The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Hi all! I'm tentatively thinking about trying to rent points for a studio next September (2020)...with the small amount of DVC rooms at VGC, is it difficult to rent a studio in that cheaper point time? Any strategies?
Your best bet is to get your request into the major brokers as soon as they will accept, which I think is 12 months and reservations open for owners to book at 11. Another place to look is under the DVC forum there is a rent board. But do read the stickies on how to protect yourself, the number one thing is to not take solicitation of offers. You should be the first to make contact.

The DVC at the Grand while it has seasons like the resorts in Florida but behaves much differently. Though anything being booked at 7 months is nearly impossible.

Your best bet is to get your request into the major brokers as soon as they will accept, which I think is 12 months and reservations open for owners to book at 11. Another place to look is under the DVC forum there is a rent board. But do read the stickies on how to protect yourself, the number one thing is to not take solicitation of offers. You should be the first to make contact.

The DVC at the Grand while it has seasons like the resorts in Florida but behaves much differently. Though anything being booked at 7 months is nearly impossible.

Thanks! I’ve rented points once before for Boardwalk via the rent/trade board, so I’m a bit familiar with how that works, but I’ll check it out again!

I didn’t realize VGC had seasons too—what’s the busy DVC season there?

Thanks! I’ve rented points once before for Boardwalk via the rent/trade board, so I’m a bit familiar with how that works, but I’ll check it out again!

I didn’t realize VGC had seasons too—what’s the busy DVC season there?
When I meant seasons I was referring to the differing point costs throughout the year (DVC refers to these as seasons). At WDW the cheapest seasons are usually the busiest at WDW but at VGC it doesn’t follow that pattern as strictly (in that stuff disappears right at 11 months) except for holidays and certain times of year. Generally the demand at VGC is pretty even.

Can someone please tell me where the laundry room is located?
Some information, previously posted to GCH superthread.
Links show real-time status.

A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
There are 6 washers and 12 dryers
This laundry room requires a room key to access.

Some information, previously posted to GCH superthread.
Links show real-time status.

A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
There are 6 washers and 12 dryers
This laundry room requires a room key to access.
Thank you!!!

Apologize in advance. I'm sure this has been asked several times. I tried searching but no success. What is the status of the new pool bar?
Thanks

Apologize in advance. I'm sure this has been asked several times. I tried searching but no success. What is the status of the new pool bar?
Thanks
Photo posted to GCH Superthread on May 5:
d3a8ddbd-fe39-4150-b0b1-0f55884c6580-jpeg.399128

Just got back earlier in the week from a quick 2 night trip to VGC. Been many times before but this time was my first 1 bedroom at VGC. It was amazing and I'm totally spoiled by it. Two bathrooms, showers and beds are much better than in studios. Just thought I would share that if you're able to spring the extra points for the 1 bedroom, it's well worth it. We have a 1 bedroom again in December and I'm even more excited.

Also as of this past Wednesday, the pool bar was still closed. Waaaaaah!

Just got back earlier in the week from a quick 2 night trip to VGC. Been many times before but this time was my first 1 bedroom at VGC. It was amazing and I'm totally spoiled by it. Two bathrooms, showers and beds are much better than in studios. Just thought I would share that if you're able to spring the extra points for the 1 bedroom, it's well worth it. We have a 1 bedroom again in December and I'm even more excited.

Thank you for your post. We are in the early planning stages for our June 2020 trip and hoping to stay in a 1 Bedroom. There will be 4 of us (myself, DH, DD18. and DD16). I have watched youtube videos and it looks like we will have more then enough room. Your post just solidified it for me :goodvibes

Thank you for your post. We are in the early planning stages for our June 2020 trip and hoping to stay in a 1 Bedroom. There will be 4 of us (myself, DH, DD18. and DD16). I have watched youtube videos and it looks like we will have more then enough room. Your post just solidified it for me :goodvibes
We also absolutely *love* the VGC 1-bedrooms. That 2nd bathroom makes such a huge difference, especially with 2 teen girls!! And the location is amazing!! Enjoy!

That 2nd bathroom makes such a huge difference,

It really does! It was me, my good friend, and our two daughters both almost 7. Having that 2nd bathroom was a Godsend. I think I'm going to stick to studios for my solo trips only.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at the end of March and it was heavenly!! So much space and the location was great! We were ground floor and our kids were in the pool in like 30 seconds after leaving the villa :rotfl2: We are a family of 4 so I can't imagine ever getting a studio no matter where we stay, at least until our kids are grown and gone :lmao:

We decided we want to try and visit Disneyland either later this Summer or Fall and stay in VGC. I’ve been stalking the DVC website looking for openings but have yet to find two consecutive days in any room category. What would be a good strategy for trying to find an opening? Check multiple times per day? I did go and book it in April, so we will go then if nothing else works out. We live in CA and are pretty flexible about dates and room categories.

We decided we want to try and visit Disneyland either later this Summer or Fall and stay in VGC. I’ve been stalking the DVC website looking for openings but have yet to find two consecutive days in any room category. What would be a good strategy for trying to find an opening? Check multiple times per day? I did go and book it in April, so we will go then if nothing else works out. We live in CA and are pretty flexible about dates and room categories.
That and waitlisting are your only options other than renting from a VGC owner. For our trip last summer, we checked every day, often more than once each day, for months. We wound up being able to book a 1BR the first two days, and a GV the last two days. The one in between day we booked cash at the DLH. In fact, we booked the DLH for the entire stay before we did anything, and as we managed to snag DVC rooms, we canceled the appropriate nights.

What would be a good strategy for trying to find an opening?

I would do two waitlist reservations. One for each day. If you get one of the two, maybe get a good neighbor like Candy Cane for the other evening. It's a tad of an inconvenience but cheaper than paying cash at any of the DL properties, plus probably a faster walk too than DLH and PPH. But honestly, I find it highly unlikely to get anything for summer time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts