The Void

Quick question... any motion sick feeling? I get alittle motion sickness. Like I dont go on mission space green. Thanks!

Quick question... any motion sick feeling? I get alittle motion sickness. Like I dont go on mission space green. Thanks!

Well, have you ever used any kind of virtual reality goggles (they specifically use the Oculus Rift)? Some people do get a little "simulation sickness" just from using them, but there is not a lot of intense, fast motion simulation. The only motion you will really see is as you move your head, so it feels natural. There is one "moving" section that I recall, but it goes slowly. A fear of heights could also be a concern as you will look out from small platforms that appear high up. Just remember that it is all simulated. If things get uncomfortable, just raise your visor up. The attendant will assist if you do not wish to continue.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard reviews where people who do get motion sickness were able to do the Void with no problems. I don't get motion sick, or have experienced it yet, so I can't personally say. I would take BrianL's advice. Try it, and if you start to feel sick, let the attendant know.

Can't wait to do it again!
We went during our trip in March, and have reservations for this Sunday. Making a quick weekend trip for the holiday weekend and not even planning on much park time so instead have tickets for Solo on Saturday night and the Void on Sunday.

Spoke with one of the operators while my son was doing the game, she stated that practically no-one has gotten motion sickness. Son loved it.

On 5/17 I emailed customer service at The Void and the reply was:

Currently tickets have only been released for pre-sale until the dates shown online, and we haven't announced the next dates. We do expect to release more. Please watch our website at TheVOID.comfor further releases of ticket dates. We recommend checking back about every two weeks.

So hopefully we’ll see more July dates soon.

OMG it was an absolute highlight of our trip 2 weeks ago! I was floored! We walked right in and got right in to the next group with no prior reservation. So much fun and I would do it again. In a heartbeat!

Same for my group of three adults. We're all massive Star Wars dorks, granted, but we were losing our minds with glee throughout the entire experience. It was pure, unbridled fun. My only complaint is that I wanted it to keep going longer than it did!

How much time should I budget for the whole experience? I have 7:45 dinner reservations in DS and don't want to be late for those.

Is it still only 4 people in a group? We have 6 so wasn't sure how well that would work.

How much time should I budget for the whole experience? I have 7:45 dinner reservations in DS and don't want to be late for those.

We asked when we were there two weeks ago, and the associate said that most groups take around 30 minutes. He mentioned that it can take up to 45 minutes but that is unusual.

For the record, I am not a Star Wars person at all. I have not seen the movies, and aside from listening to my kids talk about it, I know nothing. However, the experience looked amazing! I was shocked by how real and vivid the video appeared. Every group that exited raved about the experience. We plan to do when we are there in November.

We asked when we were there two weeks ago, and the associate said that most groups take around 30 minutes. He mentioned that it can take up to 45 minutes but that is unusual.

For the record, I am not a Star Wars person at all. I have not seen the movies, and aside from listening to my kids talk about it, I know nothing. However, the experience looked amazing! I was shocked by how real and vivid the video appeared. Every group that exited raved about the experience. We plan to do when we are there in November.

Thanks so much for all the info. I will definitely schedule it for my August trip. Excited now! :chewy:

When you add in potential waiting time I'd probably double that for the purposes of your schedule. Maybe I had an unusually long wait (it was a wet weekend day), but it took around half an hour to get in.

When you add in potential waiting time I'd probably double that for the purposes of your schedule. Maybe I had an unusually long wait (it was a wet weekend day), but it took around half an hour to get in.

Agree.

We were able to get right it, but the sign-up process took a while, and then we had a re-start when the headgear malfuctioned.

So it was about an hour total from start to finish.

we are considering doing the VOID tonight? Any tips? Discount? Do you think it is worth it?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply. Bought our tickets and will do it tomorrow

We did it this past Sunday, and it was really the highlight of our trip! It is absolutely amazing what they can do with that technology. It was the most immersive thing I've ever experienced. Even if you're not a Star Wars fan, it is worth it to check it out. There is really nothing like it. I can't wait to do it again!

We did it this past Sunday, and it was really the highlight of our trip! It is absolutely amazing what they can do with that technology. It was the most immersive thing I've ever experienced. Even if you're not a Star Wars fan, it is worth it to check it out. There is really nothing like it. I can't wait to do it again!
I hope we can do it in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!