The walking dead amc #2

I don't read the comics, but from what I heard Carl is still alive and has quite a big role in the future. That's why people are questioning whether or not he will actually die. The show has gone away from the comics before though. I believe Andrea is still alive in the comics, but has died several season ago on the show.
Yes, in the comics Andrea is still alive (as far as I've read so far anyway) and she's with Rick. So basically Michone took over Andrea's role for the show.

I started watching at season 3 or 4, whenever they were at the prison. The only early episodes that I watched were like the first 3 so learning that they did make it to someone at the CDC is news to me. I agree, it could be possible that they were so early in the epidemic that they didn't really know what to look for, or it might not have even been their blood results that they were given.

I do hope that there is some sort of resolve to unanswered questions prior to the show ending. But hopefully that won't be for a few more seasons.
Here's the link to that episode: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TS-19 They were the only ones there with Dr. Jenner. He was an expert and there is no way he mixed up the blood since there weren't any other survivors there. Plus he wouldn't have lied about it because the results were so grim that Dr. Grimes decided to essentially commit suicide by staying in the building knowing it was about to blow up. A few others in their group also decided to die in the building. If Dr. Jenner even suspected that his results were wrong then I seriously doubt he would have chosen to die.

I know that I am very late to this party. I mostly just have this to say: #FireGimple

There are SO MANY problems with this season. This went from being the most riveting show on TV -- zombies and all -- to a bit of a mess. Such a disappointment. I had avoided the comics because I always wanted to be surprised by the show. After this season, I gave up. It's no longer worth trying to keep any suspense. By many accounts, the comics are SOLID -- better than what Gimple has done in recent seasons. With that, I've purchased the ENTIRE set of comics and am working my way through them. :)

Okay, so I finally watched the final episode. It was so dang dark, I had to wait to watch it at night with all the lights off -- it was a PITA and a strain on the eyes.

So did I miss something -- how did Carl get bit? I didn't see where that happened. And as much as I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I am so done with Negan already! It seems like this whole season was spent moving five steps forward and ten back -- I don't feel they accomplished anything in the storytelling or character bases!

Okay, so I finally watched the final episode. It was so dang dark, I had to wait to watch it at night with all the lights off -- it was a PITA and a strain on the eyes.

So did I miss something -- how did Carl get bit? I didn't see where that happened. And as much as I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I am so done with Negan already! It seems like this whole season was spent moving five steps forward and ten back -- I don't feel they accomplished anything in the storytelling or character bases!

I believe on TD they said he was bit while killing walkers with Siddiq. Gimple said there was a definite moment where you see on Carls face when he was bit.

I believe on TD they said he was bit while killing walkers with Siddiq. Gimple said there was a definite moment where you see on Carls face when he was bit.

yeah, I definitely missed that one -- but then again I couldn't see half of what was going on ;)

I really like JDM and the Negan character. I think the writing was just abysmal this season. Gimple is killing the show. He's been moved to some senior creative role and someone else named show runner, so hopefully things will get better if he's less involved in the day to day. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Yeah. When I saw that episode, I thought at that moment that he WAS bitten! Then he got up and acted like all was ok so I dismissed it. Such a dumb move IMO. The whole series there's a sense that this isn't about today and the adults trying to survive, it's about setting up the best possible world for the kids who will inherit this mess. Karl was the embodiment of that. Killing him makes the show much darker in a way that I'm not happy with.

Since Carl hasn't officially died, they could still do the immunity route. Not sure how I would feel about that, but I do think Carl is too important to the story.

Since Carl hasn't officially died, they could still do the immunity route. Not sure how I would feel about that, but I do think Carl is too important to the story.
Gimple has said that this bite will run the course that bites do on this show. They'd have to c change course and reshoot to change that, it sounds like.

I am in the camp that he does not die. You all can say "I told you so" later. Something about how cagey Gimple was that made me think he has something up his sleeve like the whole Glenn under the dumpster debacle.

I know that I am very late to this party. I mostly just have this to say: #FireGimple

There are SO MANY problems with this season. This went from being the most riveting show on TV -- zombies and all -- to a bit of a mess. Such a disappointment. I had avoided the comics because I always wanted to be surprised by the show. After this season, I gave up. It's no longer worth trying to keep any suspense. By many accounts, the comics are SOLID -- better than what Gimple has done in recent seasons. With that, I've purchased the ENTIRE set of comics and am working my way through them. :)

I'm late to this party as well, and I agree wholeheartedly! I've watched the show from the first episode when it first began and I stopped watching last season. DH still watches and keeps me informed but the show has gone so far downhill that it's sad. I watched the mid season finale (fast forwarding through all but Carl's parts) and will most likely watch Carl's swan song out of respect for Chandler Riggs' last performance but I have no intention of watching on any regular basis.

Gimple fired the kid as one of his dumb*** ploys to get more viewers; like Glenn and the dumpster and the cliffhanger season 6 finale, which is where a lot of fans got really angry.

AMC is also to blame!

I'm late to this party as well, and I agree wholeheartedly! I've watched the show from the first episode when it first began and I stopped watching last season. DH still watches and keeps me informed but the show has gone so far downhill that it's sad. I watched the mid season finale (fast forwarding through all but Carl's parts) and will most likely watch Carl's swan song out of respect for Chandler Riggs' last performance but I have no intention of watching on any regular basis.

Gimple fired the kid as one of his dumb*** ploys to get more viewers; like Glenn and the dumpster and the cliffhanger season 6 finale, which is where a lot of fans got really angry.

AMC is also to blame!
I agree. It started to feel like Gimple was artificially building each season to a mid season and then end of season cliffhanger. Shoehorning a "cliffhanger" in twice a year that way. I could make a list of only plot holes for this season -- just not good. And it's so sad to say when you've been watching all the way through!

I can understand how some shows just jump the shark because they run out of good material. In the case of TWD, they have a solid jumping off point in the comics -- STILL DO!! And yet Gimple is such the genius that he has to stray THIS far? Feels like a show runner power trip -- "I'm better than Kirkman", or something equally stupid.

Who knows the reason... but the result is just not good.

ETA: And the cherry on this cake of awful is how Gimple reportedly treated Riggs -- not ok to tell the kid he had a long term gig just to kill him off months later... and after he just bought a house there. Not ok.

I agree. It started to feel like Gimple was artificially building each season to a mid season and then end of season cliffhanger. Shoehorning a "cliffhanger" in twice a year that way. I could make a list of only plot holes for this season -- just not good. And it's so sad to say when you've been watching all the way through!

I can understand how some shows just jump the shark because they run out of good material. In the case of TWD, they have a solid jumping off point in the comics -- STILL DO!! And yet Gimple is such the genius that he has to stray THIS far? Feels like a show runner power trip -- "I'm better than Kirkman", or something equally stupid.

Who knows the reason... but the result is just not good.

ETA: And the cherry on this cake of awful is how Gimple reportedly treated Riggs -- not ok to tell the kid he had a long term gig just to kill him off months later... and after he just bought a house there. Not ok.

Everything you said is spot on. Gimple likes to go the cheap thrills route and has sacrificed the story and characters. Frank Darabont, for his short time as showrunner before HE was fired by AMC, stayed true to the content Kirkman created. Kirkman, I feel, has checked out which is really disappointing. But with AMC slashing the budget after the first season the goal is all about making huge profits with a total lack of respect to the original Kirkman comics so they need the writers to come up with crap storylines with major shock factor to draw audiences.

It's not about "oh look at that zombie hanging by its guts when the roof collapsed" or whatever sick way they can showcase a walker, but about the story of the survivors trying to live, the moral trials they have, trying to rebuild a society, etc. Now there's no character development, there are 10 storylines that don't connect only to kill time until the mid season or season finale. I can't stand what they did to the material.

My kids had a lot of the comics and yes, they have loads of material to work off of. Kirkman said from the beginning that they will move away from the comics in the show in some ways. But this is ridiculous. Everyone knew Negan kills Glen in the comics, yet Gimple had to "protect?" that fact by creating that cliffhanger and then trying to divert attention by killing Abraham? Or trying to suddenly make Carl a peacemaker before he dies? Wasn't this the kid who went to kill Negan on his own last season? Comic book Carl would still be telling Rick to kill every last Savior!

This gets me heated, lol!

Or trying to suddenly make Carl a peacemaker before he dies? Wasn't this the kid who went to kill Negan on his own last season?
OMG exactly!!! This is one of the many "GIVE ME A BREAK!!!" moments we had this season! Peacemaker Carl is in 3 episodes then dies. Asinine.

Why do people think the show should stay close to the books?
It doesn't!!! But it does need to be GOOD! I like many of the ways they diverted initially... I prefer Michonne and Rick to them having kept Andrea alive... I liked Beth vs. Herschel having a ton of kids, I like Daryl...

My point is that if they stuck to the books, the show would be better right now than it is. What Gimple et al have done is WORSE now than what's in the comics -- that's my complaint. They have no excuse to have the show go downhill like this when they have SOLID material to fall back on -- unlike most other shows where they start with a blank sheet of paper every week. They have no excuse for the CRAZY number of plot holes, not being true to characters, contrived "cliffhanger" situations, etc.

OMG exactly!!! This is one of the many "GIVE ME A BREAK!!!" moments we had this season! Peacemaker Carl is in 3 episodes then dies. Asinine.

It doesn't!!! But it does need to be GOOD! I like many of the ways they diverted initially... I prefer Michonne and Rick to them having kept Andrea alive... I liked Beth vs. Herschel having a ton of kids, I like Daryl...

My point is that if they stuck to the books, the show would be better right now than it is. What Gimple et al have done is WORSE now than what's in the comics -- that's my complaint. They have no excuse to have the show go downhill like this when they have SOLID material to fall back on -- unlike most other shows where they start with a blank sheet of paper every week. They have no excuse for the CRAZY number of plot holes, not being true to characters, contrived "cliffhanger" situations, etc.

And that's it in a nutshell! I read somewhere about them making Carl have some sort of immunity to the bite -- but where would that come from?!? Why would he suddenly have immunity -- and be the only one who does.

This whole season seems like it was written by blindfolded writers who haven't seen a single past episode!

I agree that they seem to ruining the show with some of the decisions that have been made. Understandably life in a zombie apocalypse isn't all roses and sunshine, but they don't have to lower their standards to cliffhangers that anger fans, or deaths that equally want to make fans riot.

I too read that Gimple is being reassigned (promoted) and another writer coming in who will wrap up the war and move on. Thank you! Hopefully this means that we'll get quality back. Sadly Chandler will be gone. Immunity, while unlikely would work, as would the bite being form a Whisperer or some other zombie impersonator. Somewhere I read that we're getting an extra long mid season first episode to wrap up Chandler's storyline. So I have little faith that he'll survive.

I agree that they seem to ruining the show with some of the decisions that have been made. Understandably life in a zombie apocalypse isn't all roses and sunshine, but they don't have to lower their standards to cliffhangers that anger fans, or deaths that equally want to make fans riot.

I too read that Gimple is being reassigned (promoted) and another writer coming in who will wrap up the war and move on. Thank you! Hopefully this means that we'll get quality back. Sadly Chandler will be gone. Immunity, while unlikely would work, as would the bite being form a Whisperer or some other zombie impersonator. Somewhere I read that we're getting an extra long mid season first episode to wrap up Chandler's storyline. So I have little faith that he'll survive.

I like that scenario -- that the bite is from a human. It would make sense since it was a perfect set of teeth imprints and not ripped flesh like a zombie might do. I think it was just be one death too many of a main character at this point. While it is a miserable world they are living in, I for one think we have given up enough main characters for a season or two. Moving forward from the wars sounds wonderful. On, and BTW, killing the tiger was a big no no for me and left a very sour taste!

I too read that Gimple is being reassigned (promoted) and another writer coming in who will wrap up the war and move on. Thank you! Hopefully this means that we'll get quality back.....
Angela Lang, the new showrunner, has been a writer on many episodes going back to season two so she has been a part of the "bad writing" but hopefully she can have the freedom to take the show in a better direction. But, Gimple was promoted to a new position in charge of content for TWD and FTWD so he still has his hands in there. And AMC is still the boss and they love Gimple because he keeps the budget low. Kang will be expected to do the same. Time will tell how this change affects the show but we have to wait to season nine to see.

IMO, all the backlash from firing Riggs, the online petitions to fire Gimple, plus the ratings drop has them nervous so they moved Gimple out of the front and center. But he still is still involved and I *think* will be Kangs boss. The show had a solid fan base which is why it was so popular, then AMC got greedy and cut the budget and cheapened everything; the effects, the characters, major plot holes. It wasn't just Gimple as showrunner that did this.

I don't want to post potential spoilers, but Gimple has commented in Entertainment weekly back a few months about the war. They've been done shooting season eight for months now so the new showrunner will be taking over for season nine.

......I think it was just be one death too many of a main character at this point. While it is a miserable world they are living in, I for one think we have given up enough main characters for a season or two. Moving forward from the wars sounds wonderful. On, and BTW, killing the tiger was a big no no for me and left a very sour taste!

Kirkman, the producers, etc from the beginning have all said that no one is safe. I get that, however they have been killing off main characters who had solid character development but not replacing them with newer characters with any development. People get emotionally involved with characters they see regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!