The water may be fake, but the wine is real! Mother Daughter 2017 F&W Trip!!! (Updated 5/27!)

Mission Accomplished!

Haha, yup! It was so cool to see!

Ugh! I hate when this happens. I know the CM did it so as to not hold up everyone. but it rewards bad behavior. I also hate when teh people doing it have kids. It's just showing them bad behavior too!

YES! It's so annoying! Just glad we didn't see too much of this bad behavior!

My goodness! Sounds like the CM were all in a bad mood that day!

Yeah, it was odd, but we figured everyone has bad days, and guess that was just one of them!

Day 5, Part 2: It’s an Ice Cream Kind of Morning

After getting off the mine train, we decided to stop by some photopass photographers (of course).

So cool to see the horses on Main Street!

We were getting a bit hungry after getting our pictures, and my mom was craving some ice cream since it was so ridiculously hot already, so we made our way over to the ice cream shop on Main Street.

When we arrived, we were surprised to see it wasn’t open yet. Turns out it doesn’t open until 11:00! It was about 10:45 at that point, and there was already a line to get in, so we decided to just wait in line since it was in the shade and we were kind of exhausted and didn’t feel like walking anymore.

While waiting, there were so many people walking by wanting to pick up ice cream who were so disappointed it wasn’t open yet, and even more disappointed at how long the line was already to get in! I’m surprised they don’t open earlier than 11:00, the demand certainly seems to be there for ice cream earlier in the day!

They finally opened a few minutes after 11:00, so we made our way in and ordered our ice cream! My mom got a bowl of mint chip, and I got the same but with hot fudge.

It was a perfect, albeit unhealthy, lunch break!

By the time we finished eating, it was time for our last FP+ of the day, Space!

We made our way over to the mountain, and were happy to see it was finally open! There was a bit of a wait even with the FP+, about 15 minutes.

Usually I sit in front of my mom, but this time she decided she wanted to sit in front, so I happily took the back seat. Now my mom usually hates this ride, but after riding in front of me has determined she actually likes it, but only if she sits in front of me. Haha, ok mom, you can always have the front seat!

Next up: A Surprise Proposal!

They really should open up the ice cream shop earlier, especially if the demand is there! Sounds like a nice lunch stop :) Glad you were able to get on Space Mountain and that your mom enjoyed it!

They really should open up the ice cream shop earlier, especially if the demand is there! Sounds like a nice lunch stop :) Glad you were able to get on Space Mountain and that your mom enjoyed it!

Yeah, we couldn't figure out why they waited until 11 to open, especially on days that are so ridiculously hot! It's vacation, eating ice cream at 9AM sounds like a fantastic idea!

So surprised my mom actually enjoyed Space for once! I usually have to drag her on it, but this time she loved it! Just need to remind her of this for our trip next fall!

I finally have a chance to come back and read your report :woohoo:

I am caught up through Day 2:

You know I'm loving the great morning shots of the YC lighthouse, slide and beach!

:love:

You got so many excellent photopass and character pictures!

Love how many booths you were able to stop at.

UGH! on the bus trouble and then the trouble your mom had entering the MK! And that you got attitude as well. Sheesh!

Hopefully the awesome train station photo helped to make up for your annoyance.

I enjoyed reading your review of Skippers. I ate there a couple of weeks ago. The waiter warned me that the hot and sour soup I ordered was spicy, and it was. It was good, and would have been better if I had received the Schweitzer slushie I ordered without having to ask again.

So sorry you had to criss cross the park so much, but getting rides on Pirates and Haunted with no wait, and finally having an awesome meet up with Donald seems like it was worth it. I think Donald was trying to do a pumpkin patch shot when you were all squatting.

You had an awesome spot for Hallowishes! I love that the desserts were Halloween themed.

LOL on your mom's competitive streak on Buzz.

That's awesome that you got all the great Haunted Mansion photos and then the Tangled lantern.

:hmghost:

Day 3:

Yikes on the fire alarm, although your chance encounter with the little girl sounds precious!

We had a midnight fire alarm once at Beach Club when I was there for a meet with friends. I had just taken a sleeping pill and I probably would not have heard the alarm if the people I was staying with had not rousted me! Just a few minutes later was my first encounter meeting ~Ninjamom in person! That was quite a night!

What a beautiful setting for your breakfast.

More great food & drink choices. I loved the Taste of Greece. I didn't try the brisket you got, but it looks really good.

Boo on not being able to find loungers at Stomalong Bay! The chair-thingies on the islands is where we usually end up because we know we can find seating there.

I have been on Navi River Journey twice, FP, I didn't notice the not-water on the wall. Now I want to go back and see!

WTH on that family on the safari. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and say that most of the crap you see is a result of them being clueless instead of intentional rudeness, but this seemed to be a little of both.

YAY on pre-dinner EE with no wait!

I have heard great things about the octopus at Tiffin's!

Sorry you had a rushed safari after dinner. The color in the trees in the picture you posted looks amazing. I bet you would have appreciated more time to enjoy the sunset.

I agree, Pandora at night is super dark. It is hard to navigate since it is a new land to so many people.

:cool2:

I finally have a chance to come back and read your report :woohoo:

I am caught up through Day 2:

You know I'm loving the great morning shots of the YC lighthouse, slide and beach!

:love:

You got so many excellent photopass and character pictures!

Haha, I should post more of my YC pictures! I always end up taking so many on our stroll to Epcot in the morning!

Love how many booths you were able to stop at.

UGH! on the bus trouble and then the trouble your mom had entering the MK! And that you got attitude as well. Sheesh!

Hopefully the awesome train station photo helped to make up for your annoyance.

We wanted to get something from each booth, but didn't even come close! We tried though, and ended up trying a bunch of great items!

That bus wait was horrible, worst we've ever experienced from the hotel.

I still can't believe that CMs attitude at MK! My poor mom was so flustered, she never expected them to be so rude to her!

Funny thing about the picture in front of the park, we noticed when we got home, all our pictures in front of train station had a train in them! We've never gotten that before!

I enjoyed reading your review of Skippers. I ate there a couple of weeks ago. The waiter warned me that the hot and sour soup I ordered was spicy, and it was. It was good, and would have been better if I had received the Schweitzer slushie I ordered without having to ask again.

Thanks! We were really impressed with this place, probably our favorite sit down place in MK now!

So sorry you had to criss cross the park so much, but getting rides on Pirates and Haunted with no wait, and finally having an awesome meet up with Donald seems like it was worth it. I think Donald was trying to do a pumpkin patch shot when you were all squatting.

Haha, yeah we didn't plan that night out well. It was still a blast though! And that makes so much sense about Donald, we had no idea what he was doing, so just copied him! HA!

You had an awesome spot for Hallowishes! I love that the desserts were Halloween themed.

LOL on your mom's competitive streak on Buzz.

That's awesome that you got all the great Haunted Mansion photos and then the Tangled lantern.

:hmghost:
We were so surprised how good the view was for Hallowishes! The dessert party was pricey, but we thought it was worth it to get away from the crowds for a bit and have that view for the show!

Haha, yeah, my mom and I really get competitive on that ride. She used to always beat me, our trip this past May was the first time I beat her, and now I almost always beat her. She's not very happy about that.

One of my goals for the night was to get the special pictures, so we were happy we got those! The only one we missed was the headless horseman, so that is our priority picture for our trip next year!

Day 3:

Yikes on the fire alarm, although your chance encounter with the little girl sounds precious!

We had a midnight fire alarm once at Beach Club when I was there for a meet with friends. I had just taken a sleeping pill and I probably would not have heard the alarm if the people I was staying with had not rousted me! Just a few minutes later was my first encounter meeting ~Ninjamom in person! That was quite a night!

It was our first YC fire alarm, so get to check that off our bucket list! The little girl who I chatted with was awesome, such a fun personality!

That's too funny about your experience with the fire alarm, and so cool it lead to your first meeting with Ninjamom!

What a beautiful setting for your breakfast.

More great food & drink choices. I loved the Taste of Greece. I didn't try the brisket you got, but it looks really good.

Breakfast in France has become one of our favorite low key morning options, it's so relaxing and pretty back there!

The brisket was great, if it comes back next year I highly recommend it!

Boo on not being able to find loungers at Stomalong Bay! The chair-thingies on the islands is where we usually end up because we know we can find seating there.

Yeah, when we can't find loungers, we always head over to the island since we figure we can find at least one chair there to dump our stuff. Fortunately neither of us like to lay out, we really just want to swim, so it's not the end of the world.

I have been on Navi River Journey twice, FP, I didn't notice the not-water on the wall. Now I want to go back and see!

WTH on that family on the safari. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and say that most of the crap you see is a result of them being clueless instead of intentional rudeness, but this seemed to be a little of both.

Haha, it was funny, once I touched it to see if it was real, the people around us in line started touching it too! Everyone seemed surprised it was fake water!

Oh my goodness, I know! That family was ridiculous! I totally understand being confused and not understanding, but they were just flat out rude. Totally inexcusable!

YAY on pre-dinner EE with no wait!

I have heard great things about the octopus at Tiffin's!

Sorry you had a rushed safari after dinner. The color in the trees in the picture you posted looks amazing. I bet you would have appreciated more time to enjoy the sunset.

I agree, Pandora at night is super dark. It is hard to navigate since it is a new land to so many people.

:cool2:

YES! I love EE, and love it more when there is no wait!

The octopus is amazing, we order it every time we go to Tiffins!

Yeah, it was odd how rushed the safari was...maybe the CM driving the truck was at the end of his shift and wanted out of there? The lighting was really pretty though!

Yeah, my mom was not a fan of how dark Pandora was at night. She was really struggling to see, and even in some areas I had trouble seeing!

Day 5, Part 4: A Surprise Proposal!

After finishing up on Space, we were ready to head out of the MK. We made our way down Main street, of course stopping at Photopass photographers on the way!

We eventually made it to the entrance, when I noticed that Chip and Dale were meeting by the flag pole. I knew they were my mom’s favorite characters, so I asked her if she’d be interested in meeting with them. She thought about it for a moment, and decided that yes, she would love to meet with the silly chipmunks!

The wait was pretty long to meet them, there wasn’t a long line, but they were spending a lot of time with each family, which we appreciated. Finally it was our turn! As always, my mom told them that they were her favorite characters, and per usual they just gushed over her!

We were joking around with them, when something surprising happens. Dale runs over to his handler and grabs a box, runs back over to my mom, gets down on one knee and “proposes” to my mom!

HAAAA! Oh my goodness, it was so funny. So my mom tries to take the ring from Dale, but he won’t give it to her! While my mom and Dale are having this exchange, Chip and I are having an exchange about how crazy Dale is.

Turns out Dale wasn’t proposing to my mom, he was proposing to himself. Yup, crazy little guy!

It was one of the most fun interactions we’ve ever had with characters!

Next up: Finally, Air Conditioning!

26218883019_da893e7318_z.jpg
Too Funny.

I love it. Sounds like a fun and worth the wait!

Awe too cute

It was so amazing! My mom is still talking about it!

What awesome interaction with Chip & Dale! The photos came out so cute!

It was one of the best interactions we've had. They spent so much time with each family, even us without kids! We loved it!

Too Funny.

I love it. Sounds like a fun and worth the wait!

Haha, yeah, it was really funny. Even their handler couldn't stop laughing at their antics! Definitely work the wait!

Day 5, Part 5: I think we Just Melted

After saying goodbye to the chipmunks, we swung by the other photopass shots in that area before leaving the MK.

It was sweltering hot this day, and we were exhausted so although it was early we were ready to leave the park and the heat!

So, after wrapping up our last picture, we exited the park and headed down to the boat dock. Our plan was to take the boat over to the Grand Floridian since my mom had been wanting to swing by to shop at Basin. She has wanted to stop here the last few trips, but we hadn’t had time, but this time we not only had time, but it was a perfect way to get out of the heat for a bit!

When we arrived at the boat dock there was no one there besides the security guards, so we assumed we had just missed the boat. We were a bit disappointed since we were melting at that point, and although the line for the boat is covered, it is still out in the heat! We commiserated with the security guards about the heat, we actually felt really bad for them since they have to wear so much for their uniforms! They were all so happy and it was a great chat with them to pass the time. Eventually a line formed behind us, and about 20 minutes after we arrived a boat finally showed up!

It was great getting on the boat, we grabbed seats on the first row bench, and although it was open air, the breeze once we started moving felt amazing!

The trip over to the GF was quick, we were the first stop, and soon we were walking into that amazing lobby!

By the time we got there we were seriously feeling the heat and needed to sit down and cool off, so we ended up crashing on a couch in the lobby for a solid 30 minutes just to cool off and relax!

We eventually starting feeling normal again so made our way upstairs to Basin! This store is fantastic, it’s unfortunate we never have time to stop by on other trips! We spent a long time in there just checking everything out. I finally purchased some soap and some bath bombs, and my mom ended up getting some soap.

After purchasing our goodies, we made our way over to the monorail. We got there just as one was pulling away, but fortunately it was a very short wait for the next and soon we were on our way to TTC!

When we got to TTC, we made our way down the ramp and over to the Epcot monorail. I saw the Epcot monorail was already in the station, so told my mom to run! So we ran up the ramp, and managed to get on just before they closed the door! YES!

We were quickly on our way to Epcot!

Next up: Second lunch!

I thought I was caught up here, but I was so, so wrong!

Day 4:

Of course I loved that you started your day at Stormalong Bay. I haven't been to Yacht & Beach nearly as many times as you- 6 times I think- but I am also surprised to learn about the bench in the lazy river. Never knew about that, either.

OK, I'm impressed with your tequila tasting lunch and that you were still standing at the end of it

:worship:

Tequila.jpg

I'm with your mom about the roasted beet salad. YUM! One of my Disney favorites was the Roasted Beet & Goat Chees salad from Sunshine Seasons. This was my go-to meal at the World. I was gutted when I learned it was discontinued. GRRRR!!!!

The Light Lab looked very cool, but I didn't see much of interest there either.

I'm glad you took the time to see the movie in Canada. I love the "new" Martin Short version. We have skipped most of the WS movies, too. Haven't seen Reflections of China since the early 90's. I had skipped the one in France since seeing it solo in 2008, but then went with friends in 2015, then again with Mark and friends in October 2016.

The Figment magic shot is AWESOME!!! I have never seen that one in anyone else's reports.

:figment:

Wow, what a GREAT night at Jellyrolls. You and your mom rock! Even if it is to Lindsey Buckingham...

:goodvibes

Cute PP pics! Cooling off at the GF sounds perfect!

Thanks! Yeah, it was a great place to escape the heat and cool off, that lobby is amazing!

At least you got one of your modes of transportation with a short wait!

Haha! I know, we didn't have the best luck with transportation, just happy we caught the Epcot monorail right before it left since that one always seems to take forever to arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts