The Tenth Trip is the Best Trip and Eleven is Nice Too- July and December 2019 PTR *UPDATED 12/5*

One Month from today

12/8

Our first full day in the parks is always filled with so much anticipation and excitement. The last couple of times we haven’t started with MK and that was a mistake, time to remedy it. It’s a party day, so I am hoping for light crowds. We have FPs for Big Thunder, Splash, and Haunted Mansion. We’ll also do Pirates, Jingle Cruise, and possibly some of the shows over on that side of the park as well. Our lunch ADR is at Liberty Tree Tavern, a new to us restaurant.

We’ll take our midday break to rest or swim, and then head to Animal Kingdom in the evening. Dinner will hopefully be at Satu’li, I have been thinking of the beef bowl since July. Hopefully we can ride Dinosaur, it’s one of the boys favorites, and see Rivers of Light.

Your second day sounds great, too! You're having lunch at one of my favorite lunch spots (it's definitely my favorite lunch spot in MK!) - I hope you love it! Enjoy the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

Yum, LTT and Satuli Canteen in the same day?! I haven't eaten there yet but it's a must-do on my upcoming trip. MK and AK are my current favorite parks so I think a day that includes both of them sounds fabulous! Great Fastpass choices, too!

Sounds like a great day planned at MK and AK! Good FP choices :thumbsup2
Thanks, hopefully I can actually get the boys ON Splash and it will be perfect. :rotfl2:
That sounds like an awesome day- with yummy food! I'm trying out LTT in April on my girls trip!
I'm really excited to try LTT, bring on all of the delicious food.

Your second day sounds great, too! You're having lunch at one of my favorite lunch spots (it's definitely my favorite lunch spot in MK!) - I hope you love it! Enjoy the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!
Wow that good to hear! I am so excited to finally try it.

Yum, LTT and Satuli Canteen in the same day?! I haven't eaten there yet but it's a must-do on my upcoming trip. MK and AK are my current favorite parks so I think a day that includes both of them sounds fabulous! Great Fastpass choices, too!
You're going to love Satu'li, I can't wait to eat there every time.

One Month From Today

12/9

This is the morning we have been waiting years for, finally stepping foot into Galaxy’s Edge. We are huge Star Wars fans, and I’m just so excited to see it all. Now I have done my best to avoid spoilers, but sadly most of the things I have heard about the land have been negative. I want to go in with fresh eyes though, and just enjoy it for what it is. I don’t have much of a plan yet, but I am thinking rope drop Rise and then try and get on Millennium Falcon. I have been crossing my fingers for extra magic hours, but right now DHS only has ONE day for EMH and it's Sunday. Pray for me I don't loose my mind with three boys waiting for a ride on opening week. Our FPs this day are for Muppet Vision, Star Tours, and TSM. I think other than the FP, we will mainly focus on the Star Wars stuff this day.

Our midday break will probably be much shorter this day, just a quick change and rest before we head to Epcot. I will be trying for a 4th FP at Soarin or FEA. We will eat dinner at the holiday kitchens and spend some time listening to the storytellers. We will also see Epcot Forever from inside the park this time.

Reactions: DLo
My brother’s family went all out.
That is awesome!
In other news, my dad finally got approval for his vacation. It is official, we’re ALL going to Disney!
Great news!
Sunday, we had a one month til Disney day.
I love everything you did to mark the occasion!
After dinner I want to head over to Grand Floridian to check out the gingerbread house. After that, the plan is to hang out at the Boardwalk, possibly see some of the performances they have there and then watch Epcot Forever from there as well. The day will be packed, but we’ll take it at a leisurely pace.
I've got to admit, I'm a little concerned for you about this... I was at a conference in Nashville a couple of years ago that the President attended and it was chaos... roads closed, the facility essentially on lockdown for hours before and then after until the president's plane was in the air. It does cause a severe disruption. I'm sure Disney is going to work with the Secret Service to make it as minimal as possible, but they tend to try to keep traffic and vehicles a significant distance away from wherever the President is or will be traveling, so I'd imagine there will be some disruptions. If he's done and gone before you're heading into the MK area, you should be ok, but just be prepared to possibly have to deal with disruptions going to dinner and trying to visit GF.
This is the morning we have been waiting years for, finally stepping foot into Galaxy’s Edge. We are huge Star Wars fans, and I’m just so excited to see it all.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what your family thinks about all of it!

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but must admit SWGE looks pretty cool to me! I think most of the annoyance seems to be they concentrated on recreating things from the recent movies rather than the original trilogy. I think if you look for the fun things and enjoy the atmosphere, you'll have a great time!

An evening exploring the holiday things at Epcot sounds absolutely delightful. :goodvibes

I love everything you did to mark the occasion!
Thanks

I've got to admit, I'm a little concerned for you about this... I was at a conference in Nashville a couple of years ago that the President attended and it was chaos... roads closed, the facility essentially on lockdown for hours before and then after until the president's plane was in the air. It does cause a severe disruption. I'm sure Disney is going to work with the Secret Service to make it as minimal as possible, but they tend to try to keep traffic and vehicles a significant distance away from wherever the President is or will be traveling, so I'd imagine there will be some disruptions. If he's done and gone before you're heading into the MK area, you should be ok, but just be prepared to possibly have to deal with disruptions going to dinner and trying to visit GF.
Okay this scared me. My biggest concern is getting to the hotel, so hopefully we get in a very different time than Trump. If we can't get to dinner it would be disappointing, but not the end of the world. We'll have to just play it by ear.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your family thinks about all of it!
While I understand the criticisms and agree to an extend, I think we will enjoy it.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but must admit SWGE looks pretty cool to me! I think most of the annoyance seems to be they concentrated on recreating things from the recent movies rather than the original trilogy. I think if you look for the fun things and enjoy the atmosphere, you'll have a great time!
I really wish they would have focused on the original trilogy, and that is coming from a fan of the new movies. I think will love it though.

An evening exploring the holiday things at Epcot sounds absolutely delightful. :goodvibes
I can't wait, I told the boys about it and they are really excited about the storytellers.

One Month From Today

12/10

This is our last day, with just our family of five. We have a pre-RD reservation at Be Our Guest, so we will be there super early this morning. The plan is to be done early and get on SDMT first thing and maybe even ride twice. We will focus much of our attention on Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Our FPs are for the speedway, Buzz, and Space. At 12 the boys have their appointments at Pirates League to turn into pirates. This was such a fun experience last time, so I am excited for them to do it again. We’ll probably try and ride Pirates and watch FoF before we head out for the day.

That evening we head back to DHS. We have an ADR at 50’s Prime Time, which I am only now realizing should be an interesting experience with the boys looking like Pirates :rotfl2: . We also have an ADR for Oga’s but I am thinking I might drop it. I was able to get a Droid Depot appointment for all the boys and the two reservations are too close I think. I am excited for the boys to build droids. The rest of the evening is pretty open.

I'll be curious if your PPO ADR at BOG (boy, that's a lot of acronyms! :laughing: ) works well in your favor and gives you a good jumpstart in Fantasyland. I'm thinking of trying this in May for exactly the same reason!

I remember your pictures from Pirate's League - I'm sure your boys will love to do this again! Their visit may result in some fun additional antics at 50's Prime Time, but as that's most of the fun at 50's I'm sure it will only enhance your experience!

I'll be curious if your PPO ADR at BOG (boy, that's a lot of acronyms! :laughing: ) works well in your favor and gives you a good jumpstart in Fantasyland. I'm thinking of trying this in May for exactly the same reason!
What's funny is, I booked it and then realized it was a day that normally has Early magic, and I thought we would be screwed. For whatever reason the week we are there is the only week where they changed the EMM, and it will be happening another week, so I think our odds of getting a head start will be good.

I remember your pictures from Pirate's League - I'm sure your boys will love to do this again! Their visit may result in some fun additional antics at 50's Prime Time, but as that's most of the fun at 50's I'm sure it will only enhance your experience!
Hopefully, the boys will enjoy the antics

Glad you were able to get a droid reservation!
Me too, it was kind of an after thought, because I originally booked the saber building, but I am glad I changed my mind.

One Month From Today

12/11

This is the day my parents are set to arrive. They will be coming in on a red-eye from Seattle, so they will most likely sleep for a while when they get there. The five of us will head to AK for rope drop. We’ll probably rope drop NRJ, then we have FPs for EE, Dino, and FoP. I think the boys might like the Animation Experience too, so we might try and squeeze that in. My parents have all the same FPs as us, but more than likely they will meet up with us for the final one for FoP. We’ll have lunch at satu’li, I will need more of the beef bowl in my life.

After an afternoon break, we will head to Epcot for our dinner at Biergarten and the Candlelight Processional. My brother and his family land at 8 on this night, so we may stop over to say hello, depending on when they get to the hotel. They won’t be joining us in the park until the next day.

I am SO EXCITED to finally be able to try Satu'li Canteen in May! I'm thrilled to see you have it in your plans for next month! That lunch plus your FoP Fastpasses should make for an excellent time at Animal Kingdom.

Have so much fun at your dinner and the Candlelight Processional! Is it your first time at the Biergarten? We tried it in 2015 and thought it was fun.

I am SO EXCITED to finally be able to try Satu'li Canteen in May! I'm thrilled to see you have it in your plans for next month! That lunch plus your FoP Fastpasses should make for an excellent time at Animal Kingdom.

Have so much fun at your dinner and the Candlelight Processional! Is it your first time at the Biergarten? We tried it in 2015 and thought it was fun.
It will be our first time. We figured the guys would like it. I am pretty excited to try something new though.

I almost forgot to post today. Disney+ has taken over my household. Have ya'll seen The Imagineering Story yet??? Sooooo good. Okay back to your regularly scheduled post :surfweb:

One Month From Today

12/12

The first day everyone is together!! This is both exciting and daunting to say the least. We all have very different touring styles, so I think we might be apart more than together, but we do have certain things planned together. This is our day to sleep in, so that’s what we’ll be doing. Meanwhile, the other groups will be headed to MK for a morning in Fantasyland. I booked them some fastpasses at Peter Pan and Under the Sea. They are supposed to leave at 11, to meet us in Disney Springs. We will head to DS a littler earlier to try and meet Santa. At 12:30 we have a reservation for Homecomin’ and then we’ll probably all do the Christmas Tree Trail, before heading back to relax.

At 4:00 we will hit MVMCP, We have FPs for Jingle Cruise, Pirates, and SDMT. Brother and SIL will use their final FP for Winnie while the rest of us ride SDMT. We’ll have a QS dinner before the party starts. Once the party starts, we will be pretty constrained time wise. Maybe have time for a ride or two before staking out our spot on Main Street around 7:30. The first stage show is at 7:40, Castle lighting at 8:15, and then the parade at 8:30. I would love to do the 11:00 parade but last year the boys feel asleep and my SIL wants to leave after the fireworks, so 8:30 parade it is. Once the parade is over we will probably stick around for the fireworks. It kinda stinks that 3 hours of the party is taken up because we need to stay in the hub. With us needing the 8:30 parade I just don’t see a way around it. Once the fireworks are over, hopefully with a late morning and break in the afternoon, we can get on some rides and do some treat stations. We’ll play it by ear.

I think I'm the only person alive that wasn't watching Disney+ last night (based on my Facebook feed, etc.). Shockingly we haven't signed up for it yet... with limited free time and a toddler that doesn't yet watch TV, it's just not a current priority. (I'm sure it will become one sooner than I think, though, based on some of the things I've read that are on the streaming service. It would be so much fun to watch the Gummi Bears and Duck Tales - it would be reliving my childhood with a "Disney Afternoon"!)

It's always such a good idea to have one low-key, sleep-in morning. You need those at Disney! Based on the many reports I've seen reviewing it I'm sure you'll have a great meal at Homecomin'.

I'm sure it will be tough to have less flexibility at the party since you have a bigger group and have to consider everyone's needs, but I'm sure you'll find ways to have a great time regardless. I hope your party isn't too busy and you're not fighting for space everywhere you go!

I think I'm the only person alive that wasn't watching Disney+ last night (based on my Facebook feed, etc.). Shockingly we haven't signed up for it yet... with limited free time and a toddler that doesn't yet watch TV, it's just not a current priority. (I'm sure it will become one sooner than I think, though, based on some of the things I've read that are on the streaming service. It would be so much fun to watch the Gummi Bears and Duck Tales - it would be reliving my childhood with a "Disney Afternoon"!)
My kids got into the car yesterday, and immediately asked if they could watch Darkwing Duck. I was like, "What year is it?" :rotfl2: My kids only watch Disney, so to be able to add to that with shows from my childhood was totally worth it, plus DH and I were so excited for The Mandalorian.

It's always such a good idea to have one low-key, sleep-in morning. You need those at Disney! Based on the many reports I've seen reviewing it I'm sure you'll have a great meal at Homecomin'.
We ate at Homecomin last year and it immediately jumped to our must do list, I'm excited to take my dad there. He loves food, and I think he will love this place.

I'm sure it will be tough to have less flexibility at the party since you have a bigger group and have to consider everyone's needs, but I'm sure you'll find ways to have a great time regardless. I hope your party isn't too busy and you're not fighting for space everywhere you go!
My only hope is that we have a big enough group to save some space and then a couple of us can sneak off during the waits to get treats and things, so we're not just stuck for 3 hours.

Sounds like it will be a busy but fun day with the whole family!
I will definitely be busy. I warned them all, that in order to get everything done that everyone wanted, we were going non-stop the entire 4 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter