stained chair, the mold in the windowsills, the scum/dirt in the corners of the bathroom and behind the toilet, the dirt actually streaming down the inside of the bathroom door, scum/dirt on the outside of the bathroom door down at the baseboards, stained (I would say unwashed) towels and facecloth, stained rug, box springs in poor condition (fabric underneath hanging to the floor on both), at least a dozen cigarette burns on the bedspread (smoking room) and the icing on top of the cake, the bloody fingerprint on the wall lamp between the beds. We (My wife and I) actually used our clothing from the day before to dry off after our showers. We did not let our children bathe there, her and I had to. This location is nothing more than a flop house WITH YOUR NAME ON IT!!! I have documented everything I have relayed here with pictures to prove it, which I would be more than pleased to send to you. I am not asking for reimbursement of our rate ($73), I just want someone to make a surprise inspection on this place, especially room 209, as the bloody fingerprint is probably still there. I highly doubt anyone has taken the time to clean anything else I have mentioned. The manager and cleaning staff should be fired on the spot and replaced by a group of Howler monkeys, as they would probably care more about the cleanliness of this hotel. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter, and being forwarded an email address where I can send the pictures of this shameful representation of your franchise."

Now the pictures....

DSCF0583-1.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

With the amount of burns in the bedspread, I'm surprised it was still around and not up in smoke.
There were lots more.

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

THESE WERE NOT USED!!

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

John,

The pictures really are gross... Holly xxxx.

Let us know if you hear something from the chain.

Mark

John Valletta
Super 8 Motels
CEO/President

1 Sylvan Wy
Parsippany, NJ USA 07054
Phone:800-800-8000

This clown deserves a copy of your email & a set of pictures

Now the pictures....

DSCF0583-1.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

There were lots more.

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

THESE WERE NOT USED!!

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

:scared1::scared1::scared1:....:faint:

John, you should stay at this place next time. I hear good things! :thumbsup2

Maybe we will, at least they clean the blood up, but I hear they have a problem getting return visitors.
Maybe it's a management issue? :confused3

John Valletta
Super 8 Motels
CEO/President

1 Sylvan Wy
Parsippany, NJ USA 07054
Phone:800-800-8000

This clown deserves a copy of your email & a set of pictures

Noted!

Karen,

If I'm going to ride so are you!!!

Fun ride. But it only lasts 14-17 seconds. Its literally blast you up, plummit down, get out. Lines routinely exceed 2 hours for this. Also has the highest downtime due to mechanical and/or weather issues.

But there are plenty of other things to do.

Mark - sounds like Todd is giving us a pass to not go on this :thumbsup2 - we can head to the kettle corn kiosk instead! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter