The THYROID Thread

sunb75- hope your son can get some answers to his health issues. Wishing him all the best.

Well the one announcement I thought would be good turned into a giant mess. Dh was first suppose to go to Virginia weekly and then they talked about him doing work there so we would move there and just rent some place. Now Virginia decided they want to do everything themselves, gheesh. So that is now off the table. They laid off 65 people where dh works and alot from his old department. He left that place when I first got cancer so it was good. He had a horrible boss who was going to make him go to Russia alot so God worked it all out for the good for sure.

A week from Thurs. we will be in Disney. This week I will make the town car and wheelchair reservations. Still need the MVMCP tickets. I was watching the weather first. Its on a sunday so it could sell out. I hope not.

I have a bad infection in two of my teeth. Went to the dentist and the same endodontist dh went to. This guy is gong to Fl this week and I told him I am gong next week, so I doubt anything will happen. He gave me an antibiotic. I think this will get accomplished toward the new year. My tooth hurts on and off. Going to bring aleve, tylenol and some tooth gel with me. Dh had ambesol but I had something from walmart that worked and tasted much better.

Hope everyone is doing well. Check in when you can, oh and the next separate post will be the big announcement!!!!!!! It deserves its own post!!!

The Big Announcement!!!!!party::jumping1::cheer2::cheer2::flower1::cloud9::):):daisy::flower::flower:
There are just not enough smilies for this,,,

Ds2 got engaged yesterday!!! He told us a few weeks ago and told us not to tell anyone, even his brothers. He showed us the ring. He said it cost less than a car lol. He took her to the city yesterday. She already said she never wanted to get engaged at the Rockefeller Center tree. So ds hired a professional photographer and he proposed at the fountain at Lincoln Center. He posted a few pictures and one was them kissing with the radio city sign in the background and the tree from there. Magical! and so New York of course!!

They are talking about a fall wedding but they will have to see what places are available. They like gardens and the beach. They want a small wedding party, just her two sisters and a friend, our two boys and her brother in law.

Next year will be very busy around here for sure. I really cant do much physically and her parents are like 10 years older than dh and I and the mom is not well either, so maybe her one sister can help. She also is not well. It will be interesting.

Oh and to keep things interesting. She has hashimotos and is gluten free too!!! Yay for a girl in the family and her name is my grandmas name and my sisters middle name.

LMP: Congrats to your son!! You sound very happy about it. Sounds like wonderful news!

Sorry to hear you won't be coming to Virginia! I thought maybe we could do a meetup if you did!

My son found out he will be working in McLean, VA when he starts work in the summer (after graduation). We thought it would probably be Richmond, but he got his choice of McLean. Not sure how I feel about that. I think his money and quality of life would have gone a lot farther in Richmond, but he wanted to be in this area. So, it's expensive and lots of traffic.

Not much else to report. All is very boring!

LMP, congrats for your son’s engagement

Christine I had the same situation when my son moved to VA for his job
He moved opposite of what we thought would be better

After two years of him living there, he agreed with us

Hope all are doing fine
Everyone have their Christmas plans made?

Congratulations on your son's engagement! So exciting!

DH has been keeping me busy with his hospital follow ups - so far everything has been good. Today he had an echocardiogram to check if the strain on the right ventricle has reversed after the pulmonary embolisms. It still amazes me how blessed we are that we got him to the doctor in time.

My yearly endo appointment was good - she says after no recurrence in 25 years, I'm good to go. lol Keeping me on same synthroid dosage but she wasn't happy with my blood pressure. Told me to follow up with my primary, who decided to increase one of my meds. Never a dull moment!

Off to Disney for Christmas to spend it with our CM DD. She's working most of the holidays, but we'll be there to take her to breakfast or dinner before or after work. DH is returning after 7 nights - I'm staying an additional week. We'll be at POFQ during his stay, then I'll stay at her apartment until my final two nights - where we'll stay at Coronado Springs so I can use Magical Express. Decided not to rent a car this trip.

Still deciding about putting up the Christmas tree this year, since we won't be home. I've done some "decorating-lite", not my usual all out theming. Just too tired this year. I'm also skipping my baking this year. I need a break!

My parents are turning 80 (Dad this month & Mom next November.) DH & I decided to take them on a Disney Cruise from NY to Bermuda this coming October. I really don't have it in me to put on another massive party (I'm the one that usually runs everything) and thought this might be a better way to spend the money. Since they have some health issues, it will be better if we are along to keep an eye on things. We told them this weekend and they were shocked and thrilled. Hopefully everyone will stay well and we can enjoy this trip with them!

singingmom - glad for your dh good reports and hope you have a great time in disney over the holidays with your dh and dd.

It was crazy busy when we were there. I had to balance doing alot with dh wanting to not do too much lol. We did the best we could as dh usually doesnt get going till at least 11 am and more like noon. This would always frustrate the ds to no end when they were with us. Sometimes I would just go with them to the park growing up.

Anyways dh was not impressed with the navi river ride. He loved his crab legs at cape may and he said his best meal was at Kona Cafe. I liked Marrakesh the best. The candlelight processional was good as always. Loved hearing Trace Atkins. We also did the MVMCP. We sure ate alot of snacks that they had. 4 types of cookies, chocolates, sparkling cider, eggnog (yuck!), sparkling cider, and snow cones/balls and snowman soft pretzels. We also did the refillable popcorn bucket. Worst meal was at Skippers Canteen.

Had some issues at the hotel mainly with housekeeping. We also got one persons suitcase that was not ours, Had to wait 6 hours for toilet paper and dh finally got some when the manager brought it to the room, the hotel manager!! gheesh! The weather was really nice. One day almost 80. Our room was on the 2nd floor. The view was ok but it was a pain to get on the elevators at busy times. You had to wait a while. I walked as much as I could. Hurt my back one night. Really more of the sciatic nerve I think. I loved the decorations and the music.

Oh and while we were away ds1 put a bid in on a house. We kept telling him it was too much money. W kept asking him questions and all he could say was I dont know or I didn't ask this. Gosh I hope he does not get this house. He just doesnt think or ask the right questions, like when was the roof replaced, when was the cesspool pumped last, how old is the oil burner etc. We told him this is the most important financial decision of your life so be very sure etc. Also when was it painted last? The list in my mind never ends. His list has not even started.

Today is our future dil b day. I sent her a text and said love my name, mom last initial or whatever you want to call me etc. She texted back and said I am so glad to be part of this family, love you mom, how sweet!!

Well my tooth infection is healed I think, so next is the root canals, then I need a flu shot, mammo and blood tests for tsh and tg. I dont know why the endo is testing for tg when she knows mine shows undetectable and the cancer was still there. Any ideas oh thyroid peeps??

I also just started opening all the collected mail. Read one christmas card from my cousin and his wife wrote that he has prostate cancer like his dad did and also he had to have his bladder radically removed and is not out of the woods yet she said. Doesnt sound too great. He really doesnt speak to any of the other cousins. I am just thankful he sends a christmas card.

Wishing you all a joyous holiday season. Check in when you can.

Sounds like a lot happening in your house LMP
Fantastic you are gaining a daughter!

Haven’t done anything for Christmas yet and not much time left until it is here

Cancelled my December 12 surgery as I could not get all the tests done and faxed to the surgeon
Rescheduled it for January 9

Dreading it as winter weather is always so unpredictable for travel

Hope all here have a glorious Christmas and time with their families and loved ones

Greetings everyone and hope you all are ready for the holidays! I just got home from work and will be off through Wednesday! Now I need to get my house in order. Nothing big going on here--my parents will come for dinner (making a lot of the food) and we have a brunch planned for the morning of Christmas Eve for my son's birthday, which was yesterday.

LMP--not sure why your endo keeps testing Tg, but I guess it's just to cover all the bases just to be sure it doesn't start acting up.

Re: the bladder stuff. My coworker's husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few months ago. It's an aggressive form so they it's likely that they will be removing his bladder in January. They are trying some immunotherapy within the bladder first to make sure they can kill off most of it prior to the surgery. There is an issue that it may be working it's way to the kidney.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and stay healthy!

Well I have the christmas crud that is going around here. Even my future dil and family have it too. Ds1 seems to sound the worst right now. I am taking mucinex and coricidin hbp. It doesnt help that the temp is like 13 either.

Well another christmas card and another friend who's husband is having surgery today. sigh.

Also ds2 informed us that they are getting married the last sun in august. I said what, what happened to the fall. He said we dont want to wait. Then I realized my favorite cousin wont be here because he is going on a disney cruise, more sigh. Wait till he hears that because I told him it would be in the fall.

They are paying for the wedding themselves and her mom is buying her dress. She wants a memrmaid style, the one I dont care for. oh well. She is having a black and white wedding so she said she is ok with me wearing navy blue. Or I could look at something black I guess.

The wedding is around noon. It starts with a little snack at 11;30 and it goes until 5:30 I think,. It is a beautifful place with gardens and has its own river, lake and fountain along with peacocks lol. Its not in our county so the drive will be a ways for us. I am sure it will all work out no matter what.

I resubmitted my handicapped parking application so hopefully it will be approved this time.

Happy 2018 to everyone here!!

LMP, hope you feel better soon. I've been trying to just avoid people so I don't catch anything!!! So far, so good. Although I did go out for breakfast this morning to the Cracker Barrel(it's my birthday today, of which I'd like to forget).

I have to agree with you on the mermaid style wedding dress. I've never liked that style at all, but I guess there's something for everyone! I do like a black and white wedding though, it's usually very elegant.

Again, feel better soon and Happy New Year!

Macraven - wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you. When will you be heading to Chicago?

Macraven - wishing you all the best for a successful surgery tomm. Update us when you feel up to it. Hugs and prayers.

Hi y'all I am so excited to see this thread, diagnosed hypo in 2013, 2 months ago diagnosed Hoshimotos plus they found 3 nodgles that Dr did we really have to watch. In top of that I have extremely bad gerds, my body isn't make cortisol and I'm insulin resistant but not diabetic, I have allergies and asthma, I work in an old building and it literly makes me sick, oh and Im anemic..
I'm on cytomel and synthroid,meprigane,cortissone and nexium, xyzal, singular an inhalers.. Yep Im a mess.
So far Ive had no results from any of my thyroid meds and I hate the cortisone as its a steroid and Im gaining weight, I went from a 8 to a 16, so Im very unhappy, Im short so plus size clothes hard to fit right...When I ask dr to take me off the steroids his answer is its too dangerous my blood pressure would drop if I get really sick...
We have a trip planned, I want to loose weight but I dont want to diet, I want to make some better choices and walk, I need to walk to build up to our trip in Sept.
I lost a son in 2016, my mother is in hospice and all the stress Im sure doesnt help, my husband and I dont have a day off together which is very hard as we are joined at the hip, lol

Anyway thats my story... Now Im going to read through this thread

Happy New Year to all! We had a great visit with DD over the holidays, but Florida was only warm for about 4 days of my two and half weeks!! Still - it was great to be with DD and spend time with both the three of us, then just me & my girl. Parks were very crowded most of the time. Since I go so often, the crowds just make me stay away. I'm so spoiled that I wont wait in a line longer than 15 minutes now. LOL

We had a lovely lunch at Chefs de France and then had special seating for the 5:30 Candlelight Processional. I just adore that program. SO beautiful and moving. DD and I even sat through it another evening after DH had returned home. We had some terrific meals this trip - and probably spent way too much money. But, it was a really nice time. Christmas Eve we had dinner at Paddlefish. Food was great - our seats weren't the best, but they did seat us a lot earlier than our original reservation, so I can't complain. Christmas night we had dinner at Brown Derby. Again - very good meal. DD and I had Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. We also ate at Citricos, Kona Café, Tutto Gusto, and California Grill. We tried Maya Grill at Coronado Springs our last night and it was terrific. Service was excellent and the red snapper was delicious! I packed away DD's Christmas decorations in new storage bins and made her an official "hurricane kit" to leave in the closet. I cleaned, cooked, & shopped. I get more done at her apartment than in my own home!

Spoiled rotten me is going back next Friday - DD wants me to go to the Festival of Arts Broadway concert with Kara Lindsey and Kevin Massey. They are husband and wife team who we've had the pleasure of meeting on numerous occasions. Kara starred in Newsies, was Glinda in Wicked, and in Beautiful. Kevin was Tarzan in Germany and was in Memphis and Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. They met in an production of Aladdin. Excited to see them perform together. I'll make it a mom trip by getting DD's car oil changed and cook some meals for her to freeze.

Hi y'all I am so excited to see this thread, diagnosed hypo in 2013, 2 months ago diagnosed Hoshimotos plus they found 3 nodgles that Dr did we really have to watch. In top of that I have extremely bad gerds, my body isn't make cortisol and I'm insulin resistant but not diabetic, I have allergies and asthma, I work in an old building and it literly makes me sick, oh and Im anemic..
I'm on cytomel and synthroid,meprigane,cortissone and nexium, xyzal, singular an inhalers.. Yep Im a mess.
So far Ive had no results from any of my thyroid meds and I hate the cortisone as its a steroid and Im gaining weight, I went from a 8 to a 16, so Im very unhappy, Im short so plus size clothes hard to fit right...When I ask dr to take me off the steroids his answer is its too dangerous my blood pressure would drop if I get really sick...
We have a trip planned, I want to loose weight but I dont want to diet, I want to make some better choices and walk, I need to walk to build up to our trip in Sept.
I lost a son in 2016, my mother is in hospice and all the stress Im sure doesnt help, my husband and I dont have a day off together which is very hard as we are joined at the hip, lol

Anyway thats my story... Now Im going to read through this thread

Wow, sounds as if you have a lot going on.

So for your thyroid meds, you've seen no change in the lab numbers at all? Or do you just not feel any different?

Wow, sounds as if you have a lot going on.

So for your thyroid meds, you've seen no change in the lab numbers at all? Or do you just not feel any different?
I haven't gotten the results back but I feel no different and I still have bags and dark circles under my eyes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!