The upcoming multi-day ticket tiering

Interesting thing to think about is that Disney is testing out a new Ticketing Kiosk, at AK which involves no cast member, allows you up modify upgrade ticket and even by annual passes, or passes to special shows. I wonder if this is Disney trying to test out something and get it working before they introduce the teiring. If you think about it, Disney could have a bank of 20 of these at the park entrances and if someone had the wrong day teir ticket, the cast member could just point to a bank of machines and tell them to go and upgrade it there.

Not necessarily. There are two types of resellers. One type buys pre-issued tickets in bulk, and they may have more of a challenge deciding what mix of tickets to buy. But some resellers are tied into Disney’s system and issue tickets on demand, so they will just issue whatever the guest wants to buy when they want to buy it like a Disney ticket window would. The challenge for both will be making sure the customer knows what they are buying.

:eek: As a reseller in the latter category (my company's system is tied into Disney's and we issue tickets on demand), going to tiered multi-day tickets will still be a logistical nightmare for us. Our e-biz department already refuses to create an algorithm for the one-day tiered tickets (customers must purchase them in-person at our one of our retail locations because it would require "too much coding" to set up tiered one-day tickets for WDW and UO on our online shopping cart) so I can only imagine the hoops we'll have to jump through to get tiered multi-day passes into our online marketplace. Furthermore, my company currently allows customers to return their unused tickets for a refund; I imagine that we will see an exponential increase in the number of returns/"exchanges" (we don't upgrade tickets but guests can return their original tickets and re-purchase new tickets) because customers have changed their plans and will no longer be traveling during a Value/Anytime/Peak period. There's also the education factor--customers will need to be counseled as to which ticket product they will need based on the dates that they will be traveling. As one member of a two-person team that issues approximately $3,000,000 in WDW tickets annually, this change will likely make my life MUCH more difficult.

:eek: As a reseller in the latter category (my company's system is tied into Disney's and we issue tickets on demand), going to tiered multi-day tickets will still be a logistical nightmare for us. Our e-biz department already refuses to create an algorithm for the one-day tiered tickets (customers must purchase them in-person at our one of our retail locations because it would require "too much coding" to set up tiered one-day tickets for WDW and UO on our online shopping cart) so I can only imagine the hoops we'll have to jump through to get tiered multi-day passes into our online marketplace. Furthermore, my company currently allows customers to return their unused tickets for a refund; I imagine that we will see an exponential increase in the number of returns/"exchanges" (we don't upgrade tickets but guests can return their original tickets and re-purchase new tickets) because customers have changed their plans and will no longer be traveling during a Value/Anytime/Peak period. There's also the education factor--customers will need to be counseled as to which ticket product they will need based on the dates that they will be traveling. As one member of a two-person team that issues approximately $3,000,000 in WDW tickets annually, this change will likely make my life MUCH more difficult.

I can only imagine how difficult the transition would be if Disney goes with this model. The coding would be a Pain i am sure. I am hopping that if Disney does to this it wont force to many places to break away from Disney. I would hate for there not to be alternatives for people to acquire there tickets for a cheaper price.

At least Universal is safe for now

You need a :hug:

You'll have long work days ahead when the ticket system changes.

You need a :hug:

You'll have long work days ahead when the ticket system changes.
Aw, thanks for the support. I am praying that the change won't happen but preparing myself for the likelihood that it will (and the subsequent likelihood that UO will follow suit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter