The walking dead amc #2

I wasn’t too impressed with last night either. But, I had been watching Fear & think last season was horrible so in comparison TWD is much better. Maybe that was the plan. Lol!

DH and I spent the whole episode saying “did we miss several episodes??????” I realize they were doing a time jump, but it just seemed so disjointed with how last season ended (Daryl, et. al. planning a coup) and now everyone’s got a job and they’re starting to rebuild.

I’m not sad about Gregory. At all.

And I’m sorry - but what idiot thought Carol and the king was a good idea?

I wasn’t too impressed with last night either. But, I had been watching Fear & think last season was horrible so in comparison TWD is much better. Maybe that was the plan. Lol!

Hubby watches FTWD also and said the same thing! He is frustrated with both shows right now. I don't watch FTWD (stopped in season 2) but I do kind of know what's going on because I'm usually around when he has it on. I feel like Gimple's poison is trickling down...... killing one show after another.

I finally watched last night's episode and I did like some parts, hated most others. Seriously.... they HAVE to cross a glass floor that's cracking beneath them?! Angela Kang... you have the chance to salvage some of the show and you choose the obvious-in-your-face-circus-antics-ala-Gimple route? Geeze!

I don't like what they're doing with Maggie and I'm glad Gregory is gone. Once Rick is dead I don't know how much I'll watch. I still like Carol, I don't like that Daryl is going to be show lead once Rick is gone, I'm fearful of how dumb they'll make Maggie's departure and I don't care about any other characters. I got lost at one point in watching it when they showed the garbage pail leader AND I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HER!! LOL! Not because she was not "all Mad Max" dressed, but because I must've mentally blocked out that whole story line last season. I'm just so not invested anymore and it's sad.

I thought last night was typical for a show trying to come back further into the future than when they left. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. As for it losing it's edge, that;s not uncommon either for a show that has the run it has had.

I also think FTWD was much better this past run of shows and I hope it continues to move in that direction.

Hubby watches FTWD also and said the same thing! He is frustrated with both shows right now. I don't watch FTWD (stopped in season 2) but I do kind of know what's going on because I'm usually around when he has it on. I feel like Gimple's poison is trickling down...... killing one show after another.

I finally watched last night's episode and I did like some parts, hated most others. Seriously.... they HAVE to cross a glass floor that's cracking beneath them?! Angela Kang... you have the chance to salvage some of the show and you choose the obvious-in-your-face-circus-antics-ala-Gimple route? Geeze!

I don't like what they're doing with Maggie and I'm glad Gregory is gone. Once Rick is dead I don't know how much I'll watch. I still like Carol, I don't like that Daryl is going to be show lead once Rick is gone, I'm fearful of how dumb they'll make Maggie's departure and I don't care about any other characters. I got lost at one point in watching it when they showed the garbage pail leader AND I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HER!! LOL! Not because she was not "all Mad Max" dressed, but because I must've mentally blocked out that whole story line last season. I'm just so not invested anymore and it's sad.
I feel the same at exactly. I found myself not even paying attention most of the time. I keep watching b/c I keep hoping it’ll get better, but I’ll do that so long.

I thought last night was typical for a show trying to come back further into the future than when they left. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. As for it losing it's edge, that;s not uncommon either for a show that has the run it has had.

I also think FTWD was much better this past run of shows and I hope it continues to move in that direction.
I agree that FTWD this season showed some major improvement.

That is how I read it.
I thought the decision not to kill Neegan was ridiculous. Sure you want to be better people and not just go around killing everyone but at Neegan was straight up evil and would pose s future danger

Didn't Rick make that decision, though, based on a promise he made to Carl?

The show seems more like a soap opera now. Yeah, the glass floor thing was stupid obvious. DH asked why they would bring down the heaviest thing first with a glass floor? AND why did they keep walking over the same cracked spot while carrying the smaller items? Couldn't they have just walked to the side?

I knew as soon as they got rid of Madison FTWD would vastly improve for me ;) She was growing very tiresome.

The show seems more like a soap opera now. Yeah, the glass floor thing was stupid obvious. DH asked why they would bring down the heaviest thing first with a glass floor? AND why did they keep walking over the same cracked spot while carrying the smaller items? Couldn't they have just walked to the side?

I was asking that same question - can't you walk to the side with half of this stuff? Maybe not the wagon but everything else. And my other thought was - they clearly can build houses, install solar panels, have iron workers but yet they can't build a simple wagon? Let's use one from probably the 1800's instead to carry back all the things we took from the museum. Heck of a plan. Let's go to a museum and get a bunch of items and while we are there let's get a 200+ year old transport to bring them back. Sure it's still stable and not rotted at all after years of no upkeep.

I thought the episode was ok for what it was - building for the season. But things need to pickup quickly in order for most not to lose interest early in this season.

The thing about the glass floor, any building that would have a glass floor, you better believe it's stronger than the regular floor. So the fact the glass broke is pretty far fetched. They obviously brought the wagon in on that same glass with no problems, along with everything else that was up those stairs in the museum, but I guess we are to suspend reality, which obviously we do watching a show about zombies, but some of things they do are just so dumb .

Just my opinion, but tonight's episode stunk big time.
Yup. We actually laughed out loud multiple times at scenes that were clearly not meant to be funny. The whole museum bit was just asinine. Then when that kid was telling someone how they just needed to get to know Daryl I said: "so how many minutes before he dies"? Just obvious the way they set it up -- like a bad horror movie from the 80's. Then the Rick/Daryl convo to catch us up on why they cared to risk lives to save an old canoe (running out of gas... finally). The whole thing was heavy-handed and plodding.

The show seems more like a soap opera now.
Yes! It's a cross between a bad horror movie and a soap opera now. During the episode, I said we should call it "Walking Hospital"... or "Days of our Dead".

JUST. SO. SAD. They had solid source material and just Gimpled the whole thing. A true TV tragedy for the ages. :sad2:

I did enjoy the new opening title sequence!

It took me days to get around to watching it, and that's a change for me as I used to be anticipating it on Sunday nights. I definitely became less invested last year, and I'm not quite sure if I'll still be watching in the post Rick Grimes era. I wasn't necessarily a huge Carl fan in the general sense, but I did enjoy the father/son dynamic and the whole idea of raising a teen in the post-apocalyptic world. A large part of the appeal for me with this show is the breakdown of societal norms (less the horror part), so I found the parenting piece interesting. Plus, I feel like when strong characters that I like died in the past, there were newer ones that filled the void for me, but now there's an imbalance - at least for me. But after listening to the new show runner on the Talking Dead, I do feel like I'll give it a shot for a few weeks.

Cool set piece aside, do we feel like all the outdoor recreational stores, hardware stores, and farming supply stores in the area had been completely ransacked at this point and raiding museums was the only option? Maybe, I guess...

It took me days to get around to watching it, and that's a change for me as I used to be anticipating it on Sunday nights. I definitely became less invested last year, and I'm not quite sure if I'll still be watching in the post Rick Grimes era. I wasn't necessarily a huge Carl fan in the general sense, but I did enjoy the father/son dynamic and the whole idea of raising a teen in the post-apocalyptic world. A large part of the appeal for me with this show is the breakdown of societal norms (less the horror part), so I found the parenting piece interesting. Plus, I feel like when strong characters that I like died in the past, there were newer ones that filled the void for me, but now there's an imbalance - at least for me. But after listening to the new show runner on the Talking Dead, I do feel like I'll give it a shot for a few weeks.

Cool set piece aside, do we feel like all the outdoor recreational stores, hardware stores, and farming supply stores in the area had been completely ransacked at this point and raiding museums was the only option? Maybe, I guess...

And anyone else gotten to the point of wondering how safe the bottled water and canned goods are at this point?

Did anyone else notice the helicopter in the open? That still needs to be resolved, doesn't it?

I wonder if they took the wagon from the museum simply because they needed something to haul everything they found? After all, didn't a group of them arrive in DC in a "home built" wagon?

And anyone else gotten to the point of wondering how safe the bottled water and canned goods are at this point?

Seeing how canned goods are what people are told to store in case of emergencies I would think they would be OK.

Then the Rick/Daryl convo to catch us up on why they cared to risk lives to save an old canoe (running out of gas... finally).

Ah, I was so focused on the ridiculousness of the wagon that I completely forgot about the canoe! Seriously mid-scene I look at DW and go "is every Sports Authority and Dick's now completely out of canoes?". Running out of gas is one plot hole I'm finally glad they addressed. Next thing you know they'll be explained who has been cutting all the lawns these years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter