The TB Trip Reports Thread!

soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator
This is a thread for anyone on the TB to post their Trip Report from their trip to Disney. Also you can talk about planning things before your trip to see what things you just have to see when in Disney. Now, lets see and hear about everyones trips! :)

**If you add a trip report, make sure to add a title so everyone knows what type of trip you went on or the type of trip you are going to go on.

Hooray!!

Mine is in my siggie. It's a bit long to have out now (it's 4 pages, currently) but just click on the link!

We are leaving september 14th I think. We are going to The Living Sea's for dinner and it will be my parents anniversary, so my mom planned to have a scuba diver to hold up a sign for my dad, we ordered a cake and had the menu personalized. Also know my sister and my mom are going to see circus sol et. I am very excited though!
:]

We are leaving september 14th I think. We are going to The Living Sea's for dinner and it will be my parents anniversary, so my mom planned to have a scuba diver to hold up a sign for my dad, we ordered a cake and had the menu personalized. Also know my sister and my mom are going to see circus sol et. I am very excited though!
:]

that sounds like an awesome idea! and sounds like you will have an awesome time, I can't wait to hear how it goes.

[NOTE: I also posted this on the cruise trip report thread. Link.]

So.......what do you get when you cross a family that loves vacationing, loves Disney, and loves the beach?

Do I really have to answer that?

THE CAST:
DDad: 45, not estatic about Disney. During this report he will be called Donald. :donald:
DM: 41, loves the Disney "magic" (no, not the ship, the feeling.) Her name will be: Minnie ::minniemo
DS13: That's me! I love Disney, and am planning to be an Imagineer. I will refer to myself as "me" :smickey:
DS11: okay with Disney, the athletic one in the family. (Not that you will see him running on Deck 4 every morning, though) He will be Stitch. :stitch:
DD8: loves the princesses, and I am betting she will love the club too. She is called Tink :tinker:

OUR PLANS:
We are going on a four-day cruise, leaving Port Canaveral on Sunday, October 5, 2008.
We have two rooms: a category 11, for Donald, who loves to sleep in the dark, and a category 7, for the rest of us, who prefer not to sleep in a cave The two are across the hall from each other, on deck 5. I will confirm the room numbers at a later date.
We don't have anything planned to do in Nassau. All we really are going to get off the ship for is to get some things to take home. My grandpa collected shotglasses, so when he died, I inheirited (sp?) them.
In Castaway Cay, we are looking for a nice day. I am hopefully going to go parasailing, and as I say on another thread, if there is a free scavenger hunt, we might go on that too. Oh, and snorkeling might be in the mix. I really want to find the statues underwater.

Us kids get a two-week fall break, with the Sunday we leave being the first Sunday of those two weeks. We have relatives that live in Gainsville, FL, so on either Thursday night or Friday night we will spend the night with them. Also, we have some more relatives that have a beach home somewhere close to P.C., so we will spend Saturday (possibly Friday) there.

I plan to spend some time in Aloft, but not a whole lot. I really like to see different thing. One morning, I am hoping to wake up earlier than usual, and take a ton of pictures with my camera. I am even wondering if I should ask the cruise people if I can go into Palo one morning when nobody is there, just to take pictures. Hopefully, they will let me. Also, I am thinking about getting a pillow case, and giving it to guest services. Who all signs these? I know that might sound odd for a 13yo, but I love Disney. Next, what do you think a science/math loving Stich like to do in the lab. Likewise for Tink? I am trying to get them all hyped up about this cruise. I know I am.

We have the DCL cruise DVD, and we got the little book. We also have the Birmbaums guide, even though I really don't use it, and am not looking at buying Passporters. Does any TV channels have anything on DCL, other than the Travel Channel's "Cruising Do's and Don't's? We have seen that sooooo many times.

You get all that?

I am looking so forward to this cruise, and the time upcoming. I may post some polls for things like Parrot Cay or Beach Blanket Buffet on the first days lunch, favorite show, and things like that. I want this to be where five years from now, when this post is long gone, like wayyyyy in the back of the list of reports, some family will read it, and it will help them. So please post any ideas that you have for us. I think we are locked in our excursions, so any advice on the ship will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

I was thinking- what if you had a TR, put a title on it- otherwise we don't know if you are commenting on another report or adding to your own. ;) Just a suggestion.

UPDATE!!!

Okay.....time for an update!

As you can tell by my post count, I have been active on the Teen Board.

Sorry for not updating!

Well, not a whole lot has happened in way of the cruise. We are currently trying to decide on what excursions we want to do. Since the banana boat closed , we haven't had a purely DCL conversation yet. But what I think will happen is as follows:

Straw Market in Nassau.
Possible Tour in Nassau.

Parasailing for me in Castaway Cay.
I would think snorkeling in Castaway Cay.
Bikes? in Castaway Cay.

Anyone else have any ideas on what to do in the way of excursions?

Also, what time would you say is the best to get to the terminal? Also what do you think is the best boarding pass number? Remember, we are newbies as far as DCL goes, so we want to see as much as we can, and that includes the port.

I wish I knew a way to get that poll down from the top of the thread. Any ideas on how to? If you moderators can do that, would you do me a favor, and take that out?

Okay. I think that's about it. Thanks for reading! Less than 3 months away

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726896

"Grab your fannypacks, we're headed to Disney!"

It was from my last trip. I got about 1/2 done when I started working and politely put a hold on it. I might finish it one day....haha. It was soooo much fun to make, and I thank everyone who read it.

I also made (and finished, lol) a dining review with pictures. I'll try to find it. I think it was pretty good.

^^I remember reading your dining report. Both your trip report and dining report are very good. :thumbsup2

I would write a PTR, but it's nowhere near the trip yet, and we haven't decided anything yet, except for the hotels we're gonna stay in.

Hey Minnie, I'll be there the same time as you! September 17 - October 1.

I would start a pre-trip but it's too early and my last one kind of bombed.

Here are the highlights.

-- Free dining
-- Perfect flights
-- Pop Century. Hopefully a 60's lakeside room.
-- Cirque Du Soleil on the 18th followed by dinner at Fulton's.
-- Possibly getting an annual pass.

I'm updating mine sometime today, so keep an eye out!

ONE MONTH TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!