The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

As a resale buyer, do you qualify for the membership extra activities like the power walk in the park or the behind the scenes tour of Soarin over California? All I ever hear people talk about is not getting the 10% discount or staying at concierge properties, but ive never heard this mentioned specifically. Thanks!

As a resale buyer, do you qualify for the membership extra activities like the power walk in the park or the behind the scenes tour of Soarin over California?...
Power walk is open to all DLR hotel guests, which includes VGC.
VGC guests receive the same treatment and benefits as GCH guests.
A few differences:
  • No daily housekeeping (like all DVC)
  • Advance view requests must be made through DVC Member Services
  • Concierge lounge cannot be added
The Soarin Tour is booked (by phone only) with DVC Member Services — you might want to call directly

As a resale buyer, do you qualify for the membership extra activities like the power walk in the park or the behind the scenes tour of Soarin over California? All I ever hear people talk about is not getting the 10% discount or staying at concierge properties, but ive never heard this mentioned specifically. Thanks!

We've rented points at VGC and have been able to apply the 10% discount at some of the restaurants in DD, without having to show a DVC card. We did pay with our VGC room cards, so maybe they were still cross checking (?)

Parking lot maintenance is paid for out of dues which makes it more than a perk.

As far as part of the lot being used for construction remember that VGC is a tiny, tiny part of the hotel and the maintenance should be in proportion. If there isn't a parking spot when a VGC guest arrives and something is not found for free parking then there could be a complaint but I'd not consider it something out of line unless that were to happen.

I would think you could use the PP garage. I believe it exits through the same gate as the surface lot.

Anyone who has recently stayed at VGC and done self parking - is the lot still partially filled with construction supplies and equipment for the postponed new hotel? If so, where are VGC guests parking these days?

Thanks!

Anyone who has recently stayed at VGC and done self parking - is the lot still partially filled with construction supplies and equipment for the postponed new hotel? If so, where are VGC guests parking these days?

We were there last week and the regular self-parking lot was without construction equipment and had plenty of open parking spaces.

You probably already know so this is for others who discover the thread.... you can pull into the hotel and to the left of the temporary valet, park in the “20 minute parking” to unload and grab your room key. To get to the parking lot, take the small service road back to the entrance and drive straight across to the parking lot through the stop light. If you ever take the VGC exit and turn right on Disneyland Dr, you will be sorry because there is not place to turn back around.

Attachments

• 67768EB5-2C03-41F3-AD48-D593F39956F3.jpeg
    67768EB5-2C03-41F3-AD48-D593F39956F3.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 58

We were there last week and the regular self-parking lot was without construction equipment and had plenty of open parking spaces.

You probably already know so this is for others who discover the thread.... you can pull into the hotel and to the left of the temporary valet, park in the “20 minute parking” to unload and grab your room key. To get to the parking lot, take the small service road back to the entrance and drive straight across to the parking lot through the stop light. If you ever take the VGC exit and turn right on Disneyland Dr, you will be sorry because there is not place to turn back around.

Thanks for the quick reply and great news about the parking lot!

I only JUST found out about the loading area on my most recent stay at VGC! Thank you so much for mentioning it for everyone else who doesn't already know. I appreciated the map, too and saved it for my records.

Planning a trip for October 2019, the week before Columbus Day Weekend. I'm hoping to land a studio at the 11 month mark. Would you recommend walking the reservation for that time?

We will be staying in a one bedroom for the first time in April....can't believe we got it at 6 months. It's our first trip to DL.

Should I put in a request for a particular location or just leave it to chance and see what we get. I see that top floor isn't the best because of the overhang. We don't generally like the 1st floor. Do I call to make a request?

...Should I put in a request for a particular location or just leave it to chance and see what we get. I see that top floor isn't the best because of the overhang. We don't generally like the 1st floor. Do I call to make a request?
I recommend making a view request. Guests not making a request might just get villas left over after requests are filled. Request must be made through DVC Member Services, email through the DVC site works well.
The overhang is only a minor issue (I don't even consider it an issue at all), the improved view is worth the slight blockage of the sky.

Search this thread for "6502", since that 1-bedroom villa will be included in recommended lists.

With the cancelation of the new hotel at the DL Resort, which rumor had it was going to include DVC units, does that make our DVC points at VGC that much more valuable?

With the cancelation of the new hotel at the DL Resort, which rumor had it was going to include DVC units, does that make our DVC points at VGC that much more valuable?

Still the same number of DVC in Anaheim that there were yesterday and there will be tomorrow.

Nothing had been announced with the hotel. I think the more general consensus was that it wasn't possible for it to contain any timeshare units both because of limits on timeshare units by the city of Anaheim and the tax incentives that were part of the package.

Still the same number of DVC in Anaheim that there were yesterday and there will be tomorrow.

Nothing had been announced with the hotel. I think the more general consensus was that it wasn't possible for it to contain any timeshare units both because of limits on timeshare units by the city of Anaheim and the tax incentives that were part of the package.
Could there have been some folks waiting for a potential new DVC resort in Anaheim? Could the end of this rumor have them turning to the market for VGC resale? Possibly. With new DVC resorts opening every year or two at WDW, demand for VGC seems to continue to hold strong. And I can't see the value turning downward any time soon.

Could there have been some folks waiting for a potential new DVC resort in Anaheim? Could the end of this rumor have them turning to the market for VGC resale? Possibly. With new DVC resorts opening every year or two at WDW, demand for VGC seems to continue to hold strong. And I can't see the value turning downward any time soon.

I don't see it going down but with so many other options so close I don't see it causing a big jump either. There was never any indication from Disney that this project would contain DVC so it should have any effect that it isn't going forward.

We will be staying in a one bedroom for the first time in April....can't believe we got it at 6 months. It's our first trip to DL.

Should I put in a request for a particular location or just leave it to chance and see what we get. I see that top floor isn't the best because of the overhang. We don't generally like the 1st floor. Do I call to make a request?

I would not worry about walking the reservation. Avaialbilty at 11 months is only an issue during rare high demand events.

Is anyone here now that wants some groceries? We are checking out this morning. We have milk cheese yogurt Mayo mustard ketchup and more.

We'll be there in 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom, but it's uncertain if WoC will be going. We've only ever had a 5th floor PP view. I wondered if we should take the opportunity to try another room? Any other rooms/views you love and why? Can you see fireworks from 5507?

Also, do the villas now have big shampoo/conditioner dispensers or do they still give the little travel sizes? I'm wondering if we need to pack more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter