The Void: Star Wars VR

Just did this today with my 15 yr old son and my 11 yr old daughter. We all absolutely loved it and my daughter doesn’t like Star Wars. My 11 yr old son was sick and decided to skip it at the last minute. I have an email into the ticket support box for a refund which they told me wouldn’t be a problem when I was there. I will update on how successful that is.

As much as we loved it, 2 tiny issues we had were both my son and I had to slightly tilt the visor to keep it from being slightly blurry. This was distracting and would let a tiny bit of light from the bottom into the headset andaway from the experience. I mostly played with it blurry so I could focus on shooting but then would move the visor when I wanted to see something clearly. I didn’t realize this until 30seconds into the game so maybe it could have been avoided at the beginning with some headset adjustments. My advice is to tell the technician if you experience blurriensss and see if something can be done.

Second issue has been reported before but sometimes the sensor that tracks your hands/arms is slow or off and creates problems rendering them. To me, given the awesomeness of everything else, it’s not a big deal. We did not experience any of the other glitches like freezes described before. Maybe they are upgrading hardware or tweaking the sw to improve these things.

All in all, excellent time that we keep talking about and we are hoping my son gets better before we leave on Sunday so he can play.

Question —- has anyone tried stepping off the floating platform? I was so distracted keeping my balance due to the illusion. (Probably just mess up the illusion but was just wondering what was there)

Recommend highly. Star Wars fans and/or gamers should consider it priority #1.

For anyone who has done this can you wear your eyeglasses under the headgear? My DS wears glasses (kind of blind without them) and really wants to do this. thanks

For anyone who has done this can you wear your eyeglasses under the headgear? My DS wears glasses (kind of blind without them) and really wants to do this. thanks

Two of my group wore eyeglasses and had no issue. The headgear is adjustable so I would suggest they play with the adjustments so it fits comfortably and allows for a good view.

I'm thinking of doing this as a surprise for out 1st day. Our only plans are arriving at POR and dinner at 6:15. We have to go to one of the parks or DS to activate our military tickets anyway. Everyone in our group of 6 loves Star Wars and my DS1's GF suggested me checking it out. I already had our trip budgeted and paid (including money put aside for food during the trip) but if I can come up with an extra $227 we'll do it!

We booked a session...excited to surprise our tween/teens.
Where is this located in Disney Springs?

Two of my group wore eyeglasses and had no issue. The headgear is adjustable so I would suggest they play with the adjustments so it fits comfortably and allows for a good view.
How does this work with glasses I wonder?

As I age . I am having trouble reading, looking at screens close up to my face UNLESS I take my glasses off -- so I need to take my glasses off to read my phone. (AKA - I need bifocals :(). I need glasses to see/read anything farther than a foot or two away from my face.

So since this is a screen that is right in your face -- do I need to wear glasses or not? It's been a long time since I've done any VR and never done anything as immersive as this.

As I age . I am having trouble reading, looking at screens close up to my face UNLESS I take my glasses off -- so I need to take my glasses off to read my phone. (AKA - I need bifocals :(). I need glasses to see/read anything farther than a foot or two away from my face.

So since this is a screen that is right in your face -- do I need to wear glasses or not? It's been a long time since I've done any VR and never done anything as immersive as this.

I haven't done The Void yet, but I'm assuming it'll be similar to Oculus VR and PSVR which I've done with glasses. Basically if you need glasses to see in the real world, you'll need to wear them under the helmet as the VR simulates a true to life field of depth. Most of the modern VR rigs including Void's should be adjustable to fit comfortably with glasses. As in real life though, anything that may be 'up close' in the VR rig may be blurry if you're wearing glasses, so you may need to step back in the VR world to read things, while objects in the distance will be fine. I'm assuming the Void has some sort of head tracking so you should just be able to back away from anything that may be blurry

We are planning a trip to Disney Springs while we are on vacation in Florida. We have a group of 8 but my youngest son is 8. Is the 10+ addmision the only option? He would hate to be left out but we could send a group of the 4 biggest SW fans and distract him with a different activity...

We are planning a trip to Disney Springs while we are on vacation in Florida. We have a group of 8 but my youngest son is 8. Is the 10+ addmision the only option? He would hate to be left out but we could send a group of the 4 biggest SW fans and distract him with a different activity...
people have gotten away with bringing an underage person in. if your 8 year old is on the smaller side the weight off the rig may be too much

Thank you so much. Glad to hear it went well. I think my DH is going to take dramamine and do it with out sons.

What a great question! My vision is the same as yours! So annoying.

I am planning to do this in September with DH and my sons who are 15 and 12. I can't decide if I should keep it a surprise or let them know in advance so they can look forward to it. I know a big part of my enjoyment of WDW trips is the anticipation. What should I do??? Tell or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter