The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

... Now here's hoping they finish the California Screamin redo by the time we arrive!!
I also have a big trip next June, and hope Screamin is done. Disney has not announced a specific date, and the new loading area seems to be a large project.
...DD wants to design Disney resorts, so I'm sure we'll spend some time just looking around the resort.
DD might find these VGC plans interesting.

Ok. One two three go! Tell me what you have and I’ll tell you if I won :o

Seriously, spinning about what days to book. I have 200 points I want to use-100
that expire 7/31. I could borrow from 2018 as well. I am hoping to go this week-but I also am looking at black out dates. SoCal passes oddly blocked Weds through Sat that week-definitely would like to plan around that. And need to return home by Saturday. Hmmmmm. Our other option is July, but points jump then....

I GOT MY RESERVATION!!! June 19-23, 2 bedroom. The days I wanted-midweek, most passes blocked, week after my kids get out of school and the week before points jump. So excited! Really was torn about getting the two bdrm vs 1 bedroom, but this enables us to bring our adult daughter’s boyfriend and his little daughter-they’ve never been (he’s never been on a plane!), and figured we might as well go big for our first trip on our own points.

Now off to look at room request suggestions :)

I GOT MY RESERVATION!!! June 19-23, 2 bedroom. The days I wanted-midweek, most passes blocked, week after my kids get out of school and the week before points jump. So excited! Really was torn about getting the two bdrm vs 1 bedroom, but this enables us to bring our adult daughter’s boyfriend and his little daughter-they’ve never been (he’s never been on a plane!), and figured we might as well go big for our first trip on our own points.
Welcome Home :thumbsup2
I used similar logic, and have a BIG trip planned the week prior to your visit.

Welcome Home :thumbsup2
I used similar logic, and have a BIG trip planned the week prior to your visit.

I’m now tempted to extend a day or two-thinking that I might borrow all the points from 2018 since our next trip won’t be til 2020 and I’d like to try going in the fall or winter-if I’m tracking use year correctly I couldn’t use those points then anyway.

Now off to look at room request suggestions :)
Congrats!!! Wish me luck for a one bedroom on your exact dates too. I have enough points but have to wait til Friday to book. Doesn’t look good right now cause there isn’t availability already for Tuesday the 19th. Your paper covered my rock. Lol.

Finally got in! After a couple of days at 8am with no luck today was my lucky day. Got a 1 bedroom June 21-25 Thursday-Monday. Not the days that I wanted but I’ll take it. Right at the end before the points jump. I still have the 19-23 waitlisted though.

Just grabbed it right before I came here! Weird that waitlist doesn’t catch these-and so glad that stalking pays off. Thanks for looking out for me.

In case people missed it. Seems Disneyland's new hotel is going to shrink the DVC parking area considerably as seen by their model photo.

10_17_WDI_9901.-900jpg.jpg
Wow...The place is a Monster...700 ROOMS. I wonder if they'll utilize some for DVC? It looks to me as if Earl of Sandwich, ESPN and Rain Forest are adios...unless they are encompassed into the new resort?

I was in line behind a DVC management person at the Disneyland Moonlight Magic event Nov 15, and she told me it was confirmed that there would be no DVC as part of the new hotel at Disneyland. Something to do with timeshare beaurocracy in Anaheim I think. Too bad, but I guess it means VGC will hold its value!

I was in line behind a DVC management person at the Disneyland Moonlight Magic event Nov 15, and she told me it was confirmed that there would be no DVC as part of the new hotel at Disneyland. Something to do with timeshare beaurocracy in Anaheim I think. Too bad, but I guess it means VGC will hold its value!

That's good and bad news. Good that I won't have to buy in at a new CA resort, but bad that I won't get to stay there because I'm too cheap to pay to stay!

I was in line behind a DVC management person at the Disneyland Moonlight Magic event Nov 15, and she told me it was confirmed that there would be no DVC as part of the new hotel at Disneyland. Something to do with timeshare bureaucracy in Anaheim I think. Too bad, but I guess it means VGC will hold its value!

I'd take this with a grain of salt...If the relationship between Disney and Anaheim returns to normal (currently it's colder than exiled Elsa's Arendelle) I would bet that they would re-think DVC in California. They've purpose built or shoe-horned DVC into every other deluxe property.

Mike

I'd take this with a grain of salt...If the relationship between Disney and Anaheim returns to normal (currently it's colder than exiled Elsa's Arendelle) I would bet that they would re-think DVC in California. They've purpose built or shoe-horned DVC into every other deluxe property.
Only a few years ago (when the Disney/Anaheim relationship was not so frosty), a 20 year 70% rebate of hotel Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) was approved for new 4-diamond hotels. The new Disney hotel will qualify for this rebate, essentially making construction "free". This makes me think a DVC component of the new hotel is rather unlikely.

The rough math for this rebate:
$500/night * .17(TOT) * 700(rooms) * 365 (days) * 20(years) * .7(rebate) = $304,045,000

Who else is excited about the Moonlight Magic event for DCA on Nov 15th, 2018? Since we aren't yet in the 11 month booking window I am really hoping to book something at GCV then. I am sure others will have the same idea as me though :rotfl2:

Only a few years ago (when the Disney/Anaheim relationship was not so frosty), a 20 year 70% rebate of hotel Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) was approved for new 4-diamond hotels. The new Disney hotel will qualify for this rebate, essentially making construction "free". This makes me think a DVC component of the new hotel is rather unlikely.

The rough math for this rebate:
$500/night * .17(TOT) * 700(rooms) * 365 (days) * 20(years) * .7(rebate) = $304,045,000

Great point Nonsuch! We will have to wait and see, all the while enjoying our VGC ownership...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter