The walking dead amc #2

The jail cell was in Alexandria where Morgan held one of the Wolves. I don't know if it's blown up now.

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't remember that. We haven't seen the jail cell since then so I hope it wasn't wasted on the Wolves storyline.

I thought it was an okay episode, loved that Eugene saved the day. I didn't love Maggie's talk with Jesus and Darryl at the end. Was she talking about killing Rick and Michonne or killing Negan behind their backs?

Is Dwight gone now? I mean Daryl told him never to come back, but do you think that is it for him?

Dwight should be back....with Sherry or whatever her name is.

So now everyone knows....Negan doesn't get killed but gets thrown in a jail instead.

I'm surprised no main character died, honestly. I didn't like the end with Maggie, Jesus and Daryl either. I hope they don't mess up Maggie's character because of her not having a contract.
Dwight has a place in the comics and I hope they let him have one in the show as well. I also hope they let him find Sherry.
I really like Morgan's character but I won't watch Fear. I have it on in the background, but only to see Morgan leave.

I'm just glad the 30+ day time period on TWD is finally over....after TWO YEARS!

I'm surprised no main character died, honestly. I didn't like the end with Maggie, Jesus and Daryl either. I hope they don't mess up Maggie's character because of her not having a contract.
Dwight has a place in the comics and I hope they let him have one in the show as well. I also hope they let him find Sherry.
I really like Morgan's character but I won't watch Fear. I have it on in the background, but only to see Morgan leave.

I'm just glad the 30+ day time period on TWD is finally over....after TWO YEARS!

I don't read the comics, but I have heard that Maggie separated from Rick and is running the Hilltop, because she blames him for Glenn's death. I guess this episode sort of touched on that part of the storyline. Daryl's involvement surprises me, but he is not a comic character, so they can do anything with him.

Was anyone else hoping that when Daryl had Dwight out in the woods, that Sherry would show up and kill him before he could kill Dwight? I was reaaallly hoping that would have happened. Talk about a shocking ending! Then....black screen until October.

I really liked the episode a lot. Loved that Eugene saved the day. I almost laughed when all the Saviors fired their guns. Loved that Negan was weak and ran away. Lots of suspense.

What I hated was the very end. I did not like the Maggie/Daryl/Jesus getting together to plot against Rick. I also found it a bit strange that they were all kind of chummy at the end. All the Saviors and Ricks group all of a sudden besties. Smiling and cleaning up. I was expecting them to hold hands and sing songs. Were they at the Savior compound? That one girl who was so mean and evil, who turned on Dwight, suddenly smiling planting flowers. Struck me as weird.

I also thought it was weird how they were all getting along at the end, but I guess we're suppose to assume all of them didn't want the war, didn't want to have to kill and were just happy it was finally over.

I still can't understand the whole Maggie/Daryl/Jesus thing. Maybe Maggie and Daryl I can see wanting Negan dead, but Jesus. He's the pacifist of the show. All he did was try to save people, tried to convince Morgan he didn't have to kill now all of a sudden he's plotting to go behind Rick's back and kill Negan. If they end up doing a time jump I'm going to assume all of this will be resolved and they will all be holding hands again lol.

It wasn't a terrible episode, but it also wasn't the best. I'm sure so many fans are just glad that war is over.

I agree the peace-vibe at the end with the Saviors was too much to believe. With the governor, he killed most of his soldiers after the prison attack but had they lived you can't believe that they would've just laid their weapons down and made peace so quickly with Rick and co.

The Oceansiders arriving with fire bombs was a little over the top but I guess good for the future of the show. Let's just see who, if anyone from team Rick moves there.

I did like Eugene as a hero of sorts. And Gabriel attacking Negan. And for a minute there I wondered if they were going to NOT follow Negans comic story and let him bleed out. It will be interesting to see what they do with him in prison next season ....and if he stays there.

I am just glad there was no cliffhanger! I wouldn't have been surprised if they had let us believe Negan was dead through the break only to reveal in season 9 he is not. So the finale now feels like a finale. I think there will be more of Dwight if they go with the comics which I hope they do. I also agree it was a little awkward seeing saviors smiling at them, except for those 2 women who greeted Tara. They were forced to be wives & I do believe they are happy that's over.

I don't read the comics, but I have heard that Maggie separated from Rick and is running the Hilltop, because she blames him for Glenn's death. I guess this episode sort of touched on that part of the storyline. Daryl's involvement surprises me, but he is not a comic character, so they can do anything with him.

Was anyone else hoping that when Daryl had Dwight out in the woods, that Sherry would show up and kill him before he could kill Dwight? I was reaaallly hoping that would have happened. Talk about a shocking ending! Then....black screen until October.

I was stunned that Daryll came out of the shadows and was in with Jesus and Maggie to get Rick and Michonne. And the ending with Negan -- didn't see them keeping him just to torture him, but then again he wasn't a stellar person either.

I’m curious where the storyline will go with the Oceanside’s as well as the hatred that Maggie, Darryl, and Jesus now have towards Rick. The hatred ftomnMaggie makes sense, but not Jesus and Darryl.

Oceanside showing up when they did was a little too perfect, but whatever. The problem that I have is that it didn’t focus on them beyond that.

Eugene, yes! I was glad to see his sabotaging the Saviers. There was some redemption for being a traitor. Liked that Rosita punched him too.

Did anyone else catch Jades telling Morgan her name is Ann? Where do you think she’ll go? If it’s addressed in Fear, I don’t watch that show.

I’m curious where the storyline will go with the Oceanside’s as well as the hatred that Maggie, Darryl, and Jesus now have towards Rick. The hatred ftomnMaggie makes sense, but not Jesus and Darryl.

Oceanside showing up when they did was a little too perfect, but whatever. The problem that I have is that it didn’t focus on them beyond that.

Eugene, yes! I was glad to see his sabotaging the Saviers. There was some redemption for being a traitor. Liked that Rosita punched him too.

Did anyone else catch Jades telling Morgan her name is Ann? Where do you think she’ll go? If it’s addressed in Fear, I don’t watch that show.

Negan did keep Darryl a prisoner and tortured him, so I can see why he would be so mad that Negan wasn't killed.

Morgan told Jadis/Ann that Rick said she can join them now so I guess she will be at one of the communities. I learned that the time frame from when Rick fought Negan to Tara showing up at the Sanctuary is not next day, but weeks or months later. That's why saviors seemed more friendly than expected right after a battle. Which can be confusing since the last 2 years we have had to believe that only a few weeks have gone by, but then within 5 minutes on the show, months have past. How can we follow that?

We thought this episode was better than many of them this season, but still had so many eye roll moments for me...
  • On their way to supposed all out war, Jesus lectures Morgan on how he doesn't have to kill people; Carol essentially agrees. Looney tunes.
  • Aforementioned Jesus appears by the end of the episode to be on board with blood lust against Negan -- enough to join a plot to turn against Rick and Michonne. Ok.
  • The moment Negan's throat is slit, Rick gives the kumbaya speech -- everyone can just "go home" and live happily ever after. Does he know that all real lieutenants are dead?? He just trusts that they will all now be able to live in harmony? No trust but verify, no checking with Dwight whether they've gotten all the Simon's of the group?? Related to this, we're happily planting flowers by the end of the episode with people who were shooting at us mid-episode.
  • Just *ugh* with those women showing up with their Molotov cocktails or whatever.
  • This episode made Morgan leaving seem more ridiculous; he gives a little speech about how this world is all about people, and just when they are about to (supposedly) live in peace, he's outta' there. Ok.
  • Still hard to buy that in this situation, Negan would be allowed to live. Too much of a risk that in captivity he might charm his way out with some unwitting captor... all sorts of things can go wrong. Not to mention that this is Rick going back on a promise to Maggie to "finish Negan". Yeah, yeah... Carl... I know (insert contrived Gimple plot here). I know he lived in the comics (at least for a while, right?!) -- I haven't gotten there yet to see how they justify it there.
  • LUDICROUS decision to have their ONLY DOCTOR join an all-out war even though he doesn't appear well-equipped in the least to do so. Later "justified" by the plot device: a need to save Negan.
We liked...
  • Eugene redeeming himself; and Rosita punching him for the vomit.
  • Despite it seeming lunatic, we like JDM so are happy we'll still see him for a while.
  • Feels like a jump forward is ahead, which I welcome after 2 years spent on about a month's time (or whatever it is!).
I might be forgetting stuff in both the pros and cons list, but that's it for now. :)

Haven't watched the FTWD episode or TD yet. DVR'd. :thumbsup2

Very much crossing our fingers for a CLEAN START to season 9... ... hoping Gimple is less involved and that the new show runner is good...

ETA: Last bullet point -- forgot about the doctor-warrior.

Last edited:
We thought this episode was better than many of them this season, but still had so many eye roll moments for me...
  • On their way to supposed all out war, Jesus lectures Morgan on how he doesn't have to kill people; Carol essentially agrees. Looney tunes.
  • Aforementioned Jesus appears by the end of the episode to be on board with blood lust against Negan -- enough to join a plot to turn against Rick and Michonne. Ok.
  • The moment Negan's throat is slit, Rick gives the kumbaya speech -- everyone can just "go home" and live happily ever after. Does he know that all real lieutenants are dead?? He just trusts that they will all now be able to live in harmony? No trust but verify, no checking with Dwight whether they've gotten all the Simon's of the group?? Related to this, we're happily planting flowers by the end of the episode with people who were shooting at us mid-episode.
  • Just *ugh* with those women showing up with their Molotov cocktails or whatever.
  • This episode made Morgan leaving seem more ridiculous; he gives a little speech about how this world is all about people, and just when they are about to (supposedly) live in peace, he's outta' there. Ok.
  • Still hard to buy that in this situation, Negan would be allowed to live. Too much of a risk that in captivity he might charm his way out with some unwitting captor... all sorts of things can go wrong. Not to mention that this is Rick going back on a promise to Maggie to "finish Negan". Yeah, yeah... Carl... I know (insert contrived Gimple plot here). I know he lived in the comics (at least for a while, right?!) -- I haven't gotten there yet to see how they justify it there.
We liked...
  • Eugene redeeming himself; and Rosita punching him for the vomit.
  • Despite it seeming lunatic, we like JDM so are happy we'll still see him for a while.
  • Feels like a jump forward is ahead, which I welcome after 2 years spent on about a month's time (or whatever it is!).
I might be forgetting stuff in both the pros and cons list, but that's it for now. :)

Haven't watched the FTWD episode or TD yet. DVR'd. :thumbsup2

Very much crossing our fingers for a CLEAN START to season 9... ... hoping Gimple is less involved and that the new show runner is good...

This is what I rolled my eyes at....Negan's female lieutenant. The one with the neck tattoo. She yielded, they rounded up all of Negan's people and brought them back to the hilltop. Later in the episode, maybe 2-3 hours in walking dead time, she is kneeling by some potted planted. Seriously? You just came out of a gun fight that you lost, you have chosen to live with and make peace with the enemy, but you get right to farming??? No transition time? No taking the rest of the day of and starting fresh tomorrow??? LMAO

Morgan told Jadis/Ann that Rick said she can join them now so I guess she will be at one of the communities. I learned that the time frame from when Rick fought Negan to Tara showing up at the Sanctuary is not next day, but weeks or months later. That's why saviors seemed more friendly than expected right after a battle. Which can be confusing since the last 2 years we have had to believe that only a few weeks have gone by, but then within 5 minutes on the show, months have past. How can we follow that?

It's easy, all the show has to do is add subtext 6 months later.....

This is what I rolled my eyes at....Negan's female lieutenant. The one with the neck tattoo. She yielded, they rounded up all of Negan's people and brought them back to the hilltop. Later in the episode, maybe 2-3 hours in walking dead time, she is kneeling by some potted planted. Seriously? You just came out of a gun fight that you lost, you have chosen to live with and make peace with the enemy, but you get right to farming??? No transition time? No taking the rest of the day of and starting fresh tomorrow??? LMAO
Yes — exactly!! SHE was the one who really got me, too!

I agree if we are to believe the flower planting happened weeks to even months after they should have indicated that. They did joke about the confusing timeline on TDT though. Maybe we can hope they will indicate time more if it's important to the storyline and for us to understand what the heck is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter