~The Trip That Changed a Million Times~ An Adults Only Sept 2019 TR NEW 1/24

I am so glad they were able to fix your room. What a nice surprise on the bed!

I’m just glad the room was fixed! The treats were a nice bonus!

Nice pictures from MNSSHP! I like your costumes!!

Sounds like a nice day at Epcot and night at DS!

That sucks about the room issues- I'm glad they made it up to you with the gift card and room treats!

Thanks! Very few people could tell who we were but I didn’t want to do full on costumes!

September 27- Last Minute Fun!

Our alarm was set for 7:00 am today because I managed to get an 8:50 am FP for Flight of Passage the day before. We planned to go to Animal Kingdom today and we were checking out of All Stars Movies and into French Quarter aka Home! Since we drove we just left our stuff in our car which I didn’t love but I didn’t feel like dealing with bag transfers or bell services or whatever. It worked fine but hopefully we don’t have split stays in the future.

We left the resort at 8:30 and literally 5 minutes later we were pulling into AK. It’s so close! The walk from the tram drop off to the front of the park felt long due to the construction but I don’t think it’s any farther than the bus stops. As we were entering the park at 8:45, DiVine was coming out. I don’t think we have ever seen her walking, she was so elegant. I can’t walk like that in tennis shoes, let alone on stilts. We tapped into our FOP FP at 9:00. This was the first time I have ridden it in probably two years. I have mentioned before I get motion sickness and this ride is notorious for that so I usually skip it but I wanted to try it again! I have lost a considerable amount of weight since the last time I rode and the seat was much more comfortable now and I kinda knew when to close my eyes. I enjoyed the ride more this time than any time before and I was glad I found a FP for it!

While in line I was able to push our FP for the safari up a little bit. When we got there the line was super backed up. We heard a CM say they were doing a “hard five” which we guessed meant they weren’t letting people in any earlier than five minutes before their FP. They had to snake the FP line around the normal stroller parking area. It felt like forever but I think it was only 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately we had some annoying people behind us, one of which looked like Jerry Garcia. They were loud and just not very smart, spewing all sorts of wrong information. Other than that it was a good safari.

I grabbed a throw away FP and we headed towards Rafiki’s Planet Watch around 10:40. We have yet to do this and didn’t realize the train showed all the animal barns. It was a long walk and they had a hornbill out who was apparently the model for Zazu in the new Lion King movie which was really cool. She caught some flying grapes and one of the times she did a back flip type thing which was cool. Our main goal was doing the Animation Experience and we apparently just missed one so had to wait almost 40 minutes for the next one. It worked because we got to draw Simba! I don’t know why I always like doing these animation classes because I suck at it and I’m very self critical which turns into me not really having fun. At least the pencils here had working erasers which they urged against you using. I’m thankful for the pre-drawn circles and lines because that’s usually where my issues start. They move so fast! Donnie is a really good artist but he is a perfectionist so he is usually 3 steps behind the animator. He almost forgot Simba’s whiskers! It was fun and I’m sure we will do it again but I just hate how much I suck. There were 8 year olds who did better than me.

We were done a little after 12:00 and mobile ordered Satuli Canteen while on the train. We got our food around 12:30 and it was packed! We had to sit at one of the long “shared seating” tables. Donnie got the beef bowl with noodles and I got the beef bowl with potato hash. I usually get chicken but after the Pecos Bills chicken didn’t agree with me, I felt like Satulis chicken was kinda the same so I decided to try the beef and it was really good! And no acid reflux! A couple girls, maybe 9 or 10 years old were eating next to us and they got grapes as a side. They were both peeling their grapes... is that normal? I have never peeled a grape in my life. The whole time we sat there I think they got through 4 grapes each.

At some point, since I got that throw away FP, I was able to book another 1st tier and found Navi River Journey which is my fave! This ride is so pretty and relaxing! We luckily got a row to ourselves but unluckily got a yelling child behind us. They weren’t yelling like crying they were yelling at their mother asking questions about the ride. “Mommy! Look at that! Mommy! What is that?!” And Mommy wasn’t replying! I don’t blame the kid, they were excited and wanted their mom to know it but be a parent and reply to your child, please!

We had no plans for the evening and I was still not feeling great with my runny nose. I was so tired from the heat so I was thinking of what we could do that would be fun, cool, and require limited walking. I considered seeing a movie at Disney Springs but there was no movies out we wanted to see and haven’t already seen. So I thought about Hoop Dee Doo. We went for the first time in January and had a great time but I figured there’d be no way they had anything open for the same day. I got online and checked for the 4:00 show and they had availability for tier 3 which was perfect for us! Sooo we had to leave AK so we could get to POFQ and get cleaned up/ready for the night.

I was checking the app all day to see if we got a room because on our online check in I said we would be arriving at 11 am. We didn’t have a room yet so we stopped at the lobby and found out “our” room wasn’t ready yet so I again begged for an available room because it was about 2:00 and we had a 4:00 Hoop Dee Doo reservation. The cm called someone and they found a room for us! We were really pushing it for time and we are not late people. When we went to the show in January we were getting on a boat from MK at 2:30, the full 90 minutes in advance that they suggest.

We had our car but we knew we’d have to park at the main building then get a bus to Pioneer Hall so I did some googling and found out Minnie Vans could drop you off right at Pioneer Hall. We quickly got ready and requested a Minnie Van at 3:21. We were being dropped off at 3:37. They don’t even let you in until 4:00 exactly so there’s no need to be early. We got seating in the very back at a high top table. The website showed tier 3 seating was upstairs but we loved it! We could see perfectly. The server didn’t see my allergy on the reservation but apparently the chef knew about it so he came over and told me what I could have which was almost everything. This chef was awesome and I enjoyed my experience so much more this time!

In January I was disappointed because I had read they have gluten free corn bread and I wasn’t offered any and my “special” strawberry shortcake was the strawberries and whipped cream with some chocolate chip cookies. This time I got the gluten free cornbread, they brought me my own chicken which I took the skin off of (was worried about the seasoning), and I was able to eat the ribs, mashed potatoes, and beans. They brought extra cornbread but I was too full! And then I got a real strawberry shortcake! I was so excited and it was really yummy. Donnie tasted it and said it was good. It kind of tasted like a pound cake because it was super dense with a crunchy sugar coating on top. I had to stop myself from eating it all.

We decided to go to Hollywood Studios for the evening. We could have taken a bus from Pioneer Hall to MK then another bus to HS but the bus to the main lobby area was there first so we went there then a bus to HS. It probably would have been faster the other way but oh well. We got to HS around 6:30 and I had snagged us a FP for TSM for 7:00. While in line and through the power of refreshing I got us a Slinky Dog Dash FP for 7:50.

After TSM we ran to see the 7:30 Frozen Sing A-Long. It was fun as always. Then we went back to Toy Story Land to ride SDD which again was fun as always. The main reason we wanted to come back to HS was to go back to Galaxy’s Edge so that’s where we went next.

The wait time for Smuggler’s Run was about 45 minutes so we decided to do single rider knowing we would more than likely get engineer again. They kept needing two single riders so we thought we might get to go together but we didn’t. And yes we both got engineer. The wait was about 10-15 minutes. I got put with a family of 5 and the two little kids were the pilots. The kids spoke English but the parents didn’t. The parents were the gunners and they didn’t do anything the whole time. The kids crashed on more than one occasion but it was still fun. Donnie said his pilots crashed too and when they came out everything looked broken. I didn’t pay attention so I don’t know if it looked the same for me or not.

I asked him if we wanted to do it again but he said no so we got some blue milk again and headed out. We got to the bus stop at 9:30 and a bus was pulling up! I got some gluten free beignets when we got back to the resort and ate them in bed. I’m sure we were asleep pretty quickly after the long day.

Sounds like a great morning at AK! Nice score getting Navi as a same day FP!

What a nice surprise getting to go to HDD! Your seats were good too!

Great FPs at DHS! You had a lot of luck on your side! Sounds like a great night :)

September 28- Our Last Day aka Lets Get the Heck our of Here

We sadly had to check out of French Quarter today but we were only going down the road to Riverside so we decided to pack up, put our bags in the car and park as close to the bus stop at FQ as possible. But first we got breakfast. I asked to talk to the chef and got gluten free Mickey waffles and bacon and Donnie got a croissant sandwich both of which were yummy!

We had no plans today except for MK for some FP in the evening. They announced the Chef Figment POP Figure was coming out at Epcot this day. Donnie collects POP Figures and we were in the mood for some more Food and Wine so we hopped on an Epcot bus a bit before 11:00. If the line to get into Epcot wasn’t a hint then the cars parked on the grass at 11:00 am should have been. When planning this trip originally I was purposely avoiding going to Food and Wine on the weekend but I thought “how bad could it be at 11:00 am?” The answer? BAD! We went to MouseGears and we got the POP Figure and I got a shirt I had been eyeing up. We had big plans of getting Canada filets, I wanted more cheese bread from Brazil and another creme brûlée from France.

We start to walk to World Showcase and get stopped by a CM complimenting Donnie’s T-shirt which had the original Genie on it. I immediately recognize that he is a DVC CM but he’s nice enough so continue talking to him. He was very much a “dude” guy. Reminded me of Crush from Finding Nemo the way he talked. He asks how long we have been married, we tell him we have been together for 17 years. “Duuuuudeeee no way. That’s amazing guys. Woah bro.” And gives us 17 stickers. It’s like 95 degrees and we are in the direct sun and his DVC booth is right there with shade and a fan. I didn’t put sun screen on today and I can feel myself burning. Donnie is still chatting with him having a grand old time and he starts to transition into his pitch for a tour. Normally we would love to do a tour. Get either a gift card or some FP for it, check out what a DVC room looks like, get free transportation, etc. But this is our last day and we’ve got stuff to do, namely getting our filet. So we wrap it up and say thanks but no thanks and go on our way. That’s when Donnie says “did you know he was DVC the whole time?!” Lol! He thought it was just a friendly chatty CM.

Anyways we finally get into World Showcase and turn right and see the the Shimmering Sips booth (whatever that is) has a line of at least 25 people. Not a good sign but we decide to check out Canada since it’s pretty close. Nope. Nope. Nope. Turn around and leave now! I don’t handle crowds well, I don’t handle standing well, I don’t handle sun well. So standing in a crowd in the sun waiting to order then the same thing to wait to get the food wasn’t happening today. If we didn’t turn around and leave right then I was going to have a bad day. Donnie, the amazing husband that he is, understands this about me and is similar but to a less severe degree so we got the heck out of there without our filet or my cheese bread.

We were planning on going to MK so we headed to the monorail which wasn’t too crowded, probably because everyone was coming to Epcot! We got on the monorail a little after 12. When we got to the TTC we had a decision to make- get on the express monorail straight to MK or hop on the resort monorail and make a pit stop at the Poly for dole whip. Easy decision. We got to the Poly around 12:45 and I got a regular Dole Whip and Donnie got the special Yoda cone which was just lime in a cone. He said it was really good and liked it more than the raspberry(?) from the Redd’s Revenge float.

We booked Skipper Canteen for around 4:00 but we were hungry now so tried to move it up. I saw a 2:10 so grabbed that and kept trying for an earlier one but it just kept showing me the 2:10 as an option even though that’s what I already had. We got on the monorail at the Poly at 1:15 and had mentioned on the way over that we forgot to get a picture in front of the pumpkins on Main Street but “oh well cause the line is gonna be long and in the sun” but when we got there the line was non existent! Too bad I’m weirdly in the shade in the pictures.

We had nothing we wanted to do so we just checked into Skipper Canteen 30 minutes early. The CM started to say we wouldn’t be able to get seated but then kinda said we can check you in so I thought we might get in a little early. Unfortunately no, we got the text 10 minutes after our reservation time. Oh well, we were just hungry! We both already knew what we were getting. I got the Tastes Like Chicken and Donnie got the steak (don’t know the official name). Our server was not into the shtick at all but we didn’t care. I loved my food! I got it without the chili glaze because it’s too spicy and got sweet and sour sauce instead which was perfect! I wish I could eat it right now! Donnie really liked his steak, too. But he doesn’t meet very many steaks he doesn’t like.

I was really tired and still a little sick so I was ready to just lay down but our traditional last ride is the Peoplemover so we headed over there where we waited the longest we have ever waited for the Peoplemover. It was about 15-20 minutes. After our ride around Tomorrowland I was ready to go. It made it more bearable that we were planning on coming back in January.

We said our final goodbye to the castle and got the bus stop around 4:00. We were going back to FQ so I could get more beignets and so we could get our car and move over to Riverside. I ordered my gluten free beignets and the girl takes the slip to the back and tells me to wait so I stand there thinking she had something else to say but she comes back out and asks what I want as if I wasn’t the same person she just took an order from. I step to the side and wait. And wait. And wait. I see a chef come out with a ticket asking a different cm something and I just have a feeling it’s about my beignets. The other cm blows her off and she’s about to go back to the kitchen when I ask if she’s asking about gluten free beignets. She says yes, verifies I’m the one waiting for them, apologizes profusely and says she will have them right out. All together I waited probably 20 minutes and she told me not to pay for them which happened in January too!

We had our room number for Riverside so drove right to our building. We are on the second floor so we have to go to the elevator. Big mistake! The walk to the elevator and then to our room was probably 7 minutes when it would have been maybe 2-3 if we took the stairs. Ughh that’s why I hate upper floors. It was about 5:15 when we got to the room. Donnie was planning to go to HS and I was planning to watch Netflix or YouTube. Donnie got a FP for TSM to see if it’s any easier with only one person and he said it wasn’t. He got another Ronto Wrap and blue milk and rode Smuggler’s Run in the single rider line. While he was out I was checking out FP and around 6:30 the app showed MK was out of FP for the night! It wasn’t a party night either, they were open til 10 pm! I made the right decision in staying in the room.

I actually decided to go get something to eat because I didn’t want to eat just beignets for dinner. I got a prime rib sandwich on a gluten free sub roll. It was sooo good! Honestly, it’s a basic roast beef sandwich but I don’t think I have had one in almost 2 years so it tasted like filet mignon!

Donnie came back early because he missed me (awwww) and we got packed up and went to bed early-ish since we had a 14 hour drive ahead of us the next day. (Which we successfully completed but no need to make a boring post about 16 hours on the road)

I forgot to post these from All Stars Movies!

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did! I’m sorry I was all over the place with posting. I’m going to try my best to have a better posting schedule with my next TR. I hope to get that started this weekend and will post a link here when I do!

Sorry I somehow missed the final postigns of your trip! But it sounded like your last day was fun! And I'm hopping over to your new report now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter