The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

crvetter

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm tentatively thinking about trying to rent points for a studio next September (2020)...with the small amount of DVC rooms at VGC, is it difficult to rent a studio in that cheaper point time? Any strategies?
Your best bet is to get your request into the major brokers as soon as they will accept, which I think is 12 months and reservations open for owners to book at 11. Another place to look is under the DVC forum there is a rent board. But do read the stickies on how to protect yourself, the number one thing is to not take solicitation of offers. You should be the first to make contact.

The DVC at the Grand while it has seasons like the resorts in Florida but behaves much differently. Though anything being booked at 7 months is nearly impossible.

Araminta18

DIS Veteran
Your best bet is to get your request into the major brokers as soon as they will accept, which I think is 12 months and reservations open for owners to book at 11. Another place to look is under the DVC forum there is a rent board. But do read the stickies on how to protect yourself, the number one thing is to not take solicitation of offers. You should be the first to make contact.

The DVC at the Grand while it has seasons like the resorts in Florida but behaves much differently. Though anything being booked at 7 months is nearly impossible.
Thanks! I’ve rented points once before for Boardwalk via the rent/trade board, so I’m a bit familiar with how that works, but I’ll check it out again!

I didn’t realize VGC had seasons too—what’s the busy DVC season there?

• crvetter

DIS Veteran
    Thanks! I’ve rented points once before for Boardwalk via the rent/trade board, so I’m a bit familiar with how that works, but I’ll check it out again!

I didn’t realize VGC had seasons too—what’s the busy DVC season there?
    When I meant seasons I was referring to the differing point costs throughout the year (DVC refers to these as seasons). At WDW the cheapest seasons are usually the busiest at WDW but at VGC it doesn’t follow that pattern as strictly (in that stuff disappears right at 11 months) except for holidays and certain times of year. Generally the demand at VGC is pretty even.

Nonsuch

DIS Veteran
    Can someone please tell me where the laundry room is located?
    Some information, previously posted to GCH superthread.
    Links show real-time status.

A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
    There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
    This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
    There are 6 washers and 12 dryers
    This laundry room requires a room key to access.

disnie susie

Earning My Ears
    Some information, previously posted to GCH superthread.
    Links show real-time status.

A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
    There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
    This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
    There are 6 washers and 12 dryers
    This laundry room requires a room key to access.
    Thank you!!!

disnie susie

Earning My Ears
    Leaving a brand new bag of dunkin donuts hazelnut coffee in the 1st floor laundry room. Feel free to take it

jvincent16

Mouseketeer
    Apologize in advance. I'm sure this has been asked several times. I tried searching but no success. What is the status of the new pool bar?
    Thanks

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS